new here

  • Anika
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 6, 2010
      hi all
      I am Anika. a 60 something grandmother and elder here in my village. my kids gave me a computer for xmas so I could join the new age. this last year my husband passed away and I have buried myself in work and this is their way to help me reconnect with the world and to nurture myself by connecting with hopefully others with the same interests. we live a nation away from my people and now I am in the foothills instead of the forests.

      I spend my days teaching the young ones how to care for grandmother earth and how to be fair when it comes time to run their own lodge. I also teach about the old medicine herbs and song and dance. a few kids have taken a real interest which truthfully keeps me going.
      many strange things have happened to me starting when I got hit by lightening. my faith and confidence was quite shaken and all my beliefs are undergoing an upheaval in the world of seen and unseen since my husbands sudden passing.

      some senses are so keen as to frighten me, and others that I used to rely on are dull and lifeless. I also work with horses as my main income and that work has changed as I seemed to sink into another dimension. If I am not really making sense , I apologize but I am really searching for others who do work in second sight who have had these shifts so I can make some sense of it or at least know I am not alone or crazy.

      I inherited my station when my medicine man who I mentored under suddenly passed away. I was not ready to help others and fought it constantly. my husband was my support and help in this work. the people still come as they have faith in me even when I did not or at times still do not.

      not sure if this is the kind of intro we are supposed to give but there it is, I find it easier to be honest than to remember what I left out. so anyway, hello and namaste.
    • danusfire
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 8, 2010
        Hi Anika,

        Welcome to the group. This group is pretty tolerant of those of us who have had a 'crisis of faith'. All that is expected is an honest curiosity about the ways of nature and spirit; at least, that is my take on things. I look forward to your questions and insights. I hope you feel at home here.
        Will