Re: [Shamanic Ways] Re: Identity and labels

  • Branwyn ni Druaidh
    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 1, 2009
      On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:29 PM, odddoll <odddoll@...> wrote:

      > Perhaps we should create a made-up word for modern shamanic practice and
      > get on with it.

      We had that discussion too. IIRC, that ended in not being able to find a
      word or label that accurately described what we do, without infringing on
      other cultures words to describe themselves.

      Branwyn
      --
      Per pale argent and purpure, two phoenixes counterchanged sable and argent
      each rising from flames proper.

      "It is sometimes the most fragile things that have the power to endure and
      become sources of strength."
      - May Sarton

      "Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living."- Albert
      Einstein

      "Out of clutter, find Simplicity. From discord, find Harmony. In the middle
      of difficulty lies opportunity." - Albert Einstein

      "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful
      than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin

    • windhorse_dancer@yahoo.com
      Message 42 of 42 , Sep 15, 2009
        Lol. Yeah, that might not be so good.

        We went with about 2inches of rain over the past 4 months. There were 6inch wide cracks in the ground. This helped tremendously.

        Kendra

        From: windhorse_dancer@...

        Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 00:47:46
        To: <ShamanicWays@yahoogroups.com>

        Tis very very quiet at my end too.

        Loved all the rain we got though. Frogs and toads have a lot to say right now. 10 inches in 4 days.

        Kendra

        From: Nick Noble Wolf <true_dog@...>

        Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 20:05:49
        To: <ShamanicWays@yahoogroups.com>

        :-)

        Blessings,
        /~Nick/
        /If I follow my spirit, I'll get somewhere./

        *Nicholas Noble Wolf*
        Ignacio/Durango, Colorado
        Web Site <http://www.nicholasnoblewolf.com>
        Twitter <http://twitter.com/nicknoblewolf>