Re: [ShadowRealms] Re: Hi there...

  • lvgiffgrl4@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 6, 2003
      I want to read the rest of Anne's books... but my library doesn't have any of
      them, darn it. So I'ma have to get some more money before I can go in that
      direction. Ack! The twelfth time! Well they must be pretty dang good then.
      :P I'll have to add 'em to my list. Thanks.

      Jamie

      > Well obviously if you have not read them yet the rest of Anne's books
      > are a must. Also I agree 100% on Neil Gaiman's books being on
      > the "must read" list as well. Another author I have to recommend,
      > especially since I am currently re-reading some of his works for
      > about the ummmm... *thinks for a moment*... 12th time,is David
      > Eddings. The Belgariad and Mallorean series are must reads as well as
      > The Redemption of Althalus. There are dozens more I could recommend
      > but these are among the ones that are special favorites of mine.

    • Bernice .
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7, 2003
        Jamie wrote:
        > Well anyway... if you guys know of any good
        > fantasy/sci-fi authors... :P I'm
        > open to recommendations.

        For SF definately read David Weber's Honor Harrington series :)

        In fantasy, someone that hasn't been mentioned is Lynn Flewelling and her
        Nightrunner series (and other books in that world). I'm probably about 2/3
        through Hidden Warrior, and it's pretty good :)

        Bernice

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 7, 2003
          In a message dated 03-07-07 10:32:48 EDT, Bernice wrote:

          << I'm probably about 2/3
          through Hidden Warrior, and it's pretty good :) >>

          I haven't had a chance to pick up a copy yet. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

          Anne
        • Elissa Holtmeier
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 7, 2003
            Well I figured I may as well jump on the band wagon
            here in saying what other authors I enjoy beside Anne
            ;)

            Holly Lisle's Secret Text trilogy was AMAZING! The
            characters, the plot, the world, I loved it! Her most
            recent series which i believe is call The World Gates
            isn't too bad but I don't enjoy it as much as the
            Secret Texts.

            I beleive someone mentioned Sara Douglass I loved her
            books! But seeing as I am in N.A. I've only been
            able to read the first three in Wayfarer redemption.
            And Jacqueline Carey was mentioned I'm still waiting
            for Avatar to come in the mail!!

            hmm I also enjoy Deborah Chester's The Sword, The
            Ring, and the Chalice. They are a different type of
            fantasy than BJT maybe more like Epics I want to say
            but I'm not sure but they were good.

            Dawn Cook, another recent discovery I've read First
            Truth and Hidden Truth, I'm hoping there will be more
            in this series because the main character has almost
            my name (Alissa vs. Elissa, close enough for me ;)

            My last suggestion is the author Isobelle Carmody.
            Her three books that I've read are Obernewtyn, The
            Farseekers, and Ashling. They are great great books!

            Well now that I have taken up plenty of time with this
            e-mail, but I have nothing else to do besides waiting
            for Anne's new stories!!!
            Byebye!

            ~LISS

            P.S. Anyone here read Harry Potter? I finished book 5
            in 14 hours the day I got it! Bye again!

            http://sbc.yahoo.com
          • Celest RavenWolf
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 7, 2003
              merry meet :)

              lvgiffgrl4@... wrote:Hey everyone! I'm Jamie... From Las Vegas, NV... a junior in high school...
              Anyway, Raonaid, a good friend of mine, told me I needed to try Anne Bishop's
              Dark Jewels Trilogy, so I did... and WOW! I just finished the last book
              yesterday. And it is the greatest series ever! I absolutely loved it. So when
              Rao told me about this group I had to check it out. :P I was never that into
              fantasy until she got her hands on me. Now... especially after reading Ms.
              Bishop's trilogy + The Invisible Ring... it's one of my very favorite genres.
              Well anyway... if you guys know of any good fantasy/sci-fi authors... :P I'm
              open to recommendations.

              Jamie

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              "I'll be waiting here for you, so if you come here, you'll find me....
              I promise."
              ~*Squall Leonhart FFVIII

              " Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto Beth daer: Rimmo nin Bruinen Dan in Ulaer!"

            • Brian Fuller
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 8, 2003
                I really enjoyed all three of Jacqueline Carrey's books. And about Harry
                Potter, I really liked the first 4, so I got the 5th book at 4pm the day it
                came out, and finished it the next morning at 2am. I'm still waiting for Ms.
                Bishop's next book to arrive at my door though.