Re: new room

  • bj hunter
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
      Well, the main problem would probably be.. lets see... MONEY! The
      kitchen is our next remodel. That is where I spend most of my time
      anyway! BJ

      --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "Ronda L Christoph"
      <rondachristoph@e...> wrote:

      > 6 books in that series? LOL I will have to get my husband to
      build on
      > another room in our house for all of my books! BJ
      >

      > And the problem with this is.........................?
      >
      > Ronda

    • bj hunter
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
        I really dont like the dragon parts. I am just not into them. I can
        accept witches, vampires (luv those), shape shifters, fairies, etc,
        but not dragons. That is stretching it a bit for me, but my 5 year
        old son loves them! Oh those young imaginations! BJ

        --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "trunks_luver Kat"
        <trunks_luver@h...> wrote:
        > I've recently read The Witches of Eileanan.... I wasn't very
        impressed. I
        > expected something similar to anne's books, just because its from
        the same
        > publishing company, but the writing wasn't nearly as well done. I
        got bored
        > about halfway through, there were too many story lines to keep
        track of in
        > my head.... and I hated one of the twins.
        >

        > From: "bj hunter" <bbhunter25@h...>
        > To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [ShadowRealms] new books
        > Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:13:50 -0000
        >
        > Hi everyone! I went to a used bookstore and bought 2 books and I
        > wondered if any of you have read them. They are by Kate
        Forsyth: "The
        > Witches of Eileanan" and "The Pool of Two Moons". They were each
        > only $1 so I thought I would try them until my copy of "The
        Invisible
        > Ring" comes in. Thanks! BJ
        >

        > ShadowRealms, discussion of great fantasy!
        >
        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Celest RavenWolf
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
          young imaginations? i still believe in dragons.....

          <trunks_luver@h...> wrote:
          > I've recently read The Witches of Eileanan.... I wasn't very
          impressed. I
          > expected something similar to anne's books, just because its from
          the same
          > publishing company, but the writing wasn't nearly as well done. I
          got bored
          > about halfway through, there were too many story lines to keep
          track of in
          > my head.... and I hated one of the twins.
          >

          > From: "bj hunter" <bbhunter25@h...>
          > To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [ShadowRealms] new books
          > Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:13:50 -0000
          >
          > Hi everyone! I went to a used bookstore and bought 2 books and I
          > wondered if any of you have read them. They are by Kate
          Forsyth: "The
          > Witches of Eileanan" and "The Pool of Two Moons". They were each
          > only $1 so I thought I would try them until my copy of "The
          Invisible
          > Ring" comes in. Thanks! BJ
          >

          > ShadowRealms, discussion of great fantasy!
          >
          > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          "I'll be waiting here for you, so if you come here, you'll find me....
          I promise."
          ~*Squall Leonhart FFVIII

          " Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto Beth daer: Rimmo nin Bruinen Dan in Ulaer!"

        • tarnished_unicorn69
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
            What about Lorn and Draca in BJT?

            --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "bj hunter" <bbhunter25@h...>
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
              ......and people with wings,unicorns,and that the good side of people
              is what will we see.

              --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Celest RavenWolf

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
                Those are all fine... and the Lorn and Draca thing too... I just dont
                like the thought of dragons flying around and burning people up is
                all. Like I said, just cant get into it. Some people cant get into
                vampires, but they have been my favorite since I was a kid. BJ

                --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "tarnished_unicorn69"
                <tarnished_unicorn69@y...> wrote:
                > ......and people with wings,unicorns,and that the good side of
                people
                > is what will we see.
                >
                > --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Celest RavenWolf
                > <rinoa_of_rivendell@y...> wrote:
                > > young imaginations? i still believe in dragons.....
                > >

                > > bj hunter <bbhunter25@h...> wrote:
                > > I really dont like the dragon parts. I am just not into them. I
                can
                > > accept witches, vampires (luv those), shape shifters, fairies,
                etc,
                > > but not dragons. That is stretching it a bit for me, but my 5
                year
                > > old son loves them! Oh those young imaginations! BJ

              • Ariel VanSaandt
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
                  --- bj hunter <bbhunter25@...> wrote:
                  > I just dont
                  > like the thought of dragons flying around and
                  > burning people up is
                  > all.

                  I'm guessing, but you probably didn't think much of
                  Reign Of Fire then, huh? Me neither...post-apocalyptic
                  anything has no appeal to me, but to screw up a
                  perfectly good dragon fantasy by making it a
                  post-apocalyptic dragon fantasy....bleah. I want those
                  two hours of my life back.

                  -Ariel

                  http://sbc.yahoo.com
                • bj hunter
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 3, 2003
                    Ariel, I dont know anything about Reign of Fire. I quit reading the
                    Kate Forsyth books for now until I get all 6. I like to read a series
                    all together, and if I dont like this series, I will just sell them
                    back to the used bookstore where I got them. I get the authors books
                    I know I will like from Borders or Barnes and Noble, but I get the
                    ones I havent heard of from the used bookstore in case they are
                    lousy. BJ
                    --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Ariel VanSaandt
                    <avansaandt@y...> wrote:

                    > --- bj hunter <bbhunter25@h...> wrote:
                    > > I just dont
                    > > like the thought of dragons flying around and
                    > > burning people up is
                    > > all.
                    >
                    > I'm guessing, but you probably didn't think much of
                    > Reign Of Fire then, huh? Me neither...post-apocalyptic
                    > anything has no appeal to me, but to screw up a
                    > perfectly good dragon fantasy by making it a
                    > post-apocalyptic dragon fantasy....bleah. I want those
                    > two hours of my life back.
                    >
                    > -Ariel

                    > http://sbc.yahoo.com
                  • tyflyygirl
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 31, 2005
                      I've recently read the new Katie McCallister book Fire Me Up. It was
                      hilarious as usual,but I think that my earlier assesment of Drake was
                      right. I don't think he is good for Aisling. He likes to play too many
                      games and then she looks crazy. I also read Black Rose by Nora
                      Roberts. It made a very good sequel. Tell me what you think.

                      End before time runs out
                      Start before time begins
                      All is revealed when life
                      seems truly open