Re: [ShadowRealms] new books

  • trunks_luver Kat
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 30, 2003
      I've recently read The Witches of Eileanan.... I wasn't very impressed. I
      expected something similar to anne's books, just because its from the same
      publishing company, but the writing wasn't nearly as well done. I got bored
      about halfway through, there were too many story lines to keep track of in
      my head.... and I hated one of the twins.

      From: "bj hunter" <bbhunter25@...>
      To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ShadowRealms] new books
      Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:13:50 -0000

      Hi everyone! I went to a used bookstore and bought 2 books and I
      wondered if any of you have read them. They are by Kate Forsyth: "The
      Witches of Eileanan" and "The Pool of Two Moons". They were each
      only $1 so I thought I would try them until my copy of "The Invisible
      Ring" comes in. Thanks! BJ

    • bj hunter
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1 7:16 AM
        Well, the main problem would probably be.. lets see... MONEY! The
        kitchen is our next remodel. That is where I spend most of my time
        anyway! BJ

        --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "Ronda L Christoph"
        <rondachristoph@e...> wrote:

        > 6 books in that series? LOL I will have to get my husband to
        build on
        > another room in our house for all of my books! BJ
        >

        > And the problem with this is.........................?
        >
        > Ronda

      • bj hunter
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1 7:20 AM
          I really dont like the dragon parts. I am just not into them. I can
          accept witches, vampires (luv those), shape shifters, fairies, etc,
          but not dragons. That is stretching it a bit for me, but my 5 year
          old son loves them! Oh those young imaginations! BJ

          --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "trunks_luver Kat"
          <trunks_luver@h...> wrote:
          > I've recently read The Witches of Eileanan.... I wasn't very
          impressed. I
          > expected something similar to anne's books, just because its from
          the same
          > publishing company, but the writing wasn't nearly as well done. I
          got bored
          > about halfway through, there were too many story lines to keep
          track of in
          > my head.... and I hated one of the twins.
          >

          > From: "bj hunter" <bbhunter25@h...>
          > To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [ShadowRealms] new books
          > Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:13:50 -0000
          >
          > Hi everyone! I went to a used bookstore and bought 2 books and I
          > wondered if any of you have read them. They are by Kate
          Forsyth: "The
          > Witches of Eileanan" and "The Pool of Two Moons". They were each
          > only $1 so I thought I would try them until my copy of "The
          Invisible
          > Ring" comes in. Thanks! BJ
          >

          > ShadowRealms, discussion of great fantasy!
          >
          > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Celest RavenWolf
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1 1:24 PM
            young imaginations? i still believe in dragons.....

            <trunks_luver@h...> wrote:
            > I've recently read The Witches of Eileanan.... I wasn't very
            impressed. I
            > expected something similar to anne's books, just because its from
            the same
            > publishing company, but the writing wasn't nearly as well done. I
            got bored
            > about halfway through, there were too many story lines to keep
            track of in
            > my head.... and I hated one of the twins.
            >

            > From: "bj hunter" <bbhunter25@h...>
            > To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [ShadowRealms] new books
            > Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:13:50 -0000
            >
            > Hi everyone! I went to a used bookstore and bought 2 books and I
            > wondered if any of you have read them. They are by Kate
            Forsyth: "The
            > Witches of Eileanan" and "The Pool of Two Moons". They were each
            > only $1 so I thought I would try them until my copy of "The
            Invisible
            > Ring" comes in. Thanks! BJ
            >

            > ShadowRealms, discussion of great fantasy!
            >
            > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            "I'll be waiting here for you, so if you come here, you'll find me....
            I promise."
            ~*Squall Leonhart FFVIII

            " Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto Beth daer: Rimmo nin Bruinen Dan in Ulaer!"

          • tarnished_unicorn69
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 2 1:46 AM
              What about Lorn and Draca in BJT?

              --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "bj hunter" <bbhunter25@h...>
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 2 1:50 AM
                ......and people with wings,unicorns,and that the good side of people
                is what will we see.

                --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Celest RavenWolf

                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 2 6:05 AM
                  Those are all fine... and the Lorn and Draca thing too... I just dont
                  like the thought of dragons flying around and burning people up is
                  all. Like I said, just cant get into it. Some people cant get into
                  vampires, but they have been my favorite since I was a kid. BJ

                  --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "tarnished_unicorn69"
                  <tarnished_unicorn69@y...> wrote:
                  > ......and people with wings,unicorns,and that the good side of
                  people
                  > is what will we see.
                  >
                  > --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Celest RavenWolf
                  > <rinoa_of_rivendell@y...> wrote:
                  > > young imaginations? i still believe in dragons.....
                  > >

                  > > bj hunter <bbhunter25@h...> wrote:
                  > > I really dont like the dragon parts. I am just not into them. I
                  can
                  > > accept witches, vampires (luv those), shape shifters, fairies,
                  etc,
                  > > but not dragons. That is stretching it a bit for me, but my 5
                  year
                  > > old son loves them! Oh those young imaginations! BJ

                • Ariel VanSaandt
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 2 6:05 PM
                    --- bj hunter <bbhunter25@...> wrote:
                    > I just dont
                    > like the thought of dragons flying around and
                    > burning people up is
                    > all.

                    I'm guessing, but you probably didn't think much of
                    Reign Of Fire then, huh? Me neither...post-apocalyptic
                    anything has no appeal to me, but to screw up a
                    perfectly good dragon fantasy by making it a
                    post-apocalyptic dragon fantasy....bleah. I want those
                    two hours of my life back.

                    -Ariel

                    http://sbc.yahoo.com
                  • bj hunter
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 3 8:04 AM
                      Ariel, I dont know anything about Reign of Fire. I quit reading the
                      Kate Forsyth books for now until I get all 6. I like to read a series
                      all together, and if I dont like this series, I will just sell them
                      back to the used bookstore where I got them. I get the authors books
                      I know I will like from Borders or Barnes and Noble, but I get the
                      ones I havent heard of from the used bookstore in case they are
                      lousy. BJ
                      --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Ariel VanSaandt
                      <avansaandt@y...> wrote:

                      > --- bj hunter <bbhunter25@h...> wrote:
                      > > I just dont
                      > > like the thought of dragons flying around and
                      > > burning people up is
                      > > all.
                      >
                      > I'm guessing, but you probably didn't think much of
                      > Reign Of Fire then, huh? Me neither...post-apocalyptic
                      > anything has no appeal to me, but to screw up a
                      > perfectly good dragon fantasy by making it a
                      > post-apocalyptic dragon fantasy....bleah. I want those
                      > two hours of my life back.
                      >
                      > -Ariel

                      > http://sbc.yahoo.com
                    • tyflyygirl
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 31, 2005
                        I've recently read the new Katie McCallister book Fire Me Up. It was
                        hilarious as usual,but I think that my earlier assesment of Drake was
                        right. I don't think he is good for Aisling. He likes to play too many
                        games and then she looks crazy. I also read Black Rose by Nora
                        Roberts. It made a very good sequel. Tell me what you think.

                        End before time runs out
                        Start before time begins
                        All is revealed when life
                        seems truly open