new books

  • bj hunter
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 30, 2003
      Hi everyone! I went to a used bookstore and bought 2 books and I
      wondered if any of you have read them. They are by Kate Forsyth: "The
      Witches of Eileanan" and "The Pool of Two Moons". They were each
      only $1 so I thought I would try them until my copy of "The Invisible
      Ring" comes in. Thanks! BJ
    • niomithegirl
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 30, 2003
        Oh, I love those books! Kate Forsyth is one of my favorite authors
        along with Anne Bishop. The world in it is so deliciously real and
        there is history that goes back hundreds of years - it's hard to
        believe a lot of that wasn't set on Earth where history is already
        established. I hope you love the Witches of Eileanan series as much
        as I do. ^_^

        --Niomi
        --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "bj hunter" <bbhunter25@h...>
        wrote:
        > Hi everyone! I went to a used bookstore and bought 2 books and I
        > wondered if any of you have read them. They are by Kate
        Forsyth: "The
        > Witches of Eileanan" and "The Pool of Two Moons". They were each
        > only $1 so I thought I would try them until my copy of "The
        Invisible
        > Ring" comes in. Thanks! BJ
      • bj hunter
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 30, 2003
          Oh, good. It sounds like I picked ok then. Is there just 2 books in
          the series? That is all they had at the bookstore. How many books did
          she write? Thanks Niomi! BJ

          --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "niomithegirl" <niomi@i...>
          wrote:
          > Oh, I love those books! Kate Forsyth is one of my favorite authors
          > along with Anne Bishop. The world in it is so deliciously real and
          > there is history that goes back hundreds of years - it's hard to
          > believe a lot of that wasn't set on Earth where history is already
          > established. I hope you love the Witches of Eileanan series as much
          > as I do. ^_^
          >
          > --Niomi
          > --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "bj hunter" <bbhunter25@h...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hi everyone! I went to a used bookstore and bought 2 books and I
          > > wondered if any of you have read them. They are by Kate
          > Forsyth: "The
          > > Witches of Eileanan" and "The Pool of Two Moons". They were each
          > > only $1 so I thought I would try them until my copy of "The
          > Invisible
          > > Ring" comes in. Thanks! BJ
        • niomithegirl
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 30, 2003
            > Oh, good. It sounds like I picked ok then. Is there just 2 books in
            > the series? That is all they had at the bookstore. How many books
            > did she write?

            There are six books in the series - you can find out more about it at
            her website here: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~kforsyth. I've also
            got info about it at my (long-neglected) site: http://witches.ioet.com

            I hope you like them. :D

            --Niomi
          • Bernice .
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 30, 2003
              BJ wrote:
              <<< Oh, good. It sounds like I picked ok then. Is there just 2 books in
              the series? That is all they had at the bookstore. How many books did
              she write? Thanks Niomi! BJ >>>

              I believe there are about 6 books in the series now.

              Bernice

            • bj hunter
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 30, 2003
                6 books in that series? LOL I will have to get my husband to build on
                another room in our house for all of my books! BJ

                --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "Bernice ." <jaenelle_13@h...>
                wrote:
                > BJ wrote:
                > <<< Oh, good. It sounds like I picked ok then. Is there just 2
                books in
                > the series? That is all they had at the bookstore. How many books
                did
                > she write? Thanks Niomi! BJ >>>
                >
                > I believe there are about 6 books in the series now.
                >
                > Bernice

              • Miaka Yukki
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 30, 2003
                  lol i know EXACTLY how u feel, i have an office with wall to wall books
                  shelves that are full and my living room has four huge book shelves that are
                  full and i have a closet with some pretty full boxes too. I'm gonna need a
                  library when i finally buy a house! thats what u get when u and your husband
                  never stop reading in thier free time.

                  >From: "bj hunter" <bbhunter25@...>
                  >To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [ShadowRealms] Re: new books
                  >Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:52:53 -0000
                  >
                  >6 books in that series? LOL I will have to get my husband to build on
                  >another room in our house for all of my books! BJ
                  >
                  >--- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "Bernice ." <jaenelle_13@h...>
                  >wrote:
                  > > BJ wrote:
                  > > <<< Oh, good. It sounds like I picked ok then. Is there just 2
                  >books in
                  > > the series? That is all they had at the bookstore. How many books
                  >did
                  > > she write? Thanks Niomi! BJ >>>
                  > >
                  > > I believe there are about 6 books in the series now.
                  > >
                  > > Bernice

                  > > Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.

                • Ronda L Christoph
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 30, 2003
                    6 books in that series? LOL I will have to get my husband to build on
                    another room in our house for all of my books! BJ

                    And the problem with this is.........................?

                    Ronda

                  • trunks_luver Kat
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 30, 2003
                      I've recently read The Witches of Eileanan.... I wasn't very impressed. I
                      expected something similar to anne's books, just because its from the same
                      publishing company, but the writing wasn't nearly as well done. I got bored
                      about halfway through, there were too many story lines to keep track of in
                      my head.... and I hated one of the twins.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
                        Well, the main problem would probably be.. lets see... MONEY! The
                        kitchen is our next remodel. That is where I spend most of my time
                        anyway! BJ

                        --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "Ronda L Christoph"
                        <rondachristoph@e...> wrote:

                        > 6 books in that series? LOL I will have to get my husband to
                        build on
                        > another room in our house for all of my books! BJ
                        >

                        > And the problem with this is.........................?
                        >
                        > Ronda

                      • bj hunter
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
                          I really dont like the dragon parts. I am just not into them. I can
                          accept witches, vampires (luv those), shape shifters, fairies, etc,
                          but not dragons. That is stretching it a bit for me, but my 5 year
                          old son loves them! Oh those young imaginations! BJ

                          --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "trunks_luver Kat"
                          <trunks_luver@h...> wrote:
                          > I've recently read The Witches of Eileanan.... I wasn't very
                          impressed. I
                          > expected something similar to anne's books, just because its from
                          the same
                          > publishing company, but the writing wasn't nearly as well done. I
                          got bored
                          > about halfway through, there were too many story lines to keep
                          track of in
                          > my head.... and I hated one of the twins.
                          >

                          > From: "bj hunter" <bbhunter25@h...>
                          > To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com
                          > Subject: [ShadowRealms] new books
                          > Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:13:50 -0000
                          >
                          > Hi everyone! I went to a used bookstore and bought 2 books and I
                          > wondered if any of you have read them. They are by Kate
                          Forsyth: "The
                          > Witches of Eileanan" and "The Pool of Two Moons". They were each
                          > only $1 so I thought I would try them until my copy of "The
                          Invisible
                          > Ring" comes in. Thanks! BJ
                          >

                          > ShadowRealms, discussion of great fantasy!
                          >
                          > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        • Celest RavenWolf
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
                            young imaginations? i still believe in dragons.....

                            <trunks_luver@h...> wrote:
                            > I've recently read The Witches of Eileanan.... I wasn't very
                            impressed. I
                            > expected something similar to anne's books, just because its from
                            the same
                            > publishing company, but the writing wasn't nearly as well done. I
                            got bored
                            > about halfway through, there were too many story lines to keep
                            track of in
                            > my head.... and I hated one of the twins.
                            >

                            > From: "bj hunter" <bbhunter25@h...>
                            > To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com
                            > Subject: [ShadowRealms] new books
                            > Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:13:50 -0000
                            >
                            > Hi everyone! I went to a used bookstore and bought 2 books and I
                            > wondered if any of you have read them. They are by Kate
                            Forsyth: "The
                            > Witches of Eileanan" and "The Pool of Two Moons". They were each
                            > only $1 so I thought I would try them until my copy of "The
                            Invisible
                            > Ring" comes in. Thanks! BJ
                            >

                            > ShadowRealms, discussion of great fantasy!
                            >
                            > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                            "I'll be waiting here for you, so if you come here, you'll find me....
                            I promise."
                            ~*Squall Leonhart FFVIII

                            " Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto Beth daer: Rimmo nin Bruinen Dan in Ulaer!"

                          • tarnished_unicorn69
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
                              What about Lorn and Draca in BJT?

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
                                ......and people with wings,unicorns,and that the good side of people
                                is what will we see.

                                --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Celest RavenWolf

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
                                  Those are all fine... and the Lorn and Draca thing too... I just dont
                                  like the thought of dragons flying around and burning people up is
                                  all. Like I said, just cant get into it. Some people cant get into
                                  vampires, but they have been my favorite since I was a kid. BJ

                                  --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "tarnished_unicorn69"
                                  <tarnished_unicorn69@y...> wrote:
                                  > ......and people with wings,unicorns,and that the good side of
                                  people
                                  > is what will we see.
                                  >
                                  > --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Celest RavenWolf
                                  > <rinoa_of_rivendell@y...> wrote:
                                  > > young imaginations? i still believe in dragons.....
                                  > >

                                  > > bj hunter <bbhunter25@h...> wrote:
                                  > > I really dont like the dragon parts. I am just not into them. I
                                  can
                                  > > accept witches, vampires (luv those), shape shifters, fairies,
                                  etc,
                                  > > but not dragons. That is stretching it a bit for me, but my 5
                                  year
                                  > > old son loves them! Oh those young imaginations! BJ

                                • Ariel VanSaandt
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
                                    --- bj hunter <bbhunter25@...> wrote:
                                    > I just dont
                                    > like the thought of dragons flying around and
                                    > burning people up is
                                    > all.

                                    I'm guessing, but you probably didn't think much of
                                    Reign Of Fire then, huh? Me neither...post-apocalyptic
                                    anything has no appeal to me, but to screw up a
                                    perfectly good dragon fantasy by making it a
                                    post-apocalyptic dragon fantasy....bleah. I want those
                                    two hours of my life back.

                                    -Ariel

                                    http://sbc.yahoo.com
                                  • bj hunter
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 3, 2003
                                      Ariel, I dont know anything about Reign of Fire. I quit reading the
                                      Kate Forsyth books for now until I get all 6. I like to read a series
                                      all together, and if I dont like this series, I will just sell them
                                      back to the used bookstore where I got them. I get the authors books
                                      I know I will like from Borders or Barnes and Noble, but I get the
                                      ones I havent heard of from the used bookstore in case they are
                                      lousy. BJ
                                      --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Ariel VanSaandt
                                      <avansaandt@y...> wrote:

                                      > --- bj hunter <bbhunter25@h...> wrote:
                                      > > I just dont
                                      > > like the thought of dragons flying around and
                                      > > burning people up is
                                      > > all.
                                      >
                                      > I'm guessing, but you probably didn't think much of
                                      > Reign Of Fire then, huh? Me neither...post-apocalyptic
                                      > anything has no appeal to me, but to screw up a
                                      > perfectly good dragon fantasy by making it a
                                      > post-apocalyptic dragon fantasy....bleah. I want those
                                      > two hours of my life back.
                                      >
                                      > -Ariel

                                      > http://sbc.yahoo.com
                                    • tyflyygirl
                                      Message 18 of 18 , May 31, 2005
                                        I've recently read the new Katie McCallister book Fire Me Up. It was
                                        hilarious as usual,but I think that my earlier assesment of Drake was
                                        right. I don't think he is good for Aisling. He likes to play too many
                                        games and then she looks crazy. I also read Black Rose by Nora
                                        Roberts. It made a very good sequel. Tell me what you think.

                                        End before time runs out
                                        Start before time begins
                                        All is revealed when life
                                        seems truly open