Re: Daemon

  • bj hunter
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2003
      On the bar on the left of the messages.. click on files. BJ

      --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Celest Scarlet
      <celestscarlet24@y...> wrote:
      > where are those pics at?
      >

      > " Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto Beth daer: Rimmo nin Bruinen Dan in
      Ulaer!"

    • scarlet_lullaby13
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 22, 2006
        After looking at the pics on file, I've decided that Oded Fehr, is
        SIMILAR to what Daemon would/ could look like, but [I believe] that
        he's lacking the raw sexuality, and 'cold' demeanor Daemon possesses.

        But that's jsut my opinion of course. He's still a good piece of eye-
        candy.

        Kat.
      • Robyn Hay
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 23, 2006
          Since I have no idea how to link a picture to Shadowrealms, I will add this link:

          http://www.salishna.net/damon/interact.php?wallpaper
          Some pics. work for Daemon, some don't.

        • Soli
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 23, 2006
            I am SO glad I am not the only one who thinks Sadi and Salvatore are a lot
            alike. ;)

            Soli, longtime LJS fan._,___

            --
            one long, shining thread of coincidence
            quantumbutterfly@...

          • scarlet_lullaby13
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 23, 2006
              Hello eye-candy. Who is it?

              I think he'd make a great Daemon!

              Kat
            • Robyn Hay
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 23, 2006
                Daemon Sadi....Damon Salvatore....hmmmm...
                Both dark, brooding, both have pesky younger brothers, etc...

                I'm also glad not to be alone! Cheers!

                Robyn

                Soli <quantumbutterfly@...> wrote:
                I am SO glad I am not the only one who thinks Sadi and Salvatore are a lot
                alike. ;)

                Soli, longtime LJS fan._,___

                Recent Activity

                1
                New Members

                1
                New Files

                Visit Your Group

                Genre magazine
                Science fiction and fantasy
                Film genres

                Yahoo! Movies
                What's Hot Now
                Check out the top
                rated movies.

                Yahoo! News
                Get it all here
                Breaking news to
                entertainment news

                Yahoo! TV
                Want the scoop?
                Check out today's
                news and gossip.

                .

              • Robyn Hay
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 23, 2006
                  No clue. Just a guy who was a good fit for Damon Salvatore, hence a good Sadist. :) And for those who want strong female protagonists, I fully recommend L.J. Smith's books (esp., The Vampire Diaries) but keep in mind that all her work is geared for young adults.

                  Robyn

                  scarlet_lullaby13 <scarlet_lullaby13@...> wrote:
                  Hello eye-candy. Who is it?

                  Recent Activity

                  1
                  New Members

                  1
                  New Files

                  Visit Your Group

                  Genre magazine
                  Science fiction and fantasy
                  Film genres

                  Yahoo! News
                  Health News
                  Important health
                  news - get it now

                  Yahoo! Movies
                  Up for a movie?
                  Check out the
                  new releases.

                  Yahoo! TV
                  "The 9"
                  Daily count down
                  of top Web finds.

                  .

                • Soli
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 23, 2006
                    On 11/23/06, Robyn Hay <robynahay@...> wrote:

                    > No clue. Just a guy who was a good fit for Damon Salvatore, hence a good
                    > Sadist. :) And for those who want strong female protagonists, I fully
                    > recommend L.J. Smith's books (esp., The Vampire Diaries) but keep in mind
                    > that all her work is geared for young adults.

                    *Actually, according to a letter on nightworld.net, LJS originally intended
                    the series to NOT be YA and potentially more, shall we say, explicit.
                    There's also an email campaign going on to reprint the VD trilogy or see it
                    rewritten.

                    Soli
                    _,_._,___

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 23, 2006
                      <<<all her work is geared for young adults>>>

                      Ohh, I'll add it to my TBR:)

                      Being a Young adult and all.

                      <<<There's also an email campaign going on to reprint the VD trilogy
                      or see it rewritten.>>>

                      Why?
                    • momof2nastyboys@verizon.net
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 24, 2006
                          On 11/24/06, momof2nastyboys@... <momof2nastyboys@...>
                          wrote:

                          > I haven't read it, but why did it become YA then? Did she/he say? BJ

                          *This is from the letter on the night world site:
                          "I don't care. That's one thing I decided when I made the pact with the
                          Almighty. I decided that if Alloy doesn't want me to write the books the way
                          I want to write them, the way I'd planned to do them before they called and
                          asked me to do a YA trilogy, then I'll let them go ahead and republish the
                          old books as YA. They're planning to do that anyway, mostly because of you,
                          bless you, and other readers like you, who have made it clear that there is
                          still a market for my stuff, that my early writing is not forgotten. And
                          then, I told God, I'll write the books the way I like. My only interest in
                          writing, at this point, is to express myself and to do something for the
                          fans who've been so patient while I've treated them so badly."

                          For those who are fans but not seen, if you go over to nightworld.net you
                          can send an email if you're in support of the series being redone as non-YA.

                          I'm still happily clinging to all my copies, still have the ones I purchase
                          in '91-'92 though they are "well loved." And I am STILL hoping to see
                          Strange Fate come out.

                          Soli