Re: [ShadowRealms] Daemon

  • Celest Scarlet
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 30, 2003
      where are those pics at?

      " Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto Beth daer: Rimmo nin Bruinen Dan in Ulaer!"

    • bj hunter
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2003
        On the bar on the left of the messages.. click on files. BJ

        --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Celest Scarlet
        <celestscarlet24@y...> wrote:
        > where are those pics at?
        >

        > " Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto Beth daer: Rimmo nin Bruinen Dan in
        Ulaer!"

      • scarlet_lullaby13
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 22 8:42 PM
          After looking at the pics on file, I've decided that Oded Fehr, is
          SIMILAR to what Daemon would/ could look like, but [I believe] that
          he's lacking the raw sexuality, and 'cold' demeanor Daemon possesses.

          But that's jsut my opinion of course. He's still a good piece of eye-
          candy.

          Kat.
        • Robyn Hay
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 23 8:41 AM
            Since I have no idea how to link a picture to Shadowrealms, I will add this link:

            http://www.salishna.net/damon/interact.php?wallpaper
            Some pics. work for Daemon, some don't.

          • Soli
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 23 8:54 AM
              I am SO glad I am not the only one who thinks Sadi and Salvatore are a lot
              alike. ;)

              Soli, longtime LJS fan._,___

              --
              one long, shining thread of coincidence
              quantumbutterfly@...

            • scarlet_lullaby13
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 23 1:36 PM
                Hello eye-candy. Who is it?

                I think he'd make a great Daemon!

                Kat
              • Robyn Hay
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 23 2:19 PM
                  Daemon Sadi....Damon Salvatore....hmmmm...
                  Both dark, brooding, both have pesky younger brothers, etc...

                  I'm also glad not to be alone! Cheers!

                  Robyn

                  Soli <quantumbutterfly@...> wrote:
                  I am SO glad I am not the only one who thinks Sadi and Salvatore are a lot
                  alike. ;)

                  Soli, longtime LJS fan._,___

                  Recent Activity

                  1
                  New Members

                  1
                  New Files

                  Visit Your Group

                  Genre magazine
                  Science fiction and fantasy
                  Film genres

                  Yahoo! Movies
                  What's Hot Now
                  Check out the top
                  rated movies.

                  Yahoo! News
                  Get it all here
                  Breaking news to
                  entertainment news

                  Yahoo! TV
                  Want the scoop?
                  Check out today's
                  news and gossip.

                  .

                • Robyn Hay
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 23 2:26 PM
                    No clue. Just a guy who was a good fit for Damon Salvatore, hence a good Sadist. :) And for those who want strong female protagonists, I fully recommend L.J. Smith's books (esp., The Vampire Diaries) but keep in mind that all her work is geared for young adults.

                    Robyn

                    scarlet_lullaby13 <scarlet_lullaby13@...> wrote:
                    Hello eye-candy. Who is it?

                    Recent Activity

                    1
                    New Members

                    1
                    New Files

                    Visit Your Group

                    Genre magazine
                    Science fiction and fantasy
                    Film genres

                    Yahoo! News
                    Health News
                    Important health
                    news - get it now

                    Yahoo! Movies
                    Up for a movie?
                    Check out the
                    new releases.

                    Yahoo! TV
                    "The 9"
                    Daily count down
                    of top Web finds.

                    .

                  • Soli
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 23 4:19 PM
                      On 11/23/06, Robyn Hay <robynahay@...> wrote:

                      > No clue. Just a guy who was a good fit for Damon Salvatore, hence a good
                      > Sadist. :) And for those who want strong female protagonists, I fully
                      > recommend L.J. Smith's books (esp., The Vampire Diaries) but keep in mind
                      > that all her work is geared for young adults.

                      *Actually, according to a letter on nightworld.net, LJS originally intended
                      the series to NOT be YA and potentially more, shall we say, explicit.
                      There's also an email campaign going on to reprint the VD trilogy or see it
                      rewritten.

                      Soli
                      _,_._,___

                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 23 5:15 PM
                        <<<all her work is geared for young adults>>>

                        Ohh, I'll add it to my TBR:)

                        Being a Young adult and all.

                        <<<There's also an email campaign going on to reprint the VD trilogy
                        or see it rewritten.>>>

                        Why?
                      • momof2nastyboys@verizon.net
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 24 9:18 AM
                            On 11/24/06, momof2nastyboys@... <momof2nastyboys@...>
                            wrote:

                            > I haven't read it, but why did it become YA then? Did she/he say? BJ

                            *This is from the letter on the night world site:
                            "I don't care. That's one thing I decided when I made the pact with the
                            Almighty. I decided that if Alloy doesn't want me to write the books the way
                            I want to write them, the way I'd planned to do them before they called and
                            asked me to do a YA trilogy, then I'll let them go ahead and republish the
                            old books as YA. They're planning to do that anyway, mostly because of you,
                            bless you, and other readers like you, who have made it clear that there is
                            still a market for my stuff, that my early writing is not forgotten. And
                            then, I told God, I'll write the books the way I like. My only interest in
                            writing, at this point, is to express myself and to do something for the
                            fans who've been so patient while I've treated them so badly."

                            For those who are fans but not seen, if you go over to nightworld.net you
                            can send an email if you're in support of the series being redone as non-YA.

                            I'm still happily clinging to all my copies, still have the ones I purchase
                            in '91-'92 though they are "well loved." And I am STILL hoping to see
                            Strange Fate come out.

                            Soli