Re: Witch

  • celestscarlet24 <celestscarlet24@yahoo.c
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 2, 2003
      wow... i always thought a movier should be made the BJT. However I
      htink it should be done as an Anime movie. I think real life actors
      and directors would screw it up. I think it would be cool if nothing
      was left out and it was done in series type way, so it would be long
      but in a super long series.
    • emma
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 3, 2003
        mmmm... animation of bjt, (sorry actual animator)
        it would make a nice series but it would have to be something speical to live up to the story, i don't think it would want to be done in the anime style something slightly more sumpsious, colouring and shadow would play an important part to get the dark feel, they'd have to be done delicately not disney colours, i'd want to get rid of the black lines too.
        and i would want to get what anne wanted
        either that or with majour amounts of black in it everywhere and really harsh shadows

        ok went off on one mmmm i'm gona go away and think

        emma

      • celestscarlet24 <celestscarlet24@yahoo.c
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 3, 2003
          hmm well i have seen some awsome work come from japan that wasn't
          all cute and happy (example Sailor moon) Vampire Hunter D was great.
          It was dark and gothic. I think the people who did that would be
          excellent to do BJT. can you post pics in here? if so i'll show you
          some vampire hunter d animation pics.
        • suddendeath56 <slinker56@hotmail.com>
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 3, 2003
            Have you ever seen "hellsing" that's one of the best anime's of all
            time =). GONZO is a company in Japan that produces anime's, and they
            have produced very good animes, including vandread.

            "You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish
            don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please
            delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you
            cooperation."

            --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "celestscarlet24
            <celestscarlet24@y...>" <celestscarlet24@y...> wrote:
            > hmm well i have seen some awsome work come from japan that wasn't
            > all cute and happy (example Sailor moon) Vampire Hunter D was
            great.
            > It was dark and gothic. I think the people who did that would be
            > excellent to do BJT. can you post pics in here? if so i'll show you
            > some vampire hunter d animation pics.
          • Sabrina Akins-Becker
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 3, 2003
              Your right - Anime would probably be the safest bet, especially considering
              the frequent use of the Threads (spear/distaff & colored) and Winds. For the
              color-sent Threads, just a background change. Dunno about the
              gender-threads... and for the Winds, something cool could surely be done.
              Nice to see another (female?) Anime buff :)

              Sabrina
              wow... i always thought a movier should be made the BJT. However I
              htink it should be done as an Anime movie. I think real life actors
              and directors would screw it up. I think it would be cool if nothing
              was left out and it was done in series type way, so it would be long
              but in a super long series.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • William West
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 4, 2003
                Rather than Anime, I think it would be better as either traditional animation or, even better, computer animation. Really talented artists (with Anne guiding them) could generate the images to be used by the computer graphics whizzes. Then we could get a Daemon that was more life-like *shiver* Oh, the others too *grin*

                Angela
              • Sorina Star

                  wow... i always thought a movier should be made the BJT. However I
                  htink it should be done as an Anime movie. I think real life actors
                  and directors would screw it up. I think it would be cool if nothing
                  was left out and it was done in series type way, so it would be long
                  but in a super long series.

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                  var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245327.2974023.4304644.1612068/D=egroupweb/S=1705020227:HM/A=1430287/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://www.poetry.com/contest/contest.asp?Suite=A33405";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/intl_library_of_poetry/yahoo_300x250.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245327.2974023.4304644.1612068/D=egroupweb/S=1705020227:HM/A=1430287/R=1/id=altimgurl/*http://www.poetry.com/contest/contest.asp?Suite=A33405";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/intl_library_of_poetry/yahoo_300x250.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

                • Sorina Star
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 4, 2003
                    That might work, but I think it should be anime. But your idea is still really cool. What about a video game for the series? That would be so cool....and weird....
                    William West <yournitemare@...> wrote:Rather than Anime, I think it would be better as either traditional animation or, even better, computer animation. Really talented artists (with Anne guiding them) could generate the images to be used by the computer graphics whizzes. Then we could get a Daemon that was more life-like *shiver* Oh, the others too *grin*

                    Angela

                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                    var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245327.2974023.4304644.1612068/D=egroupweb/S=1705020227:HM/A=1430287/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://www.poetry.com/contest/contest.asp?Suite=A33405";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/intl_library_of_poetry/yahoo_300x250.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245327.2974023.4304644.1612068/D=egroupweb/S=1705020227:HM/A=1430287/R=1/id=altimgurl/*http://www.poetry.com/contest/contest.asp?Suite=A33405";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/intl_library_of_poetry/yahoo_300x250.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

                  • Celest Scarlet
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 4, 2003
                      Yeah I'm female. My b/f thinks the idea would be great too! I think if Anime artists got ahold of it it would turn out GREAT!! Especially the people who did Vampire hunter D.

                      " Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto Beth daer: Rimmo nin Bruinen Dan in Ulaer!"

                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 4, 2003
                        celestscarlet24@... writes:

                        > Yeah I'm female. My b/f thinks the idea would be great too! I think if Anime
                        > artists got ahold of it it would turn out GREAT!! Especially the people
                        > who did Vampire hunter D.
                        >

                        > MadHouse which animates most of CLAMP's things (X (tv) a very dark anime
                        > with wonderful graphics, using both traditional anime and computers is one
                        > of their newest) would be a good choice if done.

                        But as much as I do like anime, I think that I would like the characters
                        pictures in my mind the most and wouldn't want them to be spoiled.

                        Alyssa

                        ' "That's rather degrading, do I really look like I would go and sleep in
                        some worm eaten wooden box?" ' - Chase Frost on sleeping in coffins.

                        'Hello, my name is Lucifer, the light bringer. I have no last name. I am one
                        of God's angels, or, at least I use to be. Before He tore off my wings and
                        cast me down to this abyss of fire. This is my story.'

                        '"I personally find it quite humorous that religious leaders think that the
                        cross wards off evil vampires. What do they think happened? As soon as their
                        religion started there was spontaneous generation and vampires suddenly came
                        into existence? I think not." ' -Chase Frost on crosses.

                      • celestscarlet24
                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 4, 2003
                          You know... i even have a few ideas that could be good for voices
                          too.... well the guy who does the voice for Kira in Angel Sanctuary
                          would be good for Lucivar, and hmm well the guy who did the voice of
                          D in Vampire Hunter D would be good for someone..... not sure who
                          though... that's just my view.... hmm. I've been thinking of this
                          idea for a whle but I always though other BJT fans wouldn't agree.
                          Especially Anne herself.

                          off subject here just for a sec.... if i posted a link or something
                          (in one way or another) to a story i was writng would anyone be
                          willing to read and comment????? I hope to get it published when
                          it's finished so opinins and things would be GREATLY apprectiated!!!!

                          ~*Celest*~
                        • Wyrmslyph
                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 4, 2003
                            Both could be fun! An interactive RPG created in the Might & Magic style
                            would be interesting. Anyway, for now I am very content with the books and
                            am anxiously awaiting more!

                            -Becka
                          • Anual Perenial
                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 5, 2003
                              Some really amazing anime that hasn't been mentioned is the (very grim) Jin-Roh Wolf Brigade, and Ghost in the Shell. Both take place in a modern setting which might not be suitable for the series, but since there were so many city scenes maybe it would work. Another very well done anime was Princess Mononoke, and yet another which was not "anime" but was animation was something done quite a while ago called fire & ice. That one might still be my favorite, granted it's been quite a while since I've seen it it was well worth watching just for the art.

                              The team that did the last of the *original* Heavy Metal sketches (Tarna) did a very nice job as well. I wasn't so thrilled with the second installment in Heavy Metal.

                              Sory I've been quite again, been on vacation borrowing other people's computers... still there but had to pipe up...
                              http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
                            • celestscarlet24
                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 5, 2003
                                Yes princess mononoke was GREAT! you know i would be a very VERY
                                happy person if bjt was realesed as an anime. The reason I am so
                                stuck on it being an anime is because i dont was to see it ruined by
                                anyone. not as much would have to be left out if it was turned it to
                                a big movie series...
                              • Sabrina Akins-Becker
                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 7, 2003
                                  I think NJT has it's best chance as some sort of Animation because of the
                                  various Magical aspects - it's just too FX-heavy I think, for a studio to
                                  want to take a chance with. I vote for Anime, mostly because I like the way
                                  the artists seem to get expressions out of the characters a bit easier than
                                  "traditional" animation. HOWEVER, I don't think super big-eyed, a la
                                  "Pokemon" or "Yu-Gi-Oh", etc, would be good either - Vamp H D, or Robotech,
                                  etc, would be a better deal - some characters would have "Classic" anime
                                  looks, while others were more "real". For example, a young Janelle would be
                                  rather Anime-ish; however, the older Janelle would NOT have the big
                                  moon-eyes.

                                  I hope this is clear to those that watch imported stuff - it's 2am LOL

                                  Sabrina

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jan 18, 2004
                                    Okay, I have another question. I really don't know why I always have
                                    so many questions, I really don't, especially about books, I guess I
                                    like to hear other people's opinions. Anyway, I hope this is my last
                                    question for a while :): I know that Jaenelle is from Challoit, and
                                    is of one of the short lived races, but will the fact that she's
                                    Witch give her a longer life? Close to the length of someone from the
                                    long lived races, but not quite as long? I'm asking because I'd hate
                                    to think that Daemon would have to watch get old and die while he's
                                    still "young." I mean, he waited for her his whole life, and already
                                    lost her like a million times. I can't help but think that if she
                                    dies while he still has about 3,000 years to live, it would really
                                    suck. Although, it could possibly be an interesting and tragic
                                    story. I want to add that I am in no way trying to write Anne's
                                    story for her, or make up a story which I could put my name on is
                                    some fanfiction section. I know that Anne doesn't want that, and I'd
                                    feel terribly guilty and evil, I'd feel like I stole something. I'm
                                    just an overly curious, overly analytical human being, who is
                                    addicted to all the novel length and facinating Bishop creations.
                                    Thank you...Neena [Ugh! I think this is the longest note I have ever
                                    written :)]
                                  • Valerie W.
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jan 18, 2004
                                      That's kind of like the Arwen/Aragorn situation. With one having the
                                      possibility of growing old and dying while the other one is still just
                                      in her prime.

                                      Hopefully Anne wont write about that... that way these characters can
                                      go on living happily forever. I sure hope that the story she's writing
                                      about the two of them is a happy one. Oooooh!! I can't wait to read
                                      it!!

                                      -wiggling around all agitated cause I got myself worked up again and
                                      excited for the next stories-

                                      -Val

                                      I'm asking because I'd hate

                                      > to think that Daemon would have to watch get old and die while he's
                                      > still "young." I mean, he waited for her his whole life, and already
                                      >
                                      > lost her like a million times.

                                    • Bernice .
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jan 19, 2004
                                        Neena wrote:
                                        <<< I know that Jaenelle is from Challoit, and
                                        is of one of the short lived races, but will the fact that she's
                                        Witch give her a longer life? >>>

                                        I believe that's another discussion that came up when Queen first came out
                                        :) Anne does have a Blood FAQ on her webpage with some answers
                                        http://www.annebishop.com/bfaq.htm

                                        Some of these questions were answered by Anne, but some answers like the
                                        specuation about Twilight's Dawn were conclusions that people on the list
                                        agreed with at the time. Am I remebering this correctly? Kandra or Anne,
                                        can you confirm this?

                                        In regards to your question, Jaenelle's average lifespan is the same as
                                        anyone else from Chaillot, 100-125 years. Yes, it would be really tragic
                                        for Daemon! But one other thing you might want to consider is that the rest
                                        of the coven and boyos also have about the same lifespan. I don't think
                                        Kaeleer would be the same without them either!

                                        I guess we'll just have to wait for those new stories!

                                        Bernice

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jan 20, 2004
                                          In a message dated 04-01-20 00:50:12 EST, Bernice wrote:

                                          << some answers like the
                                          specuation about Twilight's Dawn were conclusions that people on the list
                                          agreed with at the time. Am I remebering this correctly? >>

                                          The answer was my conclusions based on what I knew after finishing Queen of
                                          the Darkness--conclusions which are not necessarily accurate at this point. :)

                                          Anne
                                        • Melissa Gaul
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Jan 20, 2004
                                            Ooohhh.. Anne! Don't tease like that. It's already hard enough to wait until
                                            the new stories come out...

                                            -melissa

                                            on 1/20/04 4:21 PM, Kaeleer@... at Kaeleer@... wrote:

                                            > In a message dated 04-01-20 00:50:12 EST, Bernice wrote:
                                            >
                                            > << some answers like the
                                            > specuation about Twilight's Dawn were conclusions that people on the list
                                            > agreed with at the time. Am I remebering this correctly? >>
                                            >
                                            > The answer was my conclusions based on what I knew after finishing Queen of
                                            > the Darkness--conclusions which are not necessarily accurate at this point. :)
                                            >
                                            > Anne
                                            >
                                            > ShadowRealms, discussion of great fantasy!
                                            >

                                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                          • Miaka Yukki
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Jan 20, 2004