Re: A recomendation :)

  • kathleen_luu
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31 8:16 PM
      Has anyone read Jane Lindskold's books? Are they good? I saw it at
      the bookstore but I don't know if I should read it or not.
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
        > Has anyone read Jane Lindskold's books? Are they good? I saw it at
        > the bookstore but I don't know if I should read it or not.

        I just ordered Through a Wolf's Eyes. Reviews are excellent,
        the story sounds good and besides...she lives in my local
        area..laugh!

        K.
      • Renee Rivas
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
          Hello,

          --- kathleen_luu <kathleen_luu@...> wrote:
          > Has anyone read Jane Lindskold's books? Are they
          > good? I saw it at
          > the bookstore but I don't know if I should read it
          > or not.

          I've only read from her Athanor series. They're okay,
          really heavy in the mythology though, and not just
          Greek; there's Norse, Yoruban, Arthurian, Chinese,
          Celtic, Egyptian... just about everything. If you
          follow a lot of that stuff and have a large interest
          in mythology, they're fun.

          Really novel ideas too (Elvis was once Orpheus for
          example). My advice: try one and see if you like them,
          if not (b/c keeping up with all the names can get to
          be a bit much), well... it was only one book.

          Hope that helps,
          *Renee*

          http://finance.yahoo.com
        • kathleen_luu
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2002
            > I've only read from her Athanor series. They're okay,
            > really heavy in the mythology though, and not just
            > Greek; there's Norse, Yoruban, Arthurian, Chinese,
            > Celtic, Egyptian... just about everything. If you
            > follow a lot of that stuff and have a large interest
            > in mythology, they're fun.
            >
            > Really novel ideas too (Elvis was once Orpheus for
            > example). My advice: try one and see if you like them,
            > if not (b/c keeping up with all the names can get to
            > be a bit much), well... it was only one book.
            >

            > Hope that helps,
            > *Renee*

            Thanks. I think I might try one of her books.
          • Renee Rivas
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2002
              --- kathleen_luu <kathleen_luu@...> wrote:

              > Thanks. I think I might try one of her books.

              No problem.

              Bye,
              *Renee*

              http://finance.yahoo.com