amazon.fr

  • Judith Pargamin
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 2, 2002
      Hello everybody,

      news from France : Shadows and Light already appears on amazon.fr, they say
      it's gonna be released in october, and I can pre-order it, and I did !!

      whaou, just a few more month to wait, I really can't find anything
      satisfying me in fantasy (L. K. Hamilton, I don't like, now I'm trying
      Guilty Pleasure, but I don't think it's as good as anne's books)... I've
      order Juliet Mc Kenna 's "The Thief's Gamble"... Hope it's good...

      Judith

      To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit,
      call it the target.
    • talpianna@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2002
        In a message dated 7/2/2002 1:19:15 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
        Judith.Pargamin@...-nantes.fr writes:

        > I really can't find anything
        > satisfying me in fantasy (L. K. Hamilton, I don't like, now I'm trying
        > Guilty Pleasure, but I don't think it's as good as anne's books)... I've
        > order Juliet Mc Kenna 's "The Thief's Gamble"... Hope it's good...
        >
        > Judith

        Er, this is where I usually recommend the Black Jewels Trilogy. :D

        If you can find a copy of WHEN DEMONS WALK by Patricia Briggs, which is
        OOP, I think you will like it. I don't like LKH either, but I do like Susan
        Sizemore's Laws of the Blood series; Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire
        series; and Tanya Huff's Vicky Nelson series, as well as her SUMMON THE
        KEEPER (more humorous).

        Teresa Edgerton is also excellent.

        tal

      • vache_rose
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2002
          > Er, this is where I usually recommend the Black Jewels Trilogy.
          :D

          that may explain why I've been re-reading it a few weeks ago ... and
          the invisible ring to...

          > If you can find a copy of WHEN DEMONS WALK by Patricia Briggs,
          which is
          > OOP, I think you will like it.

          well from the summary I read on amazon.uk, seems wonderful, but
          unfortunately it's unavailable from amazon.fr

          > Susan Sizemore's Laws of the Blood series; Charlaine Harris's
          Southern
          Vampire
          > series; and Tanya Huff's Vicky Nelson series, as well as her SUMMON
          THE
          > KEEPER (more humorous).
          >
          > Teresa Edgerton is also excellent.

          I'll try the other things you recommend...
          Thanks

          Judith
        • talpianna@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 2, 2002
            In a message dated 7/2/2002 9:17:53 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
            Judith.Pargamin@...-nantes.fr writes:

            > > If you can find a copy of WHEN DEMONS WALK by Patricia Briggs,
            > which is
            > > OOP, I think you will like it.
            >
            > well from the summary I read on amazon.uk, seems wonderful, but
            > unfortunately it's unavailable from amazon.fr

            It's not only OOP, it's achieved rare-books price; I meant that you
            should try to borrow it from a library or a friend if at all possible. I
            have her most recent book, THE HOB'S BARGAIN, on my TBR tectonic plate; but
            my friends who have read it say it's not as good as her earlier books.

            I would also recommend David Edding's first series, The Belgariad; most
            people find his later books retreads.

            For crackling good adventure and romance without fantasy, I recommend
            Dorothy Dunnett's Chronicles of Francis Crawford of Lymond.

            tal

          • Elissa Holtmeier
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 3, 2002
              Hi all, I usually don't talk much at all n the list
              but I've finally been to the book store and have been
              discovering new authors. On series that I've read so
              far and have liked quite a bit is the series call ed
              the Banned and the Banished by Samuel Clemens. the
              first three books are Wit'ch Fire, Wit'ch Storm, and
              Wit'ch War. These bok are a little hard to get into
              for the first few chapters, and for some it might even
              be almost halfway through the firt book but I
              personally thought that after reading them it was
              worth every effort and I can't ait for the fourth one
              to come out.
              Another great Author is Holly Lisle. Her secrets
              texts trilogy is fantastic! Well I thought so anyway.
              those three books are Diplomacy of Wolves, Vengence
              of Dragons and Courage of Falcons.
              For tose of you who have tried Laurell K Hamilton's
              Anita Blake series and didn't like it because it
              doesn't have as much of the fantasy aspect try a book
              by her called Nightseer. I'm not sure if it's still
              in print but it is definitely worth reading!
              Okay that's more then I've said on any list I'm on in
              the past year so I think I'm gonna go back to my hole.
              but I highly reccoment these books they are all
              fantastic! and I can't wait til October for Shadows
              and Light to come out!!!!!!

              ~LISS

              http://sbc.yahoo.com
            • Ashredfern1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 3, 2002
                peridott8@... writes:

                > For tose of you who have tried Laurell K Hamilton's
                > Anita Blake series and didn't like it because it
                > doesn't have as much of the fantasy aspect try a book
                > by her called Nightseer. I'm not sure if it's still
                > in print but it is definitely worth reading!

                You can still find it in book stores such as Barnes and Noble. This book is a
                lot different from all of LKH's other books.
                Alyssa
                ' "That's rather degrading, do I really look like I would go and sleep in
                some worm eaten wooden box?" ' - Chase Frost on sleeping in coffins.

                'Hello, my name is Lucifer, the light bringer. I have no last name. I am one
                of God's angels, or, at least I use to be. Before He tore off my wings and
                cast me down to this abyss of fire. This is my story.'

                '"I personally find it quite humorous that religious leaders think that the
                cross wards off evil vampires. What do they think happened? As soon as their
                religion started there was spontaneous generation and vampires suddenly came
                into existence? I think not." ' -Chase Frost on crosses.

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 3, 2002
                  In a message dated 02-07-02 04:19:21 EDT, Judith wrote:

                  << news from France : Shadows and Light already appears on amazon.fr, they
                  say
                  it's gonna be released in october, and I can pre-order it, and I did !!

                  That's good news. After reading this post, I checked Amazon.com and
                  Amazon.uk. They've also got Shadows up as a pre-order. :)

                  Anne
                • William West
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 3, 2002
                    On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 07:16:03 -0700 (PDT) Elissa Holtmeier <peridott8@...>
                    wrote:

                    Hi all, I usually don't talk much at all n the list
                    but I've finally been to the book store and have been
                    discovering new authors. On series that I've read so
                    far and have liked quite a bit is the series call ed
                    the Banned and the Banished by Samuel Clemens. the
                    first three books are Wit'ch Fire, Wit'ch Storm, and
                    Wit'ch War. These bok are a little hard to get into
                    for the first few chapters, and for some it might even
                    be almost halfway through the firt book but I
                    personally thought that after reading them it was
                    worth every effort and I can't ait for the fourth one
                    to come out.

                    ~LISS

                    It's out and it's called Wit'ch gate. It's as good as the others.

                    Angela
                  • Valerie W.
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 3, 2002
                      I'm confused. When I first got here, a few weeks ago, I heard that Invisible Ring wasn't in print. But I keep hearing about people reading it. I want to read it, is it out?
                      -Val
                      Kaeleer@... wrote: In a message dated 02-07-02 04:19:21 EDT, Judith wrote:

                      << news from France : Shadows and Light already appears on amazon.fr, they
                      say
                      it's gonna be released in october, and I can pre-order it, and I did !!

                      That's good news. After reading this post, I checked Amazon.com and
                      Amazon.uk. They've also got Shadows up as a pre-order. :)

                      Anne

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 4, 2002
                        <<the Banned and the Banished by Samuel Clemens. the
                        first three books are Wit'ch Fire, Wit'ch Storm, and
                        Wit'ch War. >>

                        Just thought I'd mention that the author name is James
                        Clemens, not Samuel :)

                        Kandra
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 4, 2002
                          In a message dated 02-07-04 00:35:26 EDT, Val wrote:

                          << I'm confused. When I first got here, a few weeks ago, I heard that
                          Invisible Ring wasn't in print. But I keep hearing about people reading it. I
                          want to read it, is it out? >>
                          Yes, The Invisible Ring, which is one of the books about the Blood, is out
                          and available at most bookstores. If it's not on the shelf, they can order a
                          copy for you. Shadows and Light, the second book in the Tir Alainn trilogy,
                          which has been mentioned here quite a bit lately, *isn't* out yet, but will
                          be on October 1.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 4, 2002
                            In a message dated 02-07-04 04:27:26 EDT, tal wrote:

                            << And never the Twain shall meet........:D >>

                            ::groan:: <g>

                            Anne
                          • Valerie W.
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 4, 2002
                              Kaeleer@... wrote:
                              In a message dated 02-07-04 00:35:26 EDT, Val wrote:

                              << I'm confused. When I first got here, a few weeks ago, I heard that
                              Invisible Ring wasn't in print. But I keep hearing about people reading it. I
                              want to read it, is it out? >>
                              Yes, The Invisible Ring, which is one of the books about the Blood, is out
                              and available at most bookstores. If it's not on the shelf, they can order a
                              copy for you. Shadows and Light, the second book in the Tir Alainn trilogy,
                              which has been mentioned here quite a bit lately, *isn't* out yet, but will
                              be on October 1.

                              Anne

                              Thank you :)

                              Val