Re: [ShadowRealms] Twenty(well, not that many) questions

  • William West
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1, 2002
      > he "went cold"/became
      > impotent (can't say I blame him, poor guy). During
      > the time in between,
      > didn't anybody seduce him/dose him with aphrodisiacs
      > or something? Every
      > pubescent boy I know gets a woody when the wind
      > blows. In such a decadent,
      > corrupt coven, *some*body must have tried to take
      > advantage of that, ne?

      Hate can be a wonderful impudent drug. Ther is also a
      difference between foreplay and sex.

      Kris

      I agree. I think the hate kept him from obtaining an erection regardless of how many aphrodisiacs he was given. That coupled with a strong will power and a repulsion to the women around him kept him from reacting to anything physical.

      Angela
    • William West
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 1, 2002
        Which makes me wonder... what was up with Lucivar? He *could* get it up.
        Yet he never managed to make anybody pregnant, as far as I can tell, until
        Marian. What was that, psychological sterility? I wonder if all Blood
        males can do that, or just Eyriens?

        Nora

        I think they all should be able to. Since all Blood women can spontaneously abort an unwanted fetus, it stands to reason a male could prevent pregnancy if he were strong-willed enough.

        Angela
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 1, 2002
          In a message dated 02-05-31 00:53:15 EDT, Nora wrote:

          I'm filling in anything that wasn't already answered. :)

          << -For that matter---this one's for Anne---is there any chance of us seeing a
          side-story about Saetan and Sylvia? >>

          Oh, there's a chance. <g>

          <<-Why do the 'boyos' wear the Ring of Honor as a cock ring? Especially
          those who've worn the Ring of Obedience? Given the trauma they'd naturally
          associate with wearing *anything* in that region, wouldn't it be safer (at
          least for their peace of mind) to wear, I dunno, an Armband of Honor or
          something? ^^;; Or if trust is a factor--- maybe a Nipple-Ring of Honor,
          or a Choker of Honor? =P Or is it that the ring is supposed to be a
          secret?>>

          Kris replied:

          <<Being the fact that they are willingly giving service
          to the Queen of their choice along with the fact that
          a male's genetals is the most sensitive spot, they
          would respond much better to the Queen's distress.>>

          [First, Lucivar was the only one who had worn a Ring of Obedience. The boyos
          are all from Kaeleer, so they have no reason to think of a cock ring as
          something to fear. Second, the Ring of Honor is a status symbol of sorts,
          something that is only given to males in the First Circle. Third, it's a cock
          ring because wearing one there that someone else controls requires a great
          deal more trust than wearing a ring on your finger.]

          << -Who/what designates the various ranks, among males? i.e., if two men have
          Red Jewels, and one's a Prince and the other's a Warlord Prince, then the
          "Blood Hierarchy/Castes" information in the book suggests it's only the
          aggression of the Warlord Prince that makes him the higher rank. So
          how/where/when are Warlord Princes identified? When they get into their
          first schoolyard scrap in the Realms equivalent of grade school? Does
          "Warlord Prince" apply to *any* darker-jeweled male who isn't
          compliant/subservient?>>

          [Like Queens, Princes and Warlord Princes are born that way. Princes are
          usually a bit more aggressive and authoritative than Warlords, but they're
          still in the mainstream of their society. Warlord Princes, however, are, by
          nature, aggressive predators with high-charge sexuality. Some of those
          differences show up in The Invisible Ring between Jared, who's a Red-Jeweled
          Warlord, and Blaed, who's an Opal-Jeweled Warlord Prince.]

          -Why do Terreillean (sp?) women, in book 1, keep contracting Daemon from
          Dorothea? Given that he kills any woman who pisses him off, and has been
          doing so for the last, oh, seventeen hundred years... and given that he's
          impotent and known for, well, cunt-teasing (sorry to be vulgar) you'd think
          he wouldn't be in such high demand. I mean, I've seen guys who I'd have put
          a Ring of Obedience on in a heartbeat, but... lust only clouds my judgment
          up to a point. ^^;; Or is it that women of the Blood have the same
          not-quite-human biological compulsion toward powerful Blood men, the way the
          men seem to be driven toward the women, too?

          Keeley replied:

          <<Okay, going out on a limb here; I think it's because
          these women honestly can't concieve of a male that
          would be anything other than submissive. They hear the
          stories, but deep down inside they really don't
          believe them>>

          [Or because each one wants to believe that *she's* the one to whom he'll
          choose to yield.]

          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 1, 2002

            <<
            Which makes me wonder... what was up with Lucivar? He *could* get it up.
            Yet he never managed to make anybody pregnant, as far as I can tell, until
            Marian. What was that, psychological sterility? I wonder if all Blood
            males can do that, or just Eyriens?

            Nora>>

            Psychological sterility is a good term for it.

            << I think they all should be able to. Since all Blood women can
            spontaneously abort an unwanted fetus, it stands to reason a male could
            prevent pregnancy if he were strong-willed enough.

            Angela>>

            Actually, I think this was something peculiar to Lucivar, a combination of
            will, fury, and enough power to do it. I also don't think he did it
            knowingly; he was just relieved there was nothing anyone could do to get a
            child out of him. If that suppression was something unusual but known about
            strong-willed Blood males, Dorothea and Hekatah wouldn't have wondered why
            they couldn't breed him. Usually, the men drink a contraceptive brew to avoid
            being fertile (so do the women).

            Anne
          • Alex Berkowitz
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 1, 2002
              >From: William West<yournitemare@...>
              >To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [ShadowRealms] Twenty(well, not that many) questions
              >Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 10:25:22 -0700
              >
              > > he "went cold"/became
              > > impotent (can't say I blame him, poor guy). During
              > > the time in between,
              > > didn't anybody seduce him/dose him with aphrodisiacs
              > > or something? Every
              > > pubescent boy I know gets a woody when the wind
              > > blows. In such a decadent,
              > > corrupt coven, *some*body must have tried to take
              > > advantage of that, ne?
              >
              >Hate can be a wonderful impudent drug. Ther is also a
              >difference between foreplay and sex.
              >
              >Kris
              >
              >I agree. I think the hate kept him from obtaining an erection regardless
              >of how many aphrodisiacs he was given. That coupled with a strong will
              >power and a repulsion to the women around him kept him from reacting to
              >anything physical.
              >
              >Angela

              I'm agreeing w/these 2. Daemon hated the wtches he was forced to serve so
              much, it stands to reason that he wouldn't imprenate them - again w/ the
              reference to the fact that, if blood females could spontaneouly abort a
              fetus since they considered males the enemy, it would stand to reason that,
              since daemon considered these women the enemy, he would stay flacid

              alex

            • Bernice .
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 2, 2002
                Nora wrote:
                <<<::puzzlement:: I don't see why he'd suddenly start worrying about being
                a Guardian after being tortured, when he had no problem screwing Sylvia as a
                Guardian before being tortured. What's the difference?>>>

                [It wasn't just after the torture that he worried about being with Sylvia.
                He broke off their relationship before hand, on the basis of a bad feeling
                he had. Um, it happened when Sylvia asked him to marry her at Winsol, and
                he asked her to wait. She tried to distance herself from Saetan after that.
                Saetan wrote a letter to her, explaining some stuff. After Saetan came
                back from Terreille, he decided to stay away from her.

                Bernice