Fwd: truth

  • talpianna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2002
      'Twas the week after Christmas, and all through the house
      Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
      The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
      At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

      When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
      When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).

      I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
      The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,

      The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
      And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

      As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
      And prepared once again to do battle with dirt---

      I said to myself, as I only can
      "You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"

      So--away with the last of the sour cream dip,
      Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip

      Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
      "Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

      I won't have a cookie--not even a lick.
      I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

      I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
      I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

      I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore---
      But isn't that what January is for?

      Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
      Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

      sandy meskys
      I love it when a plan starts to come together and before it starts to
      unravel.