Re: [ShadowRealms] Re: reading after Pillars

  • Bernice .
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 1, 2001
      wow... the list has really gotten busy lately :) *sigh* too much school
      work and not enough time to read non-textbook stuff... but I've found a
      little time to squeeze some stuff in. I recently finished The Forbidden Land
      by Kate Forsyth and The Fall of Neskaya by MZB and both were pretty good :)
      Oh, just for some non-fiction stuff, if you're interested in history books,
      I was reading Guns, Germs and Steel by Jarod Diamond for a course I was
      taking. He develops a very interesting theory on the history of human
      society.

      Bernice

    • Brandi Bennett
      Message 2 of 26 , Dec 1, 2001
        ok, so i know i said i was gonna read terry goodkind's
        new book this week, but im boycotting him...for those
        who havnt read the book, im warning you now, STOP
        READING MY POST!
        Goodkind goes practically the entire book without his
        main characters as far as i am able to tell from my
        skim through the book to make sure that good wins and
        hell doesnt take over the world peek at the end. so
        instead, im reading Wit'ch Fire by James Clemens. So
        far its pretty darned good, i really enjoy his fast
        and furious pacing.

        Brandi

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 26 , Dec 1, 2001
          > little time to squeeze some stuff in. I recently finished The Forbidden
          Land
          > by Kate Forsyth and The Fall of Neskaya by MZB and both were pretty good
          :)

          Hmm, will have to look up that one by Forsyth. Thanks, Bernice :)

          Kandra
          Message 4 of 26 , Dec 1, 2001
            > hell doesnt take over the world peek at the end. so
            > instead, im reading Wit'ch Fire by James Clemens. So
            > far its pretty darned good, i really enjoy his fast
            > and furious pacing.

            The fourth book just came out, Brandi :)

            Kandra
          • HB
            Message 5 of 26 , Dec 2, 2001
              I loved the MZB series "the towers" I know that's the wrong name but I
              am having a mental block at the moment.

              Harry Buck
              Hey, I just forwarded it. I didn't author it.
              The world needs more junk-mail!
              > little time to squeeze some stuff in. I recently finished The
              Forbidden
              Land
              > by Kate Forsyth and The Fall of Neskaya by MZB and both were pretty
              good
              :)

              Hmm, will have to look up that one by Forsyth. Thanks, Bernice :)

              Kandra

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Anny
              Message 6 of 26 , Jan 21, 2002
                I've read both Rhapsody and Prophecy :). I reaaaaaaaally want to read the
                next book Destiny. I couldn't put them down either when I read them :o).

                --

                Anny

                "I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart.
                What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I tried so
                hard.
                And got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter."

                > Has anyone tried Elizabeth Haydon's Rhapsody? I just started reading it
                and
                > already can't put it down. Its pretty good. I'm also finishing off
                > Obsidian Butterfly by Laurell K Hamilton so I can start Narcissus in
                Chains.
                > And I have a bunch of other books piling up. I just wish finals werent
                > coming up so I could read!
                >
                > --MeG

              • Anny
                Message 7 of 26 , Jan 21, 2002
                  > ok, so i know i said i was gonna read terry goodkind's
                  > new book this week, but im boycotting him...for those
                  > who havnt read the book, im warning you now, STOP
                  > READING MY POST!
                  > Goodkind goes practically the entire book without his
                  > main characters as far as i am able to tell from my
                  > skim through the book to make sure that good wins and
                  > hell doesnt take over the world peek at the end. so
                  > instead, im reading Wit'ch Fire by James Clemens. So
                  > far its pretty darned good, i really enjoy his fast
                  > and furious pacing.
                  >
                  > Brandi

                  Yes he did go nearly the entire book without his main characters ::le
                  sigh::. It was one of my major disappointments with the book. Although I
                  like Jennsen, I really had to drudge to get through the book (whereas most
                  his books I can't put down till I'm finished). I also didn't feel like much
                  happened within those hundreds of pages ;oP. I could summarize the plot in
                  a page (maybe even a paragraph)