Re: [ShadowRealms] Help!!

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2001
      In a message dated 01-10-03 08:45:26 EDT, danae wrote:

      << I'm trying to get my hands on The Invisible Ring. It
      seems that it has not yet been released in Australia.>>

      That's not exactly true. The US edition is available in some specialty stores
      in Australia, but there's no *Australian* edition of TIR.

      Before you go through the expense of ordering it out of country, let me check
      and see if the specialty store is strictly come-in-and-buy or if they ship
      books to customers.

      << And what about the short story about Surreal, "By the time the
      Witchblood Blooms" in Treachery and Treason? >>

      The Surreal story is a short story, so, yes, you're looking at just a few
      pages in the whole book.

      Anne
    • ao_tsubasa@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2001
        I'm in Australia too... what part are you in because i know for
        certain that Brisbane City Council has at least 2 copies of the
        Invisible Ring in circulation... having borrowed those copies to read
        at least 4 times now... i was only just able to buy all three of the
        BJT, before then i've only ever seen Queen of the Darkness in the
        bookshops. I'm so happy i finally got my own copies though. this is a
        lifelong dream for me!

        I quite liked Invisible Ring... it didn't have enough Daemon, but boy
        was he amazing when he did appear! <g> But aside from Daemon (is
        there anything other than Daemon? <g>) I still thought it was pretty
        good. I think it would be worth ordering if you have no other choice,
        but have you checked the library?

        Anne, does the Surreal story have Daemon in it? At all? Because if it
        does then i'll go out ad order the book just for that. Actually, i
        probably will anyway, because Surreal herself is just damn cool.

        And also, do you know when Pillars is being released here, because
        i'm absolutely dying to read it, having read all these comments with
        people swearing not to spoil... it just makes me want to know what
        they're not spoiling. Oh dear. lol.

        Isn't the AUD pathetic? It was going up for a while, but now it's
        died. sigh.

        -Gabriella

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2001
          In a message dated 01-10-07 03:51:54 EDT, Gabriella wrote:

          << Anne, does the Surreal story have Daemon in it? At all? Because if it
          does then i'll go out ad order the book just for that. Actually, i
          probably will anyway, because Surreal herself is just damn cool.>>

          No, "By the Time the Witchblood Blooms" is strictly a Surreal story. And it
          really is a short story.

          << And also, do you know when Pillars is being released here >>

          No, I don't. 2-3 weeks behind the US release? I'm sure when it does start
          showing up, people on the list will let us all know. :)