Reading recommendations fantasy and mystery

  • Kerry Orchard
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2001
      Hi!
      I see some of you are asking for reading recommendations .

      Mystery:
      Minnette WAlters - Shape of Snakes
      This is an awesome book, british mystery and extremely well written but very dark and disturbing. I enjoyed it immensely but it not a light read and can be quite graphic, not blood and gore graphic but with regard to the abuse the main character takes.

      Paul Doherty - The house of Death
      An incredible mystery that looks into Alexander the Greath. Paul's knowledge of ancient Greece adn area is incredible as is his writing so if you like historical mysteries this is a great read! I loved it.

      Fantasy
      My all time favourite
      The Hand of chaos series by Margaret Weis and tracy Hickman.
      Incredible read.

      Elfen Gold by Sheri McGathy
      excellent, wonderfully written fairy tale, celtic style fantasy (out in print versions this month new concepts publishing)

      Raven's Heart by Jennifer Dunne
      award winner and an excellent read.

      and I wanted to let you know (along with everyone else I correspond with - it's quite exciting for me) that New Concpets Publishing has released its first print books and you can view them at their site (the link's in my sig)and they will soon be in all the major bookstores. Every month they will be releasing new print books as well their e-books. All their titles are at Amazon and B&N and Powell's, Gemstar, as well - the new ones takes months to get listed though! I know that as I'm not yet!

      So if you're looking for new authors in any genre you can try that.

      On a side note I have put a webpage on my website (see sig) which offers information and several links about e-books if anyone is looking for a place to find it all at once.

      Happy reading!
      Kerry
      Kerry Orchard www.kerryorchard.com
      Author of:The Thoughtmaster's Conduit:
      ISBN 1-58608-300-7
      On a world invaded by the Daha'et, the undead, only one
      force can destroy those who cannot be killed. . .and only
      one man and one woman can wield that force

      NCP http://www.newconceptspublishing.com/

      My health site (extensive links and info)
      http://www.suite101.com/myhome.cfm/orchard