Re: Yippeeee!

  • jkduvall@rmi.net
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 28, 2001
      --- In ShadowRealms@y..., Kaeleer@a... wrote:
      > Glad to see you again, Karen. I'd wondered whether you were still
      with us. :)

      I'm glad to be here, too, Anne. Thanks for remembering me. 8^)

      That advice you once gave me for doing public readings has been
      invaluable! I've had to read from my book a few times since then, and
      was even on television for about 15 seconds, talking about my book
      (Fox News interviewed me for a special report on the ethics of human
      cryonics, which is my novel's premise).

      Just last week I did a reading at a little coffee shop near a college
      campus. I talked for a half hour (I talk more than read <g> because
      it's more fun that way -- more personal), then there was an open
      microphone session afterward for anyone in the audience who wanted to
      read from their unpublished work. It was great! And so uplifting to
      see all these kids -- high school & college -- get up infront of a
      room full of people (every seat was filled!) and read their poems,
      songs and creative prose. There were older people, too, but it was
      the young ones who really impressed me. I was surprised by all the
      angst expressed in their work, but now that I recall the *olden days*
      of my youth... 8^)

      I gotta get over to your site, Anne, and read the beginning chapters
      of your latest! How exciting!

      TTFN!

      Karen
      http://www.karenduvall.com
      PROJECT RESURRECTION by Karen Duvall
      An experiment in cryonic revival threatens to wipe out the human
      race. LaNaya Seville, an empathic healer, battles a malevolent force
      from the afterlife as she tries to free cryonic souls trapped in limbo
      on the astral plane.
      http://www.speculationpress.com
    • Angela West
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 29, 2001
        Daemon and Jaenelle are together but they
        >haven't actually gotten married yet. :)
        >
        >Anne

        I think you may have learned a little too much from you brief readings on
        the Inquistion. You seem to know just what to say for the best torture
        *growl*

        Angela
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 29, 2001
          Karen wrote:

          << That advice you once gave me for doing public readings has been
          invaluable! >>

          I'm glad it helped. :)

          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 29, 2001
            Angela wrote:

            << I think you may have learned a little too much from you brief readings on
            the Inquistion. You seem to know just what to say for the best torture
            *growl*

            ROTFL!

            Anne
          • Angela West
            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 29, 2001
              >Angela wrote:
              >
              ><< I think you may have learned a little too much from you brief readings on
              > the Inquistion. You seem to know just what to say for the best torture
              > *growl*
              > >>

              >ROTFL!
              >
              >Anne

              Huh?

              Angela
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 30, 2001

                AW: >You seem to know just what to say for the best torture *growl*

                AB: >ROTFL!

                AW: >Huh?

                Right time, right mood. I found the teasing funny. (You were teasing, right?)

                Anne
              • skye124@aol.com
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 30, 2001
                  ROTFL = rolling on the floor laughing or something like that

                • wyrmslyph
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 30, 2001
                    > No, I meant what does "ROTFL" stand for? As for teasing, that depends on
                    > just how long I have to wait . . . :)
                    >
                    > Angela

                    It short for: Rolling on The Floor Laughing

                    -Becka
                  • Angela West
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 30, 2001

                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 30, 2001
                        >ROTFL = rolling on the floor laughing or something like that

                        Thank you.

                        Angela
                      • skye124@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jul 30, 2001
                          ur welcome :)

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jul 31, 2001
                            Angela wrote:

                            << No, I meant what does "ROTFL" stand for? As for teasing, that depends on
                            just how long I have to wait . . . :)

                            ROTFL means rolling on the floor laughing.

                            As for how long, I can't answer that since I don't know which story will grab
                            me after the Fae books are done.

                            Anne
                          • Tracey
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jul 31, 2001
                              >As for how long, I can't answer that since I don't know which story will
                              grab me after the Fae books are done.

                              You mean we have to wait for the entire SERIES to be finished before you do
                              the new book?????????????

                              Waaaaillllll!

                              Tracey
                            • Angela West
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jul 31, 2001
                                >Angela wrote:
                                >
                                ><< No, I meant what does "ROTFL" stand for? As for teasing, that depends on
                                > just how long I have to wait . . . :)
                                > >>

                                >ROTFL means rolling on the floor laughing.
                                >
                                >As for how long, I can't answer that since I don't know which story will grab
                                >me after the Fae books are done.
                                >
                                >Anne

                                So long as someone/thing grabs you :) Well, storywise anyway.

                                Angela
                                Message 15 of 21 , Aug 1, 2001
                                  Tracey wailed:

                                  << You mean we have to wait for the entire SERIES to be finished before you do
                                  the new book????????????? >>

                                  Since _The Shadows and the Light_ and _Long Have We Been Absent_ already have
                                  dates and deadlines, those have to be done before I can consider the story
                                  that comes after them. :)

                                  Anne
                                • Angela West
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Aug 1, 2001
                                    >Tracey wailed:
                                    >
                                    ><< You mean we have to wait for the entire SERIES to be finished before you do
                                    > the new book????????????? >>
                                    >
                                    >Since _The Shadows and the Light_ and _Long Have We Been Absent_ already have
                                    >dates and deadlines, those have to be done before I can consider the story
                                    >that comes after them. :)
                                    >
                                    >Anne

                                    Hey, as long as we get something - old realm, new realm - it doesn't
                                    matter. (gee, I sound like an addict)

                                    Angela
                                  • Kristina Brummett
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Aug 1, 2001
                                      > >Since _The Shadows and the Light_ and _Long Have We
                                      > Been Absent_ already have
                                      > >dates and deadlines, those have to be done before I
                                      > can consider the story
                                      > >that comes after them. :)
                                      > >
                                      > >Anne
                                      > >
                                      > Hey, as long as we get something - old realm, new
                                      > realm - it doesn't
                                      > matter. (gee, I sound like an addict)
                                      >
                                      > Angela

                                      Hey, don't worry, were all addicts, we just have yet
                                      to admit it.

                                      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Aug 1, 2001
                                        Angela wrote:

                                        << Hey, as long as we get something - old realm, new realm - it doesn't
                                        matter. (gee, I sound like an addict)

                                        No, you sound like a happy reader. :)