Re: [ShadowRealms] I am getting very impatient

  • Angela West
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 5 3:34 PM
      >I'd like to put in a good word for Holly Lisle. Her 'Secret Texts' series
      >currently has me mesmerized. It's so good I can barely put it down! The
      >first book is Diplomacy of Wolves, #2 is Vengence of Dragons, and #3 is
      >Courage of Falcons. I am halfway thru Vengence of Dragons, and I can't wait
      >to get home and read some more! I can't bring them to work or I'd never get
      >any work done!
      >
      >--K

      I second the word for Holly Lisle. Another two series (besides Anne's)
      that I'm anxiously awaiting the next book are Joanne Bertin's Dragonlord
      series (#1 The Last Dragonlord, #2 Dragon and Phoenix) and James Clemens's
      Wi'tch series (I can't remember the names but there are three out so far).

      Angela
    • Dubhradh
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 5 6:03 PM
        > Have you tried Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner Series?

        *nodnod* I HIGHLY recommend this series, it's another
        one that has me constantly checking to see if the
        wonderful author has written any more on it *grin* the
        last book had a bit more political intrigue that I
        normally go for but the characters are very interesting.

        =====
        We ARE the people our parent's warned us about....

        Myu and Seimei's poor typist
        Darkchylde
        Duo's evil twin sister
        Keeper of Katsu no Miko's Wufei
        MnM (Mikagami no Miko) ICQ# 64509645 (feel free to contact me)

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Dubhradh
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 5 6:13 PM
          --- Sukida Shinomori <sukida@...> wrote:

          > Actually, I find Mercedes Lackey to be fairly good
          > as well. I especially enjoyed "If I Pay Thee Not in
          > Gold". The character's seemed strong to me, and I
          > always like that.

          I enjoyed The Fire Rose and The Black Swan by her as
          well, they were interesting twists on traditional
          fairy tales and the females were VERY strong *grin*.
          Fire Rose is a take off of Beauty and the Beast set in
          San Francisco during the turn of the cenbtury I
          believe and The Black Swan is Swan Lake told from
          Odile's point of view. Very good books both of them:)

          =====

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 5 6:18 PM
            In a message dated 01-03-05 21:03:58 EST:

            << *nodnod* I HIGHLY recommend this series, it's another
            one that has me constantly checking to see if the
            wonderful author has written any more on it >>

            It's called THE BONE DOLL'S TWIN and it's coming out in October. <g>

            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 5 9:46 PM
              > - George R.R. Martin "Song of Ice and Fire" (Book 1: A Game of Thrones)
              > - Robert Jordan "The Wheel of Time" (Book 1: The Eye of the World)

              I have read the first 3 of George R.R. Martin's books and they are
              indeed wonderful. A bit on the dark side (he believes in killing major
              characters off here and there) but very well written, IMHO. I couldn't
              "take" Robert Jordan after about the 3rd book. Oh, for those who
              like Tanya Huff, she has a new book coming out this month..._The
              Second Summoning_, which is the sequel to _Summon the Keeper_.

              > (I also have a more extensive list of good books from my webpage:
              > http://www.tliquest.net/ladyreniel/suggested.html) I hope you can find
              > pleasure in those books as you have found with Anne's! :)

              Nice site, Jamie! :)

              Kandra
            • Kharendar@aol.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 6 6:12 AM
                In a message dated 3/5/01 11:46:34 PM Central Standard Time, kandra@...
                writes:

                << Nice site, Jamie! :) >>

                Why thank you! It's based on Robert Jordan's the Wheel of Time though :)
                Actually his writting is somewhat slow, but I enjoyed it quite thoroughly. He
                was the first Fantasy author I ever picked up so I'm biased when it comes to
                him <G>

                - Jamie
              • Catriona Laurie
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 6 4:08 PM
                  > > like Tanya Huff, she has a new book coming out this month..._The
                  > > Second Summoning_, which is the sequel to _Summon the Keeper_.

                  Thanks for the reminder! I have a vague suspicion it's due out
                  today? - me off to steal hubby's credit card now :)

                  Trina
                  ---------------------------------------
                  NEXIS HANDCRAFTED JEWELLERY
                  Original designs, affordable prices
                  http://www.nexis-jewellery.com/

                  CATRIONA'S CONCEIT
                  Original Fantasy art & sketches
                  http://www.computerpages.co.uk/nexis/conceit/

                  THE BLURB
                  The stuff on the back of the book
                  (Fantasy / SF genres)
                  http://www.nexis-jewellery.com/blurb/

                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 6 4:17 PM
                    > like Tanya Huff, she has a new book coming out this month..._The
                    > Second Summoning_, which is the sequel to _Summon the Keeper_.

                    Oh, yay!! I've been waiting for a sequel to that one for a *long*
                    time... :) See what neat things one learns on mailing lists? :)

                    -Kyran

                    --
                    Kyran Jaye
                    @>->-
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 6 8:24 PM
                      > Thanks for the reminder! I have a vague suspicion it's due out
                      > today? - me off to steal hubby's credit card now :)

                      I'm not sure. I had preordered it from Borders,
                      and when I go look at the order they say
                      it has to be ordered from the publisher and
                      it may take 1-6 weeks!!! Last night Amazon
                      said it hadn't been published. Tonight they're
                      saying 2-3 days.

                      Kandra
                    • Catriona Laurie
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 7 1:51 AM
                        > > Thanks for the reminder! I have a vague suspicion it's due out
                        > > today? - me off to steal hubby's credit card now :)
                        >
                        > I'm not sure. I had preordered it from Borders,
                        > and when I go look at the order they say
                        > it has to be ordered from the publisher and
                        > it may take 1-6 weeks!!! Last night Amazon
                        > said it hadn't been published. Tonight they're
                        > saying 2-3 days.

                        The publication date I have here is 6th March, but since I haven't a
                        clue where I got that information I can't tell how reliable it is. I
                        ordered it from Amazon last night, so we'll see in a couple of days
                        hopefully!

                        Trina
                        ---------------------------------------
                        NEXIS HANDCRAFTED JEWELLERY
                        Original designs, affordable prices
                        http://www.nexis-jewellery.com/

                        CATRIONA'S CONCEIT
                        Original Fantasy art & sketches
                        http://www.computerpages.co.uk/nexis/conceit/

                        THE BLURB
                        The stuff on the back of the book
                        (Fantasy / SF genres)
                        http://www.nexis-jewellery.com/blurb/

                        Snail Mail:
                        171 Maple Terrace, Greenhills, East Kilbride.
                        Glasgow G75 9EH. Scotland. UK
                        Tel: (UK) (0)1355 901884