Re: [ShadowRealms] Yet Another Newbie

  • Angela West
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 18, 1980

      >When they find the gate for the clearing and Jared can see Polli's face he
      >senses the work of a black widow. Could that be what was in the mysterious
      >bag that Thera gave to Polli before she left; a spell to hide the gate?
      >
      >Just a thought. Let me know what you all think.
      >Amy Tannahill

      I was thinking Thera gave Polli something to help her overcome her fear of
      men/sex but your idea is better.

      Angela
    • Kyran Jaye
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
        Heyla, all!

        Yes, it's yet another newbie wandering in... :)

        Anyway, just wanted to say hi and take a look around. I haven't read
        many of the posts, but it seems like I found the right place. I love
        Anne Bishop's books (she's one of my "top three" authors right now...
        which is hard to do :) and keep trying to get my friends to read
        them, but so far have had no success... ::sigh:: So I figured I'd
        look for someplace where people might know what I meant when I talked
        about them! Guess I found it, huh?

        I just finished "Invisible Ring" this past week... forgot it was
        coming out (for shame!) until I had to go into the mall for something
        else and wound up in the bookstore... (who hasn't done that, I
        suppose?) Anyway, I didn't get much else done that day... I think it
        took me four and a half hours, and I actually had stuff to do. Oh,
        well... anyway, three cheers! 'Twas fabulous, as usual. Thank you
        Anne, for the great "ride"

        The newest newbie,
        -Kyran Jaye
      • Amy Tannahill
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
          <Yes, it's yet another newbie wandering in... :)

          Newbies are especially welcome here because that means that there are more
          of us to go around and with all that convincing going on, none of our
          firends are safe-they'll cave, just keep pestering them. I leant Daughter to
          a friend after reading it and we were both dying for Heir and then Queen to
          come out. That seems to happen often I have gotten 2 friends and my 2
          sisters hooked on Anne and the younger one told her friend.....and soon I'll
          be needing brand new copies from the trilogy and Ring in order to be able to
          read them yet again.

          Okie, no more rambling. I am reading Ring again and as always am noticing
          stuff that I didn't notice before. I now have a little question, for Anne or
          just somebody that may be more preceptive than me:

          When they find the gate for the clearing and Jared can see Polli's face he
          senses the work of a black widow. Could that be what was in the mysterious
          bag that Thera gave to Polli before she left; a spell to hide the gate?

          Just a thought. Let me know what you all think.
          Amy Tannahill

          http://profiles.msn.com
        • Bernice .
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
            Kyran wrote:
            >Heyla, all!
            >
            >Yes, it's yet another newbie wandering in... :)

            Welcome to the list Kyran :) we all LOVE Anne's books her, and sometimes
            she even gives us little bits of information, but most of the time, i think
            she enjoys baiting us ;)

            Bernice

            http://profiles.msn.com
          • Jax1078@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
              welcome all newbies (Like i was recently)
              :)
              -Jax
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
                In a message dated 00-11-01 19:53:33 EST, Amy T:

                << Could that be what was in the mysterious
                bag that Thera gave to Polli before she left; a spell to hide the gate?

                Hate to spoil a mystery, but, in this case, there isn't one. The bag just had
                Polli's spare clothes.

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 2, 2000
                  Kyran wrote:

                  > Yes, it's yet another newbie wandering in... :)

                  Welcome to the list, Kyran...and to all the
                  others that have lately joined. Feel free to
                  ask any questions. We certainly don't mind
                  giving our best try to answering them, even if
                  the questions have been asked before!! We
                  *love* discussing Anne's books, and any others
                  too, of course :)

                  Kandra
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 3, 2000
                    In a message dated 00-11-01 11:49:24 EST, Kyran wrote:

                    << Oh, well... anyway, three cheers! 'Twas fabulous, as usual. Thank you
                    Anne, for the great "ride" >>

                    You're welcome. And welcome to the list.

                    Anne
                  • Kyran Jaye
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 4, 2000
                      --- In ShadowRealms@egroups.com, Kaeleer@a... wrote:
                      > You're welcome. And welcome to the list.
                      >
                      > Anne

                      Glad to be here. My first question: why don't you have a "name" in
                      the display? (as opposed to email address...)
                      Okay, so it's a stupid question. But I'm curious. :)

                      - Kyran
                    • Kyran Jaye
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 4, 2000
                        --- In ShadowRealms@egroups.com, "Bernice ." <jaenelle_13@h...> wrote:
                        > she even gives us little bits of information, but most of the time,
                        i think
                        > she enjoys baiting us ;)
                        >
                        > Bernice

                        ::sigh:: authors.... Isn't that how they *all* are? ;)

                        -Kyran
                      • Kyran Jaye
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 4, 2000
                          --- In ShadowRealms@egroups.com, "Amy Tannahill" <amy_tannahill@h...>
                          wrote:
                          > Newbies are especially welcome here because that means that there
                          are more
                          > of us to go around and with all that convincing going on, none of
                          our
                          > firends are safe-they'll cave, just keep pestering them. I leant

                          I'd love to loan my friends the copies of the books, but I recently
                          moved back home after college and none of my friends (who would read
                          this series) are within "loaning" distance! ::sigh:: So I ahve to
                          pester them via email and, well, that doesn't always work :)

                          > When they find the gate for the clearing and Jared can see Polli's
                          face he
                          > senses the work of a black widow. Could that be what was in the
                          mysterious
                          > bag that Thera gave to Polli before she left; a spell to hide the
                          gate?

                          Umm... if I remember the scene correctly, I think Jared was noticing
                          Thera's spell on herself (to make her seem broken)only he didn't
                          realize it at the time. I think.

                          -Kyran
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 4, 2000
                            In a message dated 00-11-04 13:28:49 EST, Kyran wrote:

                            << My first question: why don't you have a "name" in
                            the display? (as opposed to email address...)
                            Okay, so it's a stupid question. But I'm curious. :) >>

                            I have no idea. That's just the way it comes out.

                            Anne
                          • Kyran Jaye
                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 7, 2000
                              << My first question: why don't you have a "name" in the display? (as
                              opposed to email address...)Okay, so it's a stupid question. But I'm
                              curious. :) >>

                              > I have no idea. That's just the way it comes out.

                              Actually, it has something to do with how your account is set-up on eGroups,
                              but I was wondering if you did it on purpose or not....

                              -Kyran
                              who may have to go back to reading from the message board 'cause her email
                              box is awfully full lately.... ;)

                              Lady Kyran Jaye of Aeon's Gate
                              www.aeonsgate.com @>->- kyranjaye@...