excellent!

  • S B
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2000
      A friend recommended this series to me, and I love it so far (i'm a
      little way into heir right now). The only problem I have is work is
      cutting in on my valuable reading time *pout*.

      Love the books, I'll surface and ask questions once I finish them.
      It's so exciting to find another author I like to read.

      On the responding to the fans - I think it's great that you do
      correspond with the fans. Christine Feehan also corresponds via
      groups like this with her fans. Though her books are a good bit more
      of the romance genre - very entertaining though. Most authors have
      very little to do with their fans, and it's a let down. I guess it
      does cut in on writing time a little, but I'm sure you get some great
      ideas from some of your fans also.

      SB
    • ChaosChild
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 2, 2000
        But Titian also gave Surreal her Jewel and said "Here, until your ready
        to set your own" because Surreals was an uncut, right? I think the
        question was, could Surreal use Titians Jewel?
        Rave

        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 3, 2000
          Raven wrote:

          << I think the
          question was, could Surreal use Titians Jewel? >>

          Yes. Since Titian was broken and couldn't use the Jewel, and since it was the
          same-rank Jewel, Surreal could use her mother's Green. This was an unusual
          circumstance of a mother giving her daughter a Jewel to use.

          Anne
        • ChaosChild
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 8, 2000
            Thats what I had figured. But say the another circumstance arose,
            non-related Jeweled persons for instance. Could one person use anothers
            Jewel for their own use? Since my question never really got answered. I
            suppose what I'm asking is, say Daemon and Kartane got into a full blown
            out brawl. Could Daemon, by force, use Kartanes Jewel instead of having
            to use his own energy to kill Kartane?
            Rave

            Kaeleer@... wrote:

            > Raven wrote:
            >
            > << I think the
            > question was, could Surreal use Titians Jewel? >>
            >
            > Yes. Since Titian was broken and couldn't use the Jewel, and since it was the
            > same-rank Jewel, Surreal could use her mother's Green. This was an unusual
            > circumstance of a mother giving her daughter a Jewel to use.
            >
            > Anne
            >

            > ShadowRealms, discussion of great fantasy!
          • Preeti Gupta
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 8, 2000
              Though I'm not the one who could answer this for sure, I would
              assume not. It seems that since the Jewel is bonded to the person,
              it would have to be given willingly.

              Preeti

              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 9, 2000

                << I suppose what I'm asking is, say Daemon and Kartane got into a full blown
                out brawl. Could Daemon, by force, use Kartanes Jewel instead of having
                to use his own energy to kill Kartane?
                Rave >>

                No. Strength can be given willingly, like when Daemon gave his strength to
                Saetan--and vice versa--but it can't be taken by force.

                Anne
              • ChaosChild
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 11, 2000
                  Wooo...thank ya thank ya Anne :)