Re: [ShadowRealms] Re: Random Questions

    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 31, 2000
      Danni wrote:

      << I guess we're lucky now--when you start
      getting fans by the score (and you will!) it'll be harder for you to
      answer all our curious little questions.

      That's why it's so nice to have these discussion groups. A lot of people
      wonder about the same things, and it's a way I can answer questions (all
      right--I heard all those guffahs) and let you all know about new stuff coming
      up.

      Anne
    • S B
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1 3:15 PM
        A friend recommended this series to me, and I love it so far (i'm a
        little way into heir right now). The only problem I have is work is
        cutting in on my valuable reading time *pout*.

        Love the books, I'll surface and ask questions once I finish them.
        It's so exciting to find another author I like to read.

        On the responding to the fans - I think it's great that you do
        correspond with the fans. Christine Feehan also corresponds via
        groups like this with her fans. Though her books are a good bit more
        of the romance genre - very entertaining though. Most authors have
        very little to do with their fans, and it's a let down. I guess it
        does cut in on writing time a little, but I'm sure you get some great
        ideas from some of your fans also.

        SB
      • ChaosChild
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 2 1:30 PM
          But Titian also gave Surreal her Jewel and said "Here, until your ready
          to set your own" because Surreals was an uncut, right? I think the
          question was, could Surreal use Titians Jewel?
          Rave

          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 3 1:52 PM
            Raven wrote:

            << I think the
            question was, could Surreal use Titians Jewel? >>

            Yes. Since Titian was broken and couldn't use the Jewel, and since it was the
            same-rank Jewel, Surreal could use her mother's Green. This was an unusual
            circumstance of a mother giving her daughter a Jewel to use.

            Anne
          • ChaosChild
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 8 12:22 PM
              Thats what I had figured. But say the another circumstance arose,
              non-related Jeweled persons for instance. Could one person use anothers
              Jewel for their own use? Since my question never really got answered. I
              suppose what I'm asking is, say Daemon and Kartane got into a full blown
              out brawl. Could Daemon, by force, use Kartanes Jewel instead of having
              to use his own energy to kill Kartane?
              Rave

              Kaeleer@... wrote:

              > Raven wrote:
              >
              > << I think the
              > question was, could Surreal use Titians Jewel? >>
              >
              > Yes. Since Titian was broken and couldn't use the Jewel, and since it was the
              > same-rank Jewel, Surreal could use her mother's Green. This was an unusual
              > circumstance of a mother giving her daughter a Jewel to use.
              >
              > Anne
              >

              > ShadowRealms, discussion of great fantasy!
            • Preeti Gupta
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 8 2:32 PM
                Though I'm not the one who could answer this for sure, I would
                assume not. It seems that since the Jewel is bonded to the person,
                it would have to be given willingly.

                Preeti

                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 9 1:22 PM

                  << I suppose what I'm asking is, say Daemon and Kartane got into a full blown
                  out brawl. Could Daemon, by force, use Kartanes Jewel instead of having
                  to use his own energy to kill Kartane?
                  Rave >>

                  No. Strength can be given willingly, like when Daemon gave his strength to
                  Saetan--and vice versa--but it can't be taken by force.

                  Anne
                • ChaosChild
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 11 12:23 PM
                    Wooo...thank ya thank ya Anne :)