Re: Digest Number 432

  • wolf
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2000
      > Message: 1
      > Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 18:48:18 -0000
      > From: "Riamus T.S.L" <starry_star@...>
      > Subject: Re: OT: book shoppin'
      >
      > > I think our husbands must subscribe to the same way of thinking.
      > Mine
      > > tends to get me tools for special occassions also.
      >
      > *blink*
      > I think... if I do get married, I'm going to make sure my hubby knows
      > I'm not partial to tools.
      >
      > *grin* But hey, I think I understand the ploy. There was a time I
      > bought books as presents for friends. But before I handed the books
      > over - nice and neatly wrapped - I went through it first.
      >
      > That habit didn't last very long though. I'm the type who likes to
      > keep books and read it again years later. *sniff* I started to miss
      > the books I read and gave as presents and since I already read the
      > books, I felt it was a sort of waste to go buy myself a copy.
      >
      > Riamus

      I don't know. I'm under the impression that the best gift you can give is
      something you would want for yourself. That way it's always something
      meaningful. It takes more effort I guess. :) Of course, it should preferably
      be something of mutual interest, not "Hey honey, happy birthday, I hope you
      enjoy your new 150hp riding lawnmower". *g*

      --
      ICQ: 3199233
      http://wolf.cyril.com

      $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
      $The day microsoft comes out with something that doesn't$
      $ suck is the day they start making vacuum cleaners $
      $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    • Angela West
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2000
        >I don't know. I'm under the impression that the best gift you can give is
        >something you would want for yourself. That way it's always something
        >meaningful. It takes more effort I guess. :) Of course, it should preferably
        >be something of mutual interest, not "Hey honey, happy birthday, I hope you
        >enjoy your new 150hp riding lawnmower". *g*
        >

        >--
        >ICQ: 3199233
        >http://wolf.cyril.com

        Hey, if my hubby got me a riding lawn mower I be dancing in the streets!

        Angela
      • Catriona Laurie
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2000
          "Hey honey, happy birthday, I hope you
          > enjoy your new 150hp riding lawnmower". *g*

          Oh darling, if *only* we had a lawn <sigh>

          :)
          Trina
          ---------------------------------------
          NEXIS HANDCRAFTED JEWELLERY
          Original designs, affordable prices
          http://www.nexis-jewellery.com/

          CATRIONA'S CONCEIT
          Original Fantasy art & sketches
          http://www.computerpages.co.uk/nexis/conceit/

          THE BLURB
          The stuff on the back of the book
          (Fantasy / SF genres)
          http://www.nexis-jewellery.com/blurb/

          Snail Mail:
          171 Maple Terrace, Greenhills, East Kilbride.
          Glasgow G75 9EH. Scotland. UK
          Tel: (UK) (0)1355 901884