Re: [ShadowRealms] Jewel wearing question....

  • Angela West
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2000
      >Okay.....I was re-reading Heir....and on page 377 it talks about Lucivar
      >calling in his "Birthright Red".......wouldn't he have had Birthright
      >Sapphire in order to wear the Ebon-gray after his offering? OR....was he just
      >not strong enough to wear the Black after his offering? Same with
      >Karla.....she had Birthright Sapphire and ended up with the Gray, not the
      >Ebon-gray....again, was she not strong enough? Now I know you are all going
      >to run and grab your copies and re-read it too....LOL
      >
      >Teresa

      It explains at the beginning of all three books that a person *may* descend
      up to three levels not that they necessarily *will* descend that far in
      jewel rank. Not everyone goes down three levels after they make the
      offering.

      Angela
    • TLR1169@aol.com

        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2000
          > Just because a blood
          > >doesn't desend the maximun jewel level, does that mean that the person is
          > >not powerful enough to wear the darker jewel, or that it just wasn't
          'meant
          > >to be'?
          > >
          > >~Maren
          > >

          > I'd imagine it's a little of both. They aren't powerful enough to wear
          the
          > darker jewel so it wasn't "meant to be."
          >
          > Angela

          Ah, I see. Hmm. Random Jewel Question. If a person who is Blood (very weak
          Blood) doesn't get a Jewel at his/her birthright ceremony, would it still be
          possible for the person to make the Offering and get like perhaps the White
          Jewel?

          ~Maren who is full of questions tonight
        • Bernice .
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2000
            If a person who is Blood (very weak
            >Blood) doesn't get a Jewel at his/her birthright ceremony, would it still
            >be
            >possible for the person to make the Offering and get like perhaps the White
            >Jewel?
            >
            >~Maren who is full of questions tonight

            yes it's possible. it's also possible that the person could come away with
            no Jewel at all.

            Bernice