Re: me again

    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 2, 1999
      In a message dated 99-06-02 21:48:47 EDT, Kandra said:

      << I don't know what happened to her uncle...hmm. Anne??>>

      The answer to that is in Queen.

      "Kiss Kiss" is between Karla and Saetan. (Poor Saetan.)

      << As for the "Kiss Kiss" episode (or any of the others for
      that matter), Anne hasn't given anything to me to post
      on the web page yet :( >>

      Sorry, sad faces won't get you the material to post any faster. :)

      Anne
    • kandra
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 2, 1999
        >Sorry, sad faces won't get you the material to post any faster. :)

        How about bribes?? *sweet innocent smile*

        Kandra
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 2, 1999
          In a message dated 99-06-02 23:48:58 EDT, Kandra said:

          << How about bribes?? *sweet innocent smile* >>

          Nice try.

          Anne :)
        • Tati2072@aol.com
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 2, 1999
            MY GOD! You can write can't you! :)

            You and I have loads in common though, I cannot tell you how many times I
            have picked up a series in the middle and then worked my way through to
            either end!

            Mercedes Lackey, lacks something in my opinion. ( I don't call it a humble
            opinion because it ain't!) But I did like her earlier works. Try Tanya Huff
            or Fiona Patton, both very good reads. Or Doris Egan if you can find her
            Ivory series, very funny.

            How about Esther Friesner, she has some really funny stuff!

            As for the absolute evil of characters... Hmm... That is one of my most
            persistent gripes with Mercedes work. She has characters that are as pure as
            the driven snow, or characters whose personalities have been driven through
            the cesspit of society. I find that Anne's characters are a bit more rounded
            than that. :) Could be that I am biased because I did love the books, (by
            the way, the last one will be out in January of 2000 right Anne?) but for the
            most part there is a more human mix in them all.

            Her (Anne's) villains are evil, but they are also bullies, and we all know
            what happens to bullies don't we? I loved the darker feel of the books, they
            matched my mood. I love the dominance (female that is) that is implied more
            than anything within the more NORMAL households. Mirrors my own upbringing
            :)

            I know I missed points but I am feeling a bit off. I will answer any and all
            quips about this monster post though!

            :)

            Tatianna
          • Tati2072@aol.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 2, 1999
              In a message dated 06/03/1999 12:22:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
              kandra@... writes:

              > Well, one can always *try* ;)
              >
              > *mutters under her breath*

              Stop muttering you nut, and another thing... Don't bribe the woman! What is
              the point! You should know better by now! :) (And no I am not being a
              brown noser! You in the back shut your mouth!) I feel out of it, I need
              something to read!

              Tatianna
            • kandra
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 2, 1999
                ><< How about bribes?? *sweet innocent smile* >>
                >
                >Nice try.

                Well, one can always *try* ;)

                *mutters under her breath*

                Kandra
              • Kaeleer@xxx.xxx
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 2, 1999
                  << (by
                  the way, the last one will be out in January of 2000 right Anne?) >>

                  Yes. Actually, if it runs like the other ones did, it may even get to the
                  bookstores by late December. (But if it isn't for some reason, don't yell at
                  me!)

                  Anne
                • BlkJwldGds@xxx.xxx
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 3, 1999
                    In a message dated 6/2/99 11:35:44 PM Central Daylight Time, Kaeleer@...
                    writes:

                    > << (by
                    > the way, the last one will be out in January of 2000 right Anne?) >>
                    >
                    > Yes. Actually, if it runs like the other ones did, it may even get to the
                    > bookstores by late December. (But if it isn't for some reason, don't yell
                    at

                    > me!)
                    >
                    > Anne

                    ::cries:: noooo! why does every book i choose end up being a series and alll
                    the next ones come out in 2000?? i have nothing to read in 1999~ack! hmph.
                    LKHamilton (both Anita and the new Fey series), the new one by Diana G
                    (outlander series) and my long awaited Queen! Why cant a nice novel call out
                    for me to read?? Right now im plowing thru Piers Anthony's Incarnations of
                    Immortality series...Has anyone read this?? im havin some trouble getting
                    into it...ive never read his stuff before tho my mom love him...

                    Laurie ::heading off to the Library to scare the librarians again cause shes
                    back so soon::
                  • LDragun@xxx.xxx
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 3, 1999
                      picarify@... writes:

                      > I should add also that I usually don't like really "dark" novels. I
                      > have not read Anne Rice at all. I did read Lackeys series with Jinx
                      > High; don't remember the other names; I liked those ok but not as much
                      > as her others; I read some Hambly but stopped. I hate sad endings. -
                      > Deb

                      The Lackey series is the Diana Tregarde one, Dark Water, Children of
                      the Night, and Jinx High (yes, I am alittle obsessive).
                      Bet you guys can't guess what I did in Tech Ed for a self select
                      project? I made a clock that was shaped like a book and titled after LKH's
                      next book...(:^ I guess I'm even more obsessive with her...BNext time I'll do
                      one off of Anne's!

                      -D
                    • LDragun@xxx.xxx
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 3, 1999
                        Oh, Tanya Huff is good...Summon the Keeper is hilarious! I love Hell!

                        -D
                      • LDragun@xxx.xxx
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 3, 1999
                          In a message dated 6/2/99 9:35:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Kaeleer@...
                          writes:

                          > Yes. Actually, if it runs like the other ones did, it may even get to the
                          > bookstores by late December. (But if it isn't for some reason, don't yell
                          at

                          > me!)
                          >
                          > Anne

                          Probably won't be in mine...The bookstores around here either get
                          books early, or late, and yours seem to be late...Damnare, no0t enough that I
                          have to wait that long for the next LKH book...I was hoping that I could have
                          one of Anne's to hold me over, and the one of Laurell's to hold me over...Oh,
                          well, this way I'll be getting Fs in all my classes for not paying attention
                          because I'm actually sneak-reading books (which I'm very good at...The only
                          thing that got me through fifth...that grade sucked!)

                          -D
                        • Tati2072@xxx.xxx
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 3, 1999
                            You are tooooooo strange D. :)

                            Tatianna
                          • Catriona
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 3, 1999
                              > From: LDragun@...
                              >

                              > Oh, Tanya Huff is good...Summon the Keeper is hilarious! I love Hell!

                              me too! me too! and the cat's positively priceless too!

                              Trina
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Nexis Handcrafted Jewellery
                              http://www.nexis-jewellery.com/
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Snail Mail:
                              171 Maple Terrace, Greenhills, East Kilbride.
                              Glasgow G75 9EH. Scotland. UK
                              Tel: (UK) (0)1355 901884
                            • Catriona
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jun 3, 1999
                                > From: BlkJwldGds@...
                                > ::cries:: noooo! why does every book i choose end up being a series and alll
                                > the next ones come out in 2000?? i have nothing to read in 1999~ack! hmph.
                                > LKHamilton (both Anita and the new Fey series), the new one by Diana G
                                > (outlander series) and my long awaited Queen! Why cant a nice novel call out
                                > for me to read?? Right now im plowing thru Piers Anthony's Incarnations of
                                > Immortality series...Has anyone read this?? im havin some trouble getting
                                > into it...ive never read his stuff before tho my mom love him...

                                Ain't dat de trooth - it's getting *really* difficult to find good stand-
                                alones these days, even ones that aren't part of a series seem to
                                read like a first book in a series - anyone else noticed this trend?
                                It's not that I'm against series - far from it - but sometimes you just
                                want to curl up with a good, well-rounded story that has a definite
                                beginning, middle and unquestionable end!

                                I haven't read all the Incarnations books, just For Love of Evil (loved
                                it) On A Pale Horse (ditto) and With A Tangled Skein (s'okey), I
                                own the rest of the series but I've not yet been tempted to read
                                them. I find Piers Anthony to be a tedious writer with tremendous
                                flashes of genius, but I'm past the age when I want to slog through
                                a lot of 'aren't-I-clever' scenario's to get to the good stuff. That said,
                                I loved the Xanth books up 'til Man from Mundania, the early books
                                were brilliant!

                                > Laurie ::heading off to the Library to scare the librarians again cause shes
                                > back so soon::

                                And here I thought I was the only one that inspired that reaction in
                                librarians :))

                                Trina
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jun 3, 1999
                                  Right now im plowing thru Piers Anthony's Incarnations of
                                  >Immortality series...Has anyone read this?? im havin some trouble getting
                                  >into it...ive never read his stuff before tho my mom love him...

                                  I know I'm blaspheming here...but I can NOT stand Piers Anthony!
                                  I could never understand what anyone saw in his writings.

                                  Kandra
                                • Tati2072@xxx.xxx
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jun 3, 1999
                                    In a message dated 06/03/1999 10:19:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                    kandra@... writes:

                                    > I know I'm blaspheming here...but I can NOT stand Piers Anthony!
                                    > I could never understand what anyone saw in his writings.
                                    >
                                    > Kandra

                                    Listen here Harpy! I was 10 years old! That is about the right age frame
                                    for him! :P I just kept reading him out of habit, (the bad ones are a bitch
                                    to get rid of) And I have to agree, Man from Mundania was where I dropped
                                    Xanth and never looked back... :P

                                    Tatianna
                                  • Betsy Richens
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jun 4, 1999
                                      > The Lackey series is the Diana Tregarde one,

                                      Aha! That's the name of the one I didn't like! I really like some of
                                      Lackey's books but those put me right off. Too negative without
                                      even a good romance to offset it.

                                      Betsy
                                    • LDragun@xxx.xxx
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jun 4, 1999
                                        claurie@... writes:

                                        > me too! me too! and the cat's positively priceless too!
                                        >
                                        > Trina

                                        Oh, my gods!!! I was going to mention him, but the parental units
                                        were making me get off! I love him...And the fact that I can't remember his
                                        name, only what it starts with and sounds like, means that I need to reread
                                        it! ::Starts digging through room, looking for the pile of Tanya books::

                                        -D