Re: Howdy y'all...

  • Barbara Dodsworth
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 1, 1999
      > Yes Anne,
      >
      > I know all about Hell in pre-Christian mythology...
      > I cut my baby
      > teeth on Greek myths, transferred over to the Romans
      > who had no imagination,
      > went to see what the Norse were up to and they
      > confused me... But I know all
      > about Hell... :) As for Saetan not being the
      > devil... Well... :P I never
      > meant it to be a literal thing. It was more of a
      > powerful male who is being
      > ruled by a more powerful female. Get it! Get it!
      > Tatianna
      Hi Tatianna,
      It sounds like you are getting very theological about the background of
      the Saetan character. Myself, I never thought of Saetan and the Dark
      Realm as being linked to the mythical Hades and the Underworld. But
      now that you mention it, YES it does sound extremely similar to Greek
      myths.
      Hey Anne, is that what give you the idea for Saetan from Greek
      mythology?
      Barb
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 1, 1999
        In a message dated 5/31/99 7:21:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Tati2072@...
        writes:

        > Yes Anne,
        >
        > I know all about Hell in pre-Christian mythology... I cut my baby
        > teeth on Greek myths, transferred over to the Romans who had no
        imagination,

        > went to see what the Norse were up to and they confused me... But I know
        > all
        > about Hell... :) As for Saetan not being the devil... Well... :P I
        > never
        > meant it to be a literal thing. It was more of a powerful male who is
        being

        > ruled by a more powerful female. Get it! Get it! :)
        >
        > Tatianna

        The Norse confused you? Really? Wow...I totally got them...I agree,
        as do most people :-) The Romans had absolutely no imagination off the battle
        field...The Greeks were awesome, but they were...done...You know? I just
        started getting interested in the other stuff, I've already done some stuff
        with the whole Arabic junk...Now that confused me...

        Chaos, panic, disorder--My work here is done.
        -D
        DeathsDomain@onelist.com
        http://maxpages.com/vampirewars
        http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Exhibit/9581/
      • Tati2072@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 1, 1999
          In a message dated 06/01/1999 6:02:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          LDragun@... writes:

          > I've already done some stuff
          > with the whole Arabic junk...Now that confused me...

          Never thought of that... Hmm... Have to do some digging. As for the
          Norse... Really, they simply don't do it for me. Not one little bit...

          Tatianna
        • LDragun@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 1, 1999
            In a message dated 6/1/99 3:38:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Tati2072@...
            writes:

            > Never thought of that... Hmm... Have to do some digging. As for the
            > Norse... Really, they simply don't do it for me. Not one little bit...
            >
            > Tatianna

            Why not? I thought, well, besides that whole war thing, they were
            alot more sensible then the Greeks...I like how the gods are just powerful
            humans, that's cool.

            Chaos, panic, disorder--My work is done here.
          • Kaeleer@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 1, 1999
              In a message dated 99-06-01 17:15:01 EDT, Barb said:

              << Myself, I never thought of Saetan and the Dark
              Realm as being linked to the mythical Hades and the Underworld. But
              now that you mention it, YES it does sound extremely similar to Greek
              myths.
              Hey Anne, is that what give you the idea for Saetan from Greek
              mythology? >>

              The Blood and the Realms were woven from a lot of different threads. There
              was possibly some Greek mythology thrown into the pot with the rest of it
              since I've read some. But the creative process is more complex than that. It
              blends and weaves pieces into a new coherent whole. So, could the idea that
              the Dark Realm was simply the land of the dead have come from the Greek
              mythology or one of the other mythologies? Possibly. Could I point to a
              specific one? Not anymore. The Realms are the Realms and the Blood are the
              Blood. It's being able to see that whole tapestry that's important to me now,
              not the individual threads that had started the weaving.

              Anne
            • Tati2072@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 1, 1999
                In a message dated 06/01/1999 6:56:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                LDragun@... writes:

                > I like how the gods are just powerful
                > humans

                I think that that is part of the problem that I have with them. Why in the
                hell am I going to worship you if you are just as big a brat or fuck up as I
                am? No thank you!

                Tatianna
              • LDragun@xxx.xxx
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 2, 1999
                  In a message dated 6/1/99 9:09:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Tati2072@...
                  writes:

                  > I think that that is part of the problem that I have with them. Why in the
                  > hell am I going to worship you if you are just as big a brat or fuck up as
                  >
                  > am? No thank you!
                  >
                  > Tatianna

                  I don't think that they were nearly as messed up as humans...Look at
                  what happened to the powerful gods? I mean, who'd want to worship the Greek
                  ones? They sucked, were petty...Hell, they were worse then the Vampire
                  Council in Laurell's books...If they make a mistake, they learn from it, if
                  they never make a mistake, they never learn...