new members

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 14, 2000
      It's come to my attention that several people have recently joined the
      ShadowRealms list. So, to all of you, welcome.

      Anne
    • wolf
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 14, 2000
        Well, since I'm being dragged out of hiding I may as well introduce
        myself. :) My name is Matt, I'm 25, and live in Boulder, CO. I just
        recently read the trilogy at the behest of my girlfriend. She's been
        reading the books over and over until Queen finally came out at which
        point she gave them to me. I would love to have read them sooner but
        I've learned that the best way to avoid the frustration of waiting is
        not to read any of the books until the series is complete (which is why
        I havn't read past book 5 of Wheel of Time) :) Anyways, I have to say
        that this is the best series I've ever read, and Anne, you've become my
        new favorite author *grin* (not butt kissing I swear :) I've already
        purchased one of the anthologies and am impatiently waiting for the
        other 3 to arrive on Wednesday. I also may have discovered a couple of
        old magazines Ms. Bishop has stories in. 2AM Magazine issues #13 and
        18? Is that you? :) Are there any other mags that we can find you in
        because I love tracking stuff like that down. :)

        Well, I think that's quite enough of an introduction for now. I'm
        currently trying to work my way through the archives since I don't want
        to ask any questions that may have already been answered. However,
        prepare to be bombarded with questions as soon as I'm done. *grin*

        Matt

        Kaeleer@... wrote:

        > From: Kaeleer@...
        >
        > It's come to my attention that several people have recently joined the
        >
        > ShadowRealms list. So, to all of you, welcome.
        >
        > Anne--

        ICQ: 3199233

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 15, 2000
          Matt wrote:

          << I also may have discovered a couple of
          old magazines Ms. Bishop has stories in. 2AM Magazine issues #13 and
          18? Is that you? :) Are there any other mags that we can find you in
          because I love tracking stuff like that down. :)

          Welcome, Matt. I can't confirm the issue numbers, but I did have stories in
          2AM a couple of times. Other magazines? Hmm. There was a story in Figment
          magazine. There were some others, but I can't think of the magazines' names
          offhand.

          Anne
        • wolf
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 15, 2000
            Kaeleer@... wrote:

            > Welcome, Matt. I can't confirm the issue numbers, but I did have
            > stories in 2AM a couple of times. Other magazines? Hmm. There was a
            > story in Figment magazine. There were some others, but I can't think
            > of the magazines' names offhand.
            >
            > Anne

            Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to pestering this list for
            a long time to come. :) Since it's definitely you in 2AM Magazine it's
            issues 13 and 18. I've actually tracked down a copy of 18 if the person
            selling it will get back to me that is. I'll have to look into Figment
            and see if I can find an issue number. If you ever do get a chance (I
            can only imagine how busy you're schedule is) I'd love to have a list of
            all the mags/books/etc your work has appeared in... OK, OK, I'll stop
            pestering now. :) But I'd just like to say that I've never been this
            obsessive over a writer's work before. Just thought you'd like to know
            you've got a fan for life. (/end fanboy mode) *grin*

            Matt

          • Adenike Akitoye
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 17, 2000
              > Well, since I'm being dragged out of hiding I may as well introduce
              > myself. :) My name is Matt, I'm 25, and live in Boulder, CO. I just
              > recently read the trilogy at the behest of my girlfriend. She's been
              > reading the books over and over until Queen finally came out at which
              > point she gave them to me. I would love to have read them sooner but
              > I've learned that the best way to avoid the frustration of waiting is
              > not to read any of the books until the series is complete (which is why
              > I havn't read past book 5 of Wheel of Time) :) Anyways, I have to say
              > that this is the best series I've ever read, and Anne, you've become my
              > new favorite author *grin* (not butt kissing I swear :) I've already
              > purchased one of the anthologies and am impatiently waiting for the
              > other 3 to arrive on Wednesday. I also may have discovered a couple of
              > old magazines Ms. Bishop has stories in. 2AM Magazine issues #13 and
              > 18? Is that you? :) Are there any other mags that we can find you in
              > because I love tracking stuff like that down. :)

              > Matt

              Hello!!!!!!!!!! It's nice to met you Matt!!! Well, I understand what you
              are syaing about the series and a lack of completeion but I woudl never be
              able to do that. Considering I am sitll workign on the habit of reading the
              last book first or halfway through the series and then working back from
              there. Next, you will never finish the Wheel of Time series cause Jordan
              will never finish the bluidy things. We will find the unfinished texts in
              his effects after he dies and some good person will finish it finally. If
              you want a series that is good but the books come out more often than
              Jordan', try David Weber's Honor Harrington serie sif you haven't started
              already, book 9 comes out in March, yay!!!! hey, if you want to send like I
              dunno, a scanned page of her stories that you have, since I havne't been
              able to find them, I would be extremely grateful. :)
              Nikki
            • wolf
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 19, 2000
                DAMNIT!!! Don't say that about Jordan! If that bastards dies before he
                finished the series I'll kill him! :) But I suppose if he did I just
                wouldn't read the books at all. The last book in that series I read was
                #5 so I've long since gotten over the desire to continue. I just find
                it's less painful to wait especially if you don't pick up book one until
                the last one comes out. This way you won't know what you're missing so
                if it sucks you don't read any more, but if it's good you don't have all
                that frustration of WAITING!!! I'd have driven myself completely and
                totally insane if I'd had to wait for Anne's books. *grin*. So
                anyways... This David Weber series, is it finished??? :)

                Matt

                P.S. I'd be happy to scan the stories for you if I can ever get the
                magazines that contain them... I thought I'd found someone on ebay to
                buy one of them but I guess he can't be bothered to write me back. Oh
                well, if he doesn't want my money I'm sure there's someone else who'll
                take it. Now I just have to find them... :)

                --
                ICQ: 3199233
              • Adenike Akitoye
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 21, 2000
                  > From: wolf <mreynolds3@...>
                  >
                  > DAMNIT!!! Don't say that about Jordan! If that bastards dies before he
                  > finished the series I'll kill him! :) But I suppose if he did I just
                  > wouldn't read the books at all. The last book in that series I read was
                  > #5 so I've long since gotten over the desire to continue. I just find
                  > it's less painful to wait especially if you don't pick up book one until
                  > the last one comes out. This way you won't know what you're missing so
                  > if it sucks you don't read any more, but if it's good you don't have all
                  > that frustration of WAITING!!! I'd have driven myself completely and
                  > totally insane if I'd had to wait for Anne's books. *grin*. So
                  > anyways... This David Weber series, is it finished??? :)
                  >
                  > Matt
                  I know I know I know the feeling. He does not stop, he refuses, absolutely
                  refuses to finish anthign and then it takes him the entire freaking book to
                  go over the happenings of a month or less!! How the hell does he do this.
                  It's taken him 8 books to get through 3 freaking years, not even !!!! I
                  haven't really counted but I get the sense that he has only covered a bit
                  less than a year. I know it was more but still!!!! I am still there
                  because I need to know what happens, hell I ahve changed the sotry to fit my
                  tastes and it's over already. The people I want alive are alive and th
                  eones I want dead are dead and everythign is happening the way I want it.
                  Tolkien, the grand master himself did not take 8 f--king books to get to the
                  point. Well, we almost went insane waiting for Queen, and it wasn't so much
                  the wait, but Anne torturing us with little tidbits here and there and then
                  hiding away from us. Some people!!! Now, the thing is, David Weber's
                  series is not finished yet, not Honor Harrington at least. you know what I
                  am saying. He is an extremely prolific writer so he has got a lot of stuff
                  out that's finished. But there are quite a few things that he needs to
                  finish, but not yet, blast him!! Honor Harrington is going to be in book 9
                  in MArch, mind you Book 8 only just came out in paperbacl a few months ago
                  and the hardcover came out in Oct or Nov of 98. He is better than Jordan in
                  that he comes out fast and good. adn hell, his book are as thick or thicker
                  than Jordan's. Better quality too. And in that time he has come out with
                  2 other books. The man can write, I encourage you to read. I do!!! I
                  know you can find those stories and bless you if you do!!!
                  Nikki
                • wolf
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 22, 2000
                    Heh, I know what you mean. I've only read through book 5 and if I
                    remember correctly only a year and a half had passed in the story. I
                    think even that was only because he took a 6 month leap. I actually
                    really like the story and like the fact that so little time passes. It
                    leaves a lot less room for questions about what happened in the five
                    year gaps between books *grin*. Jordan just needs to write a hell of a
                    lot faster instead of taking the "I'm the best writer in the world"
                    attitude and taking his sweet ass time. As far as Tolkien goes he may
                    not have taken 8 books but he took almost as long to get them out. Did
                    you know the Lord of the Rings was supposed to by 6 books? I saw a
                    collection of them last time I was at B&N. They were packaged in the
                    format Tolkien wanted them in the first place. Anyways, just a bit of
                    trivia I thought I'd throw out. :) If David Weber is that good I may
                    have to check him out. Although probably not the Honor Harrington
                    series since it's not completed. That's brings up a question however...
                    is it ever going to be completed or is it one of those open ended series
                    that may or may not end? Because if that is the case maybe I will check
                    it out. Otherwise I'll see about finding some of his "finished"
                    stories. :)

                    Oh yeah, that guy I was supposed to get that issues of 2am magazine from
                    finally wrote me back. I sent off the money yesterday so hopefully I'll
                    have it in a couple of weeks. Now we just have to wait... Seems like
                    that's becoming a habit with Anne's work. *grin*. That is, of course,
                    meant in a good way. :)

                    Matt

                    --
                    ICQ: 3199233
                    http://wolf.cyril.com
                  • tarnished_unicorn69
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 18, 2005
                      Hello Angelica and Desiree
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 13, 2007
                        We want to welcome all the new members who transferred over from the other
                        list! :)

                        One of the things on this list we try and follow...
                        when you reply to a message, please just leave 3-4 lines and remove all the
                        Yahoo ads etc.
                        In other words, please watch your quoting :)

                        Also, if a message is offtopic (not relating to sf/fantasy authors etc.)
                        please put OT: in the subject line. It helps those who don't want to read
                        anything but messages that relate to books.

                        I think everything else is pretty much covered in the welcome message y'all
                        get when you join the list....any questions, please ask!

                        Kandra & BJ