Crystal Singer...

  • Tati2072@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 12 , May 29, 1999
      Oh my goodness! I haven't thought of those books in years! :) I don't really have any great love for Ms. McCaffrey, can't seem to get into her stuff... Except for these books, I recently sent all my McCaffrey stuff, Piers Anthony and a handful of other stuff to this used bookstore that I just found. I did keep the Incarnation series by Anthony and the three Killshandra books by McCaffrey... :) Hey, I like them! :)

      Has anyone read the Tiger and Del books by Jennifer Roberson? And if you did, what did you think of the latest one?

      Tatianna
    • Nicirace@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , May 29, 1999
        In a message dated 5/29/99 11:27:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        Tati2072@... writes:

        << Has anyone read the Tiger and Del books by Jennifer Roberson? And if you
        did, what did you think of the latest one?

        Tatianna >>
        Ohhhh...mention of Jennifer Roberson sent me running to my bookselves! She
        wrote the greatest series called "Chronicles of the Chesuli" about
        shape-shifters. It had approximately 9 or 10 books total. It's the only thing
        I've read my her...but now I just started reading book 1 again....I will
        never get to my stack of unread books if this keeps up!

        ~Nici
        Message 3 of 12 , May 29, 1999
          In a message dated 99-05-29 11:27:13 EDT, Tatianna said:

          << Has anyone read the Tiger and Del books by Jennifer Roberson? And if you
          did, what did you think of the latest one?

          I read the first four and enjoyed them. I tended to like Tiger better than
          Del. Haven't had a chance to read the newest one. Can't imagine why. <g>

          Anne
        • Tati2072@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , May 29, 1999
            I do that all the time! :) Nici you have to break out of that habit! Do
            what I do! ;) (I can see Kandra shuddering as I open my mouth)

            Read 2 or 3 of them at a time... New ones go in your purse, so when you are
            out and about you read them...

            A favorite old classic by your bed, just in case the new one doesn't do it
            for you...

            And another one by the couch!

            Tatianna
          • Tati2072@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , May 29, 1999
              In a message dated 05/29/1999 11:36:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
              Kaeleer@... writes:

              > I read the first four and enjoyed them. I tended to like Tiger better than
              > Del. Haven't had a chance to read the newest one. Can't imagine why. <g>
              >
              > Anne

              Hmm... Wonder... Wonder... Wonder... :)

              Oh I know! Because you have more on your plate than any 3 people I know!

              Tatianna

              I have to reread the older volumes, I can't seem to get into the newest.
            • Catriona
              Message 6 of 12 , May 29, 1999
                From: Tati2072@...
                Date sent: Sat, 29 May 1999 14:41:53 EDT
                To: ShadowRealms@onelist.com
                Send reply to: ShadowRealms@onelist.com
                Subject: Re: [ShadowRealms] Crystal Singer...

                > From: Tati2072@...
                >
                > I do that all the time! :) Nici you have to break out of that habit! Do
                > what I do! ;) (I can see Kandra shuddering as I open my mouth)
                >
                > Read 2 or 3 of them at a time... New ones go in your purse, so when you are
                > out and about you read them...
                >
                > A favorite old classic by your bed, just in case the new one doesn't do it
                > for you...
                >
                > And another one by the couch!
                >
                > Tatianna

                And of course there is the true mark of a civilized person - the
                bookshelf in the toilet! :)

                Trina
                ---------------------------------------
                Nexis Handcrafted Jewellery
                http://www.nexis-jewellery.com/
                ---------------------------------------
                Snail Mail:
                171 Maple Terrace, Greenhills, East Kilbride.
                Glasgow G75 9EH. Scotland. UK
                Tel: (UK) (0)1355 901884
              • Catriona
                Message 7 of 12 , May 29, 1999
                  From: Kaeleer@...
                  Date sent: Sat, 29 May 1999 11:36:38 EDT
                  To: ShadowRealms@onelist.com
                  Send reply to: ShadowRealms@onelist.com

                  > From: Kaeleer@...
                  >
                  > In a message dated 99-05-29 11:27:13 EDT, Tatianna said:
                  >
                  > << Has anyone read the Tiger and Del books by Jennifer Roberson? And if you
                  > did, what did you think of the latest one?
                  > >>

                  > I read the first four and enjoyed them. I tended to like Tiger better than
                  > Del. Haven't had a chance to read the newest one. Can't imagine why. <g>
                  >
                  > Anne

                  Ditto for me on that one - though the fact that I haven't been able to
                  find a copy of the last book might have a tad to do with it. Not that
                  I'm that bothered as I think the series could pretty well wrap itself
                  up with the fourth book, I don't see much need for a fifth.

                  Trina
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 29, 1999
                    In a message dated 5/29/99 5:20:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                    claurie@... writes:

                    << And of course there is the true mark of a civilized person - the
                    bookshelf in the toilet! :)

                    Trina >>
                    ROFL!!!!!!!!! ::raising hand timidly:: GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    ~Nici
                  • Tati2072@xxx.xxx
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 29, 1999
                      In a message dated 05/29/1999 5:20:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                      claurie@... writes:

                      > And of course there is the true mark of a civilized person - the
                      > bookshelf in the toilet! :)
                      >
                      > Trina

                      Well that proves it, civilization passed me right on by... You can't talk to
                      me while I am on the pot and I can't read a book... I am not male enough it
                      seems!

                      Tatianna

                      (How in the hell did we get here!)
                    • Dianora2@xxx.xxx
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 31, 1999
                        In a message dated 5/29/99 11:27:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                        Tati2072@... writes:

                        << Has anyone read the Tiger and Del books by Jennifer Roberson? And if you
                        did, what did you think of the latest one? >>

                        I love the Tiger and Del books. This latest one took a while to get into,
                        but once I did I enjoyed it a great deal. I agree with whoever said (Anne?)
                        that another book wasn't really necessary to round out the series, but this
                        is more of a standalone adventure than anything else. It's good fun, just
                        like the older books. IMO, anyway. :)

                        --Dia
                      • Tati2072@xxx.xxx
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 31, 1999
                          You know Dia...

                          I had the same problem with the newest Tiger and Del book... :) Couldn't
                          get into it... I had to reread the other books to get back into the swing of
                          things...

                          Tatianna
                        • Kaeleer@xxx.xxx
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 31, 1999
                            << I agree with whoever said (Anne?)
                            that another book wasn't really necessary to round out the series, >>

                            Nope, wasn't me. I haven't had a chance to read it yet.