Hello

  • Nicirace@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 108 , May 21, 1999
      Hi all. I just joined the list a day ago and have finally managed to find the
      time to introduce myself. I'm an avid reader of fantasy, especially dark
      fantasy. My favourite author is Laurell K. Hamilton. While waiting for the
      newest book in her Anita Blake series to come out I got hooked on Anne
      Bishop's series and Sharon Shinn's series as well. Now I'm eagerly awaiting
      Anne's new book...I love books that have continuing story lines and
      characters that you can literally "see" in your head. When the writing's
      really good, the story is almost like a movie in my head.

      I'm a writer myself and have just finished my first book, an alternative
      history fantasy where magic is real and vampires and the occult are
      commonplace. I'm currently editing it. I've been working on the novel for 2
      years and am scared to death of sending it out until it's absolutely perfect.

      I read about 3-5 books a week. I was the kid that always had a flashlight
      under the covers and was reading when I was supposed to be sleeping!!! Books
      have always been my refuge. I discovered Marion Zimmer Bradley and then
      Tanith Lee and literally have every book they have ever written during the
      golden age of Daw Books. Later I got heavily into Harlan Ellison and Ray
      Bradbury, Chelsea Quinn Yarbo, Nancy Collins Fred Saberhagen, Louise Cooper,
      Piers Anthony. I could go on an on....but I'd hate to bore you guys and get
      banned from the list!!!

      Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble.

      ~Nici
    • Danielle Lane