Re: [anne_bishop] Written in Red

  • Amy Harlib
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2012
      aharlib@...
      Wow - can't wait to read this exciting new direction for Anne. Great cover!
      Anne, do you think the artist captured the character the way you imagined
      her?
      Cheers!
      Amy in NYC, lifelong lover of SF & F.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2012
        Yes, he did. In the story, Meg dyed her hair red as a disguise, and it
        didn't work correctly (Simon says her hair looks like old blood and orange
        peels). Editor and I decided that would look weird on the cover and went with
        Meg's natural black hair. So I really like the streaks of red the artist put
        in that acknowledges the dye job but doesn't detract from the rest of the
        picture.

        Anne

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2012
          aharlib@...
          Wow! Awesome new direction.

          I love the parallel world concept, very close to our own technologically,
          but refreshingly different with The Others and the humans in uneasy
          co-existence.

          Can't wait for the whole novel about Meg and Simon, et al.

          Cheers!
          Amy