FB page needs someone to comment

  • Adrienne Roehrich
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 18, 2011
      Hello fellow Anne-fans.

      Please, please, please somebody go to the facebook fanpage and dis-illusion
      the person asking if these books are anything like Twilight of the notion.
      As administrator I cannot and I can barely resist the snarky response: "What
      makes you think these are anything like Twilight? Twilight's Dawn harkens
      back to 1999 in these novels, the reference of which you need to read these
      books to understand. One work in the title does not a similar book make,
      just as one would not think Lord of the Rings and Lord of the Flies are
      alike." And I'll stop now before I completely rant on this site and devolve
      into a character attack.

      Adrienne

      --
      Adrienne M. Roehrich, Ph.D.
      Research Associate

      amr0311@...

    • Traci Dirom
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 18, 2011
        done and done. I hope in a non-snarky way, after all as fans of Anne we should be promoting her, not dissing new people who want to start reading her. :)

        To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 18, 2011
          I agree. Thanks so much. Your response is well done. I'm in much too cranky
          of a mood and it was taking a lot of will power to not leave a response.
          What held me back is the fact that as admin, it looks as though Anne is
          posting to some people and I'd never want to post something that would come
          across as Anne being snarky. My snark is my own. :)

          On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Traci Dirom <Trips88@...> wrote:

          > done and done. I hope in a non-snarky way, after all as fans of Anne we
          > should be promoting her, not dissing new people who want to start reading
          > her. :)
          >

          > To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com
          > From: aroehrich@...
          > Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 13:27:46 -0700
          > Subject: [ShadowRealms] FB page needs someone to comment
          >

          > Hello fellow Anne-fans.
          >
          > Please, please, please somebody go to the facebook fanpage and dis-illusion
          > the person asking if these books are anything like Twilight of the notion.
          > As administrator I cannot and I can barely resist the snarky response:
          > "What
          > makes you think these are anything like Twilight? Twilight's Dawn harkens
          > back to 1999 in these novels, the reference of which you need to read these
          > books to understand. One work in the title does not a similar book make,
          > just as one would not think Lord of the Rings and Lord of the Flies are
          > alike." And I'll stop now before I completely rant on this site and devolve
          > into a character attack.
          >
          > Adrienne
          >
          > --
          > Adrienne M. Roehrich, Ph.D.
          > Research Associate
          > Drobny Lab
          > Department of Chemistry
          > University of Washington
          > Seattle, WA
          >
          > amr0311@...

          Adrienne M. Roehrich, Ph.D.
          Research Associate
          Drobny Lab
          Department of Chemistry
          University of Washington
          Seattle, WA

          amr0311@...

        • Jacqui
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 18, 2011
            I left a little note on there too :) hopefully to inspire to read one of the best authors I have ever read :)

            Also VERY excited about the new book coming. Can't wait to see what you do next!
            We love you Anne : D

            Sent from my iPad

          • Elizabeth Schechter
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 18, 2011
              Could someone post a link to the fanpage?

              Elizabeth Schechter
              http://ladysmith.livejournal.com/

              You are the people.
              You are this season's people -