Re: Looking for a new author to read........

  • silverraven81
    Message 1 of 12 , May 5 9:37 AM
      If you like werecreatures and romance... and have no objections to some steamy scenes, C.L. Bevill has an awesome Trilogy. It's called the Moon Trilogy, and you can get it Free for a Nook or PC on Barnes & Noble's website.
    • Tina Loflin
      Message 2 of 12 , May 7 4:36 PM
        *Dear Jacqui,
        Kitty is right, Kim Harrison's novels are wonderful. Start with "Dead Witch
        Walking," and go from there.
        Another great series is The Raine Benares series. Look it up--it's
        wonderful. I also love Tamora Pierce's novels: The Protector of the Small
        Series, and others.
        Try also Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden novels. I love Darry Dresden.
        And--for something gritty and modern--try the Stieg Larsson trilogy: THE
        GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE, and THE GIRL
        WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST...I've read all three, and I loved them. What
        makes me sad is Stieg Larsson, the author of the books, died suddenly of a
        heart attack[?](so sad), so, unless his family and girlfriend release his
        unwritten manuscripts, there won't be no more....
        Try these books, they are wonderful!
        Peace,
        Tina
        *
        On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:50 PM, <kittynipaddict@...> wrote:

        > Hey Jacqui. Have you read any of Kim Harrison's work? I love her books. The
        > Rachel Morgan/Hollows series is great.
        > -Kitty

        live, love, laugh

      • Amber
        Message 3 of 12 , May 7 5:59 PM
          Hi Jacqui,

          Aside from Anne, Patricia Briggs, & Laurell K. Hamilton I've enjoyed reading Karen Marie Moning's Fever series, Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniels novels, & I just finished reading a new author that I really liked- Allison Pang. Of course I've read many more books than just theirs, but they are some of my favorites. :)

          *Amber

          Message 4 of 12 , May 7 7:54 PM
            There is also Nalini Singh's Psy/Changling series.

          • Sherry R. Glover
            Message 5 of 12 , May 11 4:54 PM
              Hey Jacqui, have you tried P.C. Hodgell?  She's not well known, as she's had some publishing house issues, but her books are awesome, I discovered her in middle school and have been stalking her for books for the last 20 years wanting more.  I believe Baen has republished them all, start with the Godstalker Chronicles, it is her first 2 books put into one and ignore the cover art...the art is horrible and doesn't really represent the books at all.