Re: [ShadowRealms] Looking for a new author to read........

  • Luz Ascencio
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 30, 2011
          The Green Rider series by Kristen Britain is a very good series. It is about
      magic/kingdom and all the deficulties that go with it.. There are currently 4
      books in the series. Although I have to warn you the 4th one is positively cruel
      to the readers.. It lets you hanging horribly..

          Another good series is Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey. This series
      is about civilazation and evolution and its cycle, you could say. It starts
      with dragons fighting "Thread" a silvery rain that once it gets to the earth it
      devors all oxygen living organisms. Plants, Animals, preatty much anything. The
      dragons of course burn it in the sky. What's funny about it is that this
      civilization is pretty prehistoric you could say since there is no tecnology,
      but it comes from such an advance civilization in tecnology that was able to
      create dragons to fight the threat. They pretty much have forgotten where they
      came from. They are not originally from that planet.

          IF YOU ARE INTO VAMPIRE KINDA BOOKS THERE ARE A FEW SERIES LIKE, VAMPIRE
      ACADEMY. ALSO MY SISTERS A WEREWOLF SERIES BY KATHY LOVE, WHICH IS KIN OF
      SEXUAL.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2011
        Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series. Have an open mind. <3
        Carrie Vaughn's Kitty series (werewolves)

        Message 3 of 12 , May 5, 2011
          If you like werecreatures and romance... and have no objections to some steamy scenes, C.L. Bevill has an awesome Trilogy. It's called the Moon Trilogy, and you can get it Free for a Nook or PC on Barnes & Noble's website.
        • Tina Loflin
          Message 4 of 12 , May 7, 2011
            *Dear Jacqui,
            Kitty is right, Kim Harrison's novels are wonderful. Start with "Dead Witch
            Walking," and go from there.
            Another great series is The Raine Benares series. Look it up--it's
            wonderful. I also love Tamora Pierce's novels: The Protector of the Small
            Series, and others.
            Try also Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden novels. I love Darry Dresden.
            And--for something gritty and modern--try the Stieg Larsson trilogy: THE
            GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE, and THE GIRL
            WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST...I've read all three, and I loved them. What
            makes me sad is Stieg Larsson, the author of the books, died suddenly of a
            heart attack[?](so sad), so, unless his family and girlfriend release his
            unwritten manuscripts, there won't be no more....
            Try these books, they are wonderful!
            Peace,
            Tina
            *
            On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:50 PM, <kittynipaddict@...> wrote:

            > Hey Jacqui. Have you read any of Kim Harrison's work? I love her books. The
            > Rachel Morgan/Hollows series is great.
            > -Kitty

            live, love, laugh

          • Amber
            Message 5 of 12 , May 7, 2011
              Hi Jacqui,

              Aside from Anne, Patricia Briggs, & Laurell K. Hamilton I've enjoyed reading Karen Marie Moning's Fever series, Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniels novels, & I just finished reading a new author that I really liked- Allison Pang. Of course I've read many more books than just theirs, but they are some of my favorites. :)

              *Amber

              Message 6 of 12 , May 7, 2011
                There is also Nalini Singh's Psy/Changling series.

              • Sherry R. Glover
                Message 7 of 12 , May 11, 2011
                  Hey Jacqui, have you tried P.C. Hodgell?  She's not well known, as she's had some publishing house issues, but her books are awesome, I discovered her in middle school and have been stalking her for books for the last 20 years wanting more.  I believe Baen has republished them all, start with the Godstalker Chronicles, it is her first 2 books put into one and ignore the cover art...the art is horrible and doesn't really represent the books at all.