Re: [ShadowRealms] Just...Wow (Possible spoilers)

    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 6, 2011
      I'm glad you enjoyed it. Happy birthday!

      Anne

      In a message dated 3/6/2011 1:24:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      magewyntyr@... writes:

      This has been a wonderful birthday present for me.

    • bmcnichol@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 6, 2011
        From: "magewyntyr" <magewyntyr@...>

        I had read a small spoiler on Amazon that left me a tad bit wary, but now that I've read High Lord's Daughter, I see that everything fit nicely.

        I don't know what the spoiler was but if anyone had suggested the story would end the way it did before I read it then I would not have like the idea. But having read it it all seems right.

      • Rose Wink
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 6, 2011
          *SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER
          SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER
          SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER
          SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE**SPOLIER SPACE*

          I lost my husband this year, and read High Lord's Daughter in the flight
          back down to his home town to take his ashes out into the ocean on his
          birthday. I bawled on the airplane LOL, fortunatly it was a night flight so
          everyone was asleep and I didn't have to explain. the story was
          awesome...and I know exactly how Daemon feels, that dream could have been
          one I've had.

        • deni_jms
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 6, 2011

            Ok I hope that is enough space. I must say that the book on a whole was great very much with the characters and storylines but just me I personally was upset that Surreal and Daemon got together.I know what Janelle said and get the whole explaination but well it just seems like this was going to always happen and I think that it just made it seem like Surreal was waiting for Daemon. She loved him and Janelle so she wanted both and got it. Maybe I'm just overly critical I always liked Janelle and Daemon and that is it. Surreal and Rainier were my second favorite and that is what I wanted
            --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, bmcnichol@... wrote:

            > From: "magewyntyr" <magewyntyr@...>
            >

            > I had read a small spoiler on Amazon that left me a tad bit wary, but now that I've read High Lord's Daughter, I see that everything fit nicely.
            >
            > I don't know what the spoiler was but if anyone had suggested the story would end the way it did before I read it then I would not have like the idea. But having read it it all seems right.

          • Denese Peebles
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 6, 2011
              With Daemon being from a long lived race, it would be cruel for him to never
              know love again. And, who better than someone who loved Jaenelle and could
              respect his grief. I think Surreal and Daemon were perfect. Than you, Anne.

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 6, 2011
                My sympathy for your loss.

                Anne

                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 6, 2011
                  Just to let you know... I'm reading all your comments, but since I'm
                  trying to take a little downtime, I'm not replying to all of them. Downtime is a
                  concept I have a little trouble with. :)

                • deni_jms
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 6, 2011
                    I know that and even loved the story it was like coming back full circle from Daughter of the Blood to the High Lord's Daughter like I said I'm being overly critical and selfish just really like J&D but will concede and say glad that Surreal is happy and Daemon. Now all we need is Daemonar's story and lil Janelle too. Great stories Anne as always.
                    --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Denese Peebles <childofki@...> wrote:

                    > With Daemon being from a long lived race, it would be cruel for him to never
                    > know love again. And, who better than someone who loved Jaenelle and could
                    > respect his grief. I think Surreal and Daemon were perfect. Than you, Anne.
                    >
                    > On Mar 6, 2011 4:47 PM, "deni_jms" <deni_jms@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > Ok I hope that is enough space. I must say that the book on a whole was
                    > great very much with the characters and storylines but just me I personally
                    > was upset that Surreal and Daemon got together.I know what Janelle said and
                    > get the whole explaination but well it just seems like this was going to
                    > always happen and I think that it just made it seem like Surreal was waiting
                    > for Daemon. She loved him and Janelle so she wanted both and got it. Maybe
                    > I'm just overly critical I always liked Janelle and Daemon and that is it.
                    > Surreal and Rainier were my second favorite and that is what I wanted
                    > --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, bmcnichol@ wrote:
                    > >
                    > > From: "magewyntyr" <magewyntyr@>
                    >

                    > > I had read a small spoiler on Amazon that left me a tad bit wary, but now
                    > that I've...

                  • Dana
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 6, 2011
                      LOL! I have the same problem and the only way I found I could get any
                      downtime was to go somewhere where I had no choice but to disconnect. For
                      me, it was Jamaica, a lower-end resort with no wi-fi, just me and my
                      daughter and miles of beach. Definitely good for a re-charge!

                      On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 5:58 PM, <Kaeleer@...> wrote:

                      > Just to let you know... I'm reading all your comments, but since I'm
                      > trying to take a little downtime, I'm not replying to all of them. Downtime
                      > is a
                      > concept I have a little trouble with. :)

                      And whether or not it is clear to you,
                      no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
                      -From the Desiderata

                      O Coffee! Thou dost dispel all care,
                      thou are the object of desire to the scholar.
                      This is the beverage of the friends of God.
                      -- In Praise of Coffee, Arabic poem (1511)

                    • Jessica Secret
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 6, 2011

                        I loved how real the stories seemed, how people face real loss and how life goes on after.  I loved little Jaenelle she was so cute to read.  I'll never be fully satisfied, because i wish the stories could go on forever, I never get tired of these characters, I'm always wanting more.  I seriously laughed out loud when Daemon abruptly decided, "We'll be married a week from tomorrow", the second he found out Surreal was pregnant.  Out of the blue and so bossy, I can imagine what Surreal was thinking, "What??". Laughed Out Loud. I love it.-Jessica

                      • Soli
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 8, 2011
                          And now that I have finished the book

                          That should block enough and I will try not to drop spoilers.

                          How is it, knowing this would be the last book, that I finally start
                          figuring out what other stories I'd like to read? Like something about
                          priestesses who are not corrupt. More about the Widow's craft. Tales
                          from the other realms of Kaeleer, like Dea al Mon. Some more details
                          about Tereille. More history of the Dhemlans and Hayllians.

                          But omfg I could not have imagined during Daughter, and that scene
                          from when Surreal and Daemon had their falling out, that this might
                          come at the end!

                          Maybe someday.

                          Thanks for all the stories Anne. I'm glad I've been able to push a
                          bunch of readers your way.

                          Soli

                          --
                          one long, shining thread of coincidence
                          quantumbutterfly@...
                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 8, 2011
                            You're welcome. And thanks for the new readers.

                            Just remember -- finished for now isn't forever. :)

                            Anne

                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 8, 2011
                              And that, Anne, is something I am holding on to.

                              *****SPOILER*******

                              I blubbered like a big old baby most of the way through The Highlord's
                              Daughter. I love Daemon and Surreal together. I loved them every story you
                              graced us with. It brought things to a conclusion without bringing them to
                              an end.

                              I am also glad that I have been able to share your wonderful stories with so
                              many friends. Although, I have received a bit of a cussing when they stayed
                              up reading all night.

                              Your stories are magnificent, and the worlds you share are glorious.

                              Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

                              *D*
                              The best time to laugh in life
                              is any time you can. -- Beulah Randles

                              On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:42 PM, <Kaeleer@...> wrote:

                              > You're welcome. And thanks for the new readers.
                              >
                              > Just remember -- finished for now isn't forever. :)
                              >
                              > Anne
                              >

                              > In a message dated 3/8/2011 4:17:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                              > quantumbutterfly@... writes:
                              >
                              > Thanks for all the stories Anne. I'm glad I've been able to push a
                              > bunch of readers your way.

                            • Dawn Charbonneau
                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 5 8:20 AM
                                I tend to get on these discussions late because I end up picking my way very
                                slowly through new books. So please bear with me in this late response!
                                Haha.

                                Lots of spoilers below...

                                Wow... I'm... I don't even know where to begin. Of course, all the stories
                                leading up to High Lord's Daughter were wonderful. Daemon learned a lesson
                                about being a husband. Falonar turned out to be much more of a jerk than I
                                had anticipated (too bad he invoked the Sadist's wrath! Hah). And Sylvia and
                                Saetan finally found happiness together.

                                High Lord's Daughter was what I, personally, was looking forward to the
                                most; and it definitely did not disappoint.

                                The romance of Jaenelle and Daemon spanned over most of her life. It had its
                                wonderful moments, sexy moments, sad moments, warm fuzzy moments... But we
                                all knew that Daemon would outlive Jaenelle. And as Denese said, "it would
                                be cruel for him to never know love again."

                                But even so, it was so surreal to see a jump in the story, then find a
                                reference that Daemon had slept with a woman. And it was said so casually,
                                as if it were the most normal thing in the world. I read that part three
                                times before I could go on. Haha! I had the impression from the previous
                                books that Daemon hated women. And if not hated, tolerated. So Jaenelle
                                enabled him to come a long way.

                                And after listening to my audio book of Daughter, and going back to that
                                part where Daemon took care of Surreal and Titian, how it was Surreal who
                                was always there with him to protect Jaenelle, and protect him, even when
                                she wanted to bolt, I found that their hooking up was just -perfect-. And
                                really, about damn time!

                                And finally, about Saetan passing... We knew this was coming as well. But I
                                was disappointed in how anticlimactic it was. I wonder if it was written to
                                help ease us, the readers, through his passing instead of being poignant
                                like I sort of expected it might be. We practically began the story in his
                                study, as the invalid ruler. It's too bad we didn't get to see things from
                                his perspective, a reflection of things, of his life, before he passed.

                                All in all, I loved the stories. This was a wonderful run, and I thank you
                                Anne for dedicating so much of your time to sharing them with us.

                                "Just remember -- finished for now isn't forever." -I truly hope so!!
                                Looking forward to whatever comes from the muse next. :)

                                Now, off to read that essay!

                                -Dawn