Shalador's Lady question

  • Talira
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 14, 2010
      Hi

      I have a question about Shalador's Lady:

      SPOILER

      SPOILER

      SPOILER

      SPOILER

      SPOILER

      What happened to Falanor? (and forgive me if I didn't spell his name right) The book makes reference to him having betrayed Lucivar and or Daemon, but I don't remember anything in the books that tell us what happened to him after he and Surreal broke up and he wanted to be with one of the Eyrien healers.

      thanks

      Nancy

      "If we don't change our direction, we're going to wind up where we're headed."
      -- Native American proverb

    • Traci Dirom
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 14, 2010
        SORT OF SPOILER

        SORT OF SPOILER

        SORT OF SPOILER

        SORT OF SPOILER

        SORT OF SPOILER

        Anne said that Falonar's fate would be revealed in the 2011 short story release (sounds very dreams made flesh where some stories will take place at different times).

        To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 15, 2010
          And the story is called "Shades of Honor." :)

          Anne

          In a message dated 4/15/2010 1:01:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          Trips88@... writes:

          Anne said that Falonar's fate would be revealed in the 2011 short story
          release (sounds very dreams made flesh where some stories will take place at
          different times).

        • B
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 15, 2010
            I can't wait. I suspect Falonar never appreciated Surreal as a person. I hope one day she will get the partner she really deserves.

            Kaeleer@... wrote:

            >And the story is called "Shades of Honor." :)
            >
            >Anne
            >

            >In a message dated 4/15/2010 1:01:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            >Trips88@... writes:
            >
            >Anne said that Falonar's fate would be revealed in the 2011 short story
            >release (sounds very dreams made flesh where some stories will take place at
            >different times).

          • stephen silver
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 15, 2010
              SPOILER

              SPOILER

              SPOILER

              SPOILER

              SPOILER

              Someone said that they hoped that Surreal meets someone who would appreciate her..

              From reading Shalador's Lady, I think Surreal has a person worthy of her time, and his, hers: Rainier!

            • Luz Ascencio
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 15, 2010
                Sorry to break it to you lady, but if I remember correctly Rainier is gay...
                please correct me if i'm wrong.

                ________________________________
                Someone said that they hoped that Surreal meets someone who would appreciate her..

                From reading Shalador's Lady, I think Surreal has a person worthy of her time, and his, hers: Rainier!

              • Craig Corlis
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 15, 2010
                  You're not wrong.

                  On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Luz Ascencio <lilluz3@...> wrote:

                  > Sorry to break it to you lady, but if I remember correctly Rainier is
                  > gay...
                  > please correct me if i'm wrong.

                  -----------------------------------

                  --------

                  Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past.

                  Wisdom is knowing you will be an idiot in the future.

                  Common Sense is knowing you should try not to be an idiot now.

                • Katie, Forsaken ST
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 15, 2010
                    I think the original poster is trying to say that Surreal and Rainier are suited for each other in that 'Clayton's Girlfriend' way- you know, they'll look after each other, etc, but not be sexually involved? Romantically perhaps, but not sexually.

                    Morag
                    =^..^=

                    --- On Fri, 16/4/10, Craig Corlis <corlis@...> wrote:

                    You're not wrong.

                  • Rose Wink
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 15, 2010
                      I could see Surreal and Rainier as partners in all but the bed "first
                      escort" style :-) ...and I think that Surreal at least would have no problem
                      with a relationship that didn't include any sexual connection...after all,
                      she's had plenty of experience with sexual relationships without emotion, so
                      she obviously recognises you can have one without the other.

                      I think even if there is no sexual bond, the blood males and females seem to
                      need an oposit-sex partner to balance their natures, like Karla, who had no
                      interest in men, had her cousin as First Escort to provide that male balance

                      but then again, that could be the cold meds thinking for me :-D

                    • stephen silver
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 15, 2010
                        Yeah boy, Rainier's gay. The statement that made me say that was the
                        fact that someone wished Surreal could meet someone worthy of her
                        attention and love. I think she has and that person would be Rainier.

                        Surreal made it quite clear she enjoyed Rainier's
                        company. I didn't mean to imply that they would become sexually
                        involved, but there have been stranger bedfellows out there than this.
                        All I was trying to get across was that Surreal had in Rainier a true
                        friend whom she felt comfortable being around, especially after what
                        Falonar did to her. I think that Surreal and Rainier compliment each
                        other quite well. Being gay has nothing to do with this partnership.

                        In
                        Shalador's Lady, Daemon even questioned the fact that Surreal wanted
                        Rainier to live with her. Although, it may just me that thinks this, but
                        Surreal and Rainier are a lot alike. Alike in the sense that both have
                        had it hard living. Surreal, growing up like she has and Rainier being a
                        Warlord Prince driven by the same instincts as others, coming from a
                        family that didn't really know how to deal with them. Proverbial black
                        sheeps, if you will.

                        You see a lot of these kinds of relationships
                        outside the world of fantasy...heterosexual women living with the gay
                        best friend. Why? Because most straight women feel safe with the gay man
                        as she knows she isn't going to be pressured into something she's
                        feeling hurt over.

                        That's not to say Surreal wont meet a man who deserves her. She very well may. But in the meantime, until that happens, I think she's going to be quite content attending the theater and concerts with Rainier. In Tangled Webs and we all saw how Rainier acted when he thought Daemon had hurt her feelings. Although Jaenelle holds the leash for Rainier, as she is the Living Myth and his Queen, Surreal holds that leash just as well.

                        Stephen

                      • B
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 15, 2010
                          I know she has Rainier but it isn't the same as a romantic partnership. I don't remember for sure but isn't Rainier also short lived? Surreal after her Terreillian experience and that with Falonar may be content in a platonic partnership for now but she has a long life ahead of her.

                          Rose Wink <rose.wink@...> wrote:

                          >I could see Surreal and Rainier as partners in all but the bed "first
                          >escort" style :-) ...and I think that Surreal at least would have no problem
                          >with a relationship that didn't include any sexual connection...after all,
                          >she's had plenty of experience with sexual relationships without emotion, so
                          >she obviously recognises you can have one without the other.
                          >
                          >I think even if there is no sexual bond, the blood males and females seem to
                          >need an oposit-sex partner to balance their natures, like Karla, who had no
                          >interest in men, had her cousin as First Escort to provide that male balance
                          >
                          >but then again, that could be the cold meds thinking for me :-D

                        • rchristoph

                              Message 14 of 15 , May 7 11:40 PM
                                I want to say it's pronounced 'Deena Ne-heel'. I could be wrong though!

                                Message 15 of 15 , May 8 4:50 AM
                                  Dena Nehele = DEE-nuh nah-HEEL

                                  Anne