Shaladors Lady (No Spoilers)

  • Kim Vaz
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 2 6:50 PM
      Hello Everyone

      I just wanted to say that this morning I bought Shaladors Lady. I have not
      yet opened it because I made a deal with myself that I would finish
      re-reading The Shadow Queen (which I just did).

      I am now going to read it and report back.

      That is all,

      Kim

    • Dana
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 2 6:53 PM
        So jealous!

        The bookstore here did not have our copies on hold! The clerk (who
        remembers me from many years of introducing my daughter to the joys of
        books) was rather unhappy they didn't have them in stock as the system said
        they had them.

        Hopefully we'll get them tomorrow! I was looking forward to curling up with
        a good book tonight!

        Dana

        On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Kim Vaz <kim.vaz@...> wrote:

        > Hello Everyone
        >
        > I just wanted to say that this morning I bought Shaladors Lady. I have not
        > yet opened it because I made a deal with myself that I would finish
        > re-reading The Shadow Queen (which I just did).
        >
        > I am now going to read it and report back.
        >
        > That is all,
        >
        > Kim

        And whether or not it is clear to you,
        no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
        -From the Desiderata

        O Coffee! Thou dost dispel all care,
        thou are the object of desire to the scholar.
        This is the beverage of the friends of God.
        -- In Praise of Coffee, Arabic poem (1511)

      • Kimera Stormryder
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 2 6:55 PM
          Turned my Kindle wireless on at midnight and sure enough Shalador's Lady was there by 4am. The postman has finished giving the hardcover book its traditional walking-tour of its new neighborhood, and will be available for pickup tomorrow. Thankfully I didnt have to wait until then to start reading.

          When shall we begin discussing the new book? Say in a month?

          There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force. -The Jedi Creed Embrace the Thorns along with the Rose - Kimera

          To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 2 7:05 PM
            You can discuss it at any time. Just remember to put "Spoilers" in the
            subject line and leave enough room in the message.

            Anne

            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 2 7:24 PM
              I admit without shame - I love spoilers!

              Dana

              --

            • kim.vaz@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 2 8:37 PM
                I checked Chapters ( Canadian Bookstore Chain) last night and the store near my school was showing ten copies. I felt like I won the lottery.

                So sorry to all of you who were unable to get it today and the best of luck in acquiring it.

                For those of you who have it, happy reading!

                And Dana I will try to post some spoilers (with proper spoiler protocol) soon.

                -Kim
                I admit without shame - I love spoilers!

                Dana

                On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM, <Kaeleer@...> wrote:

                > You can discuss it at any time. Just remember to put "Spoilers" in the
                > subject line and leave enough room in the message.
                >
                > Anne
                >

                > In a message dated 3/2/2010 9:58:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                > Kimera_stormryder@... writes:
                >
                > When shall we begin discussing the new book? Say in a month?

                --
                And whether or not it is clear to you,
                no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
                -From the Desiderata

                O Coffee! Thou dost dispel all care,
                thou are the object of desire to the scholar.
                This is the beverage of the friends of God.
                -- In Praise of Coffee, Arabic poem (1511)

              • vuysher
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 3 1:31 AM
                  Lucky! Amazon uk are out of stock so i'm not expecting my copy for at least another 2 weeks :(

                  Jason

                  ps can i just remind people to trim when replying to messages please, i get the digest to my a/c and it takes up quite a bit of space if ppl havent trimmed.

                  Thanks
                • Soli
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 3 3:30 AM
                    I ordered my copy on Amazon last week, and this morning I have the
                    notification that it shipped.
                    Not like I have the TIME to read right now, have a draft due for a
                    paper on Sunday on material I do not understand at all and a book
                    review the next week. Oh, grad school...

                    Soli

                    --
                    one long, shining thread of coincidence
                    quantumbutterfly@...
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 3 3:36 AM
                      I'll be picking mine up friday (payday LOL) but unfortunatly...Monday is
                      hubby's birthday so I either have to buy two copies (which is what I did
                      last year!) or I have to let him read it first :-(

                    • luvbooks
                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 3 3:49 AM
                        I got a very nice surprise. My editor (I do reviews for three zines and two blogs) sent me an ARC of the book for review purposes. She was amazed at the evil cackle she heard on the phone as she requested me to review it. Not a hardship at all to "review it". As soon as I got it there were mumblings of "it's mine...all mine...my precious" in my house. My husband is used to these things and ignored me while I had to explain to my new neighbor the wonders of this series. Neighbor = new potential person to corrupt with book addiction. Life is grand. :)
                        Shar
                        I'll post a link to the review once they go online if anyone is interested.

                      • B
                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 3 4:02 AM
                          I didn't have a chance to get to the bookstore yesterday. It was work/pick up girls/feed them and I was just tucking the little one into bed when my darling husband arrived with Shalador's lady. I didn't sleep much but I am so content. I did one reading but I need to go back and savor it. What a wonderful rollercoaster ride! I'm not going into details but Anne this was perfect, so satisfying and fitting in the end.

                          Soli <quantumbutterfly@...> wrote:

                          >I ordered my copy on Amazon last week, and this morning I have the
                          >notification that it shipped.
                          >Not like I have the TIME to read right now, have a draft due for a
                          >paper on Sunday on material I do not understand at all and a book
                          >review the next week. Oh, grad school...
                          >
                          >Soli
                          >
                          >--
                          >one long, shining thread of coincidence
                          >quantumbutterfly@...
                        • Rose Wink
                          Message 12 of 23 , Mar 3 4:03 AM
                            wait...does that mean you get paid to read it?? if so I want to beat you up
                            and steal your job!! :-D
                            On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 6:49 AM, luvbooks <smtbdb@...> wrote:

                            > I got a very nice surprise. My editor (I do reviews for three zines and two
                            > blogs) sent me an ARC of the book for review purposes. She was amazed at the
                            > evil cackle she heard on the phone as she requested me to review it. Not a
                            > hardship at all to "review it".

                            @->---

                          • luvbooks
                            Message 13 of 23 , Mar 3 4:39 AM
                              <grin> Totally understand and respect that as I used to feel the same way about reviewers. Told my husband being a reviewer is the best job though NOT the highest pay (unless you count the reading as pay then it is priceless!). *sigh* One day though...>:)

                              Shar

                            • Dawn E Charbonneau
                              Message 14 of 23 , Mar 3 10:09 AM
                                Hey Shar,

                                If you could post the link once it goes up, that'd be awesome! I've seen
                                you on this list before, but I had no idea you were a reviewer! XD

                                -Dawn

                              • Rowan222@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 23 , Mar 3 10:29 AM
                                  I'm going to B&N this weekend to get mine. Won't have the money until then. Then I'm going to read The Shadow Queen and Shalador's Lady back to back!
                                  Renee

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 3 10:34 AM
                                    LOL I'm picturing you holed up in a cave like Gollum.
                                    Renee

                                  • michael@tapfer.org
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Mar 3 11:10 AM
                                      I just want to say the book is awesome and loved it. I hope those
                                      characters tell you more stories to write in the near future.

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Mar 3 11:23 AM
                                        ::warm, fuzzy author moment:: I'm glad you enjoyed it.

                                        Anne

                                        In a message dated 3/3/2010 7:02:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                                        bmcnichol@... writes:

                                        I'm not going into details but Anne this was perfect, so satisfying and
                                        fitting in the end.

                                      • Traci Dirom
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Mar 3 12:25 PM
                                          I pre-ordered mine with chapters months ago, got here on Feb 25, had it finished by Feb 26th. As with all your books Anne, I just could not bring myself to put it down. I have to say...masterpiece.

                                          MARKETPLACE

                                          Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

                                          Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest � Unsubscribe � Terms of Use

                                          .

                                        • Melissa
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Mar 3 2:00 PM
                                            I got my copy yesterday from Amazon, regretfully put it aside until children were fed, and obligations met, then started reading. I finished it around 2am, and LOVED IT.

                                            I've already re-read some of my favorite parts. (Ending. Yes.) Now I'm going to re-read the two books back to back.

                                            Thank you for a great book, Anne!
                                            -melissa
                                          • Dana

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Mar 3 7:43 PM

                                                !
                                                !
                                                !
                                                !

                                                The book was amazing, you managed to keep me up all night again LOL!

                                                Of course now I have a million questions, and I felt bad about posting the first one to the list straight, even with a spoiler warning because I have been dying to ask since about 6am yesterday morning.

                                                Why did Daemon go after Falonar? There has to be more than what he did to Surreal.
                                                Speaking of Surreal, has anyone told her that her protective ring is still viable?

                                                Oh, and THANK YOU for answering the question I had about Daemon and Janelle, at least a little bit, with Surreal's decision to become Daemon's assistant in Kaleer. There is so much more I want to say, but I dont want to be completely rude. Again thank you so much for the wonderful stories. I am hoping to get the hubby-monster interested in the jewels books very very soon.

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Mar 3 8:04 PM
                                                  SPOILERS!

                                                  I don't know when Daemon decided to go after Falanor either. However I was wondering the same thing too!

                                                  And when did he decide to do this?

                                                  I only read Tangled Webs once when it first came out. Maybe if I reread it I can find some answers. But I think I would have remembered something as important as this.

                                                  I am enjoying this book more than words can express. I'm already half way through even though I have been trying to pace myself. I will probably end up rereading it when I am finished the first go.

                                                  Anne, as always you have done an excellent job with this novel. I never mentioned this on this list but when I first read The Shadow Queen, I had not been that impressed with a novel since I read the Black Jewels Trilogy. And now that I am reading Shalador's Lady I find I am equally impressed.

                                                  -Kim