[ShadowRealms] Rainier and the rut.

  • klmeri@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2009
      Okay, this subject has been on my mind recently. How does a Warlord
      Prince with a sexual preference for men go through the rut? Think Rainier.

      What Anne tells us is this: Warlord Princes go through a period where
      their sexual hunger "eclipses" all reason, and they focus sexually on a female
      for that duration. This happens a couple of times a year.

      I remember that, before meeting Marian, Lucivar had been through the rut a
      few times during the first three years in Kaeleer and being in Jaenelle's
      presence kept him leashed (that and grueling workouts).

      So how would a man like Rainier cope?

      Here are some possibilities:
      1. He does not go through the rut. (This is the least likely, in my
      mind. I'm almost positive that he must because of his nature.)
      2. This is the only period when he is attracted sexually to a woman, and
      goes through the rut like any other Warlord Prince.
      3. The rut takes into account sexual preference.
      4. He stays in the proximity of a close female friend without being
      intimate.
      5. He works it out through violence.

      Any ideas?
      -Kathryn

    • Tracy Kutsch
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2009
        Great question and I think that 4 & 5 together are most likely. Even if it took into account sexual presence, I think a male of any rank would put him over the killing edge.
        Tracy

        To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com