Re: [ShadowRealms] Re: Janelle and Children

  • Kimera
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 12, 2009
      A broken witch can only concieve one child. Any witch has the ability to spontaneously abort a pregnancy.

      Titan had to fight her body's natural reaction to abort the child of her rapist... in contrast Tersa readily accepted a pregnancy engendered by the High Lord well after she had been broken.

      Jaenelle was raped but she was NEVER broken, rather her chalice was shattered. The chalice represents the mind and has nothing to do with the Jewels. (Sadi was also shattered but never broken) So Jaenelle should be perfectly capable of concieving and bearing children, provided she is willing to go through the ordeal of being restricted to basic craft for the duration of her pregnancy.

    • Traci Dirom
      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 13, 2009
        This might seem like a stupid question but I've always wondered, and Anne's input here would be valuable if she is around. If Daemon is from a long lived race and will live 3000 years or more and Jaenelle is from a short lived race and will see maybe 100 years...wont Daemon be spending an awful lot of his long long life without Jaenelle since Witch does not become demon dead? Or does Witch have the same life span as the long lived races just because she is Witch? Or does witch never die until her web is closed off? any thoughts?

      • Craig Corlis
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 13, 2009
          It's not a stupid question. In fact, it's such a normal question it's
          been asked at least once a year since I joined the list in 2006.
          *grin*

          Anne has so far declined to answer, probably because Jaenelle herself
          may not even know the answer to tell her. General opinion has been
          that it *may* be possible for Jaenelle to have some form of afterlife
          (ie: Guardian) but it isn't clear, because prior to her releasing her
          power and her change, it was stated clearly that Witch can not become
          Cildru Dyathe, but would simply return to the Darkness.

          Personally, I believe that after her normal Chaillot lifespan,
          Jaenelle will pass away to become a "whisper in the Darkness" again,
          and eventually be reborn. Daemon, with his long lifespan, will live on
          - to look after their children, and also to have a chance to find her
          again when Jaenelle is eventually reborn.

          Also, Daemon spent a long time waiting for Jaenelle to be born, and
          even if he only gets to spend 70-80 years of his 4000-5000 with her,
          I'm fairly certain he'd say that it was worth it. They have a love
          most people wouldn't see if they lived 50,000 years. Just ask the High
          Lord.

          -Craig
        • Brenda Bronson
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 13, 2009
            I'd would think that having children still around after Jaenelle's time is
            up would help a bit. I don't know how much but one can hope it would be
            enough. Cassadra if I remember correctly wasn't from a long lived race. if
            she can become a guardian perhaps Jaenelle can. who knows. she just can't
            become demon dead. so then the question is if she can't become demon dead
            can she become a guardian?

            > Anne has so far declined to answer, probably because Jaenelle herself
            > may not even know the answer to tell her. General opinion has been
            > that it *may* be possible for Jaenelle to have some form of afterlife
            > (ie: Guardian) but it isn't clear, because prior to her releasing her
            > power and her change, it was stated clearly that Witch can not become
            > Cildru Dyathe, but would simply return to the Darkness.
            >
            > Personally, I believe that after her normal Chaillot lifespan,
            > Jaenelle will pass away to become a "whisper in the Darkness" again,
            > and eventually be reborn. Daemon, with his long lifespan, will live on
            > - to look after their children, and also to have a chance to find her
            > again when Jaenelle is eventually reborn.
            >
            > Also, Daemon spent a long time waiting for Jaenelle to be born, and
            > even if he only gets to spend 70-80 years of his 4000-5000 with her,
            > I'm fairly certain he'd say that it was worth it. They have a love
            > most people wouldn't see if they lived 50,000 years. Just ask the High
            > Lord.
          • Brenda Bronson
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 13, 2009
              I'm pretty sure that Jaenelle will have the lifespan of someone from the
              short lived races. I don't think her being witch means she'll live longer. I
              believe her web closes off when she dies. she may live to 100 or 150 but I
              doubt much longer. of course we may never get that far along in the world to
              ever find out unless Anne decides to skip a few generations ahead. Then it
              would be based on what little history there is between the times.

              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 14, 2009
                Hmmm. Cassandra was not Witch; she was a Black-Jewelled Queen, but not
                Dreams Made Flesh. Cassandra, if she had a strong reservoir of power, could
                have been demon-dead and lived as long as Andulvar and Co. But she chose
                to ensure that she would be around by becoming a Guardian.

                Jaenelle won't become demon dead. I would imagine that, while maybe she
                could put her body through the transition to Guardian, it just isn't done
                for Witch. Isn't it true that dreams don't last forever? I would think this
                applies here. There has to be room for the future dreams to come too.

                -Kathryn

                In a message dated 4/14/2009 1:36:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                wolfsbabe_84@... writes:

                I'd would think that having children still around after Jaenelle's time is
                up would help a bit. I don't know how much but one can hope it would be
                enough. Cassadra if I remember correctly wasn't from a long lived race. if
                she can become a guardian perhaps Jaenelle can. who knows. she just can't
                become demon dead. so then the question is if she can't become demon dead
                can she become a guardian?

                web. Get the Radio Toolbar!
                (http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000002)

              • Brenda Bronson
                Message 7 of 23 , Apr 16, 2009
                  no I know she wasn't witch. just that she became a guardian and she wasn't a
                  long lived race. but your right that what applied to cassandra may not or
                  doesn't able to jaenelle. if she can't be demon dead it's likely safe to say
                  guardian is out of the question.

                  > Hmmm. Cassandra was not Witch; she was a Black-Jewelled Queen, but not
                  > Dreams Made Flesh. Cassandra, if she had a strong reservoir of power,
                  > could
                  > have been demon-dead and lived as long as Andulvar and Co. But she chose
                  > to ensure that she would be around by becoming a Guardian.
                  >
                  > Jaenelle won't become demon dead. I would imagine that, while maybe she
                  > could put her body through the transition to Guardian, it just isn't done
                  > for Witch. Isn't it true that dreams don't last forever? I would think
                  > this
                  > applies here. There has to be room for the future dreams to come too.
                  >
                  > -Kathryn
                • Renee
                  Message 8 of 23 , Apr 30, 2009
                    Cassandra was a member of a short lived race?
                    Renee

                  • klmeri@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 23 , Apr 30, 2009
                      Yes. Hence, the light skin and red hair. Much like Cassidy in the new
                      book Shadow Queen, except I think Cassandra was from Terreille.

                      -Kathryn

                      Message 10 of 23 , Apr 30, 2009
                        Oh yea, she was a red head. i'm suprised i didnt remember that! lol. The Hayllians are typically brownskinned with black hair and gold eyes.thanks for your imput..lol
                        Renee

                        Message 11 of 23 , May 1, 2009
                          [:D] Dear Traci,
                          Daemon is from a long-lived race--as his father, Saetan Daemon is. He's
                          already lived 1500 years(he's waited a LONG time for Jaenelle/Witch.
                          Jaenelle is from another race--the time they have together? I don't
                          know if her race is long-lived or not.
                          That might be part of another story Ms. Bishop might write, though I
                          don't know her thoughts on the matter. It might be an interesting tale
                          to read.
                          All I hope is that they continue to have a Happy Ever After. They
                          earned it!
                          Hugs and love,
                          Tina

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jul 1, 2010
                            The audio book for QUEEN OF THE DARKNESS is now available.

                            The audio book for THE PILLARS OF THE WORLD is now available.

                            Happy listening!

                          • char0218@umn.edu
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 1, 2010
                              Yesss!!!

                              -Dawn

                              Message 14 of 23 , Sep 15, 2010
                                Besides the library editions of *Shalador's Lady* and *The Shadow Queen*
                                audio books, Recorded Books is offering Collector's Edition CDs (available
                                now)
                                and by the end of the year will also offer these books in a Playaway
                                Digital format.