audio books

    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 1 12:16 PM
      I saw *Tangled Webs* and *The Shadow Queen* at
      audible.com and *The Shadow Queen* at emusic.com.
      So they're getting through the pipeline and should be
      available to reader/listeners in most, if not all, of the
      places I have listed on the FAQ page of my website. :)

      Anne

      _www.annebishop.com_ (http://www.annebishop.com)

      **************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or

    • klmeri@aol.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 2 6:30 AM
        Wonderful! I've been checking around since early March for them. This is
        the best news! Thanks, Anne.

        -Kathryn
        **************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or

      • me3boyz
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 2 7:56 AM
          I checked iTunes & The Shadow Queen is there, but not Tangled Webs yet. It's also $4 cheaper at iTunes unless you have a monthly Audible subscription.

          Can't wait until the rest of the Black Jewels books come out on audio. I like to read the book along with the audio. Helps me slow down when I read & I catch things I'd missed before.
        • Heidi
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 12 9:39 PM
            I think that in the main idea of a broken/shattered witch only being able to have one child it has to do with a couple things, first being broken is a tramatic event and if I remember right some witches bodies automatically abort the child. Titan mentioned something about having to fit to save Surreal. I think the main difference with Janelle and the others has to be the fact that Janelle put herself back together and now she is with Sadi and she didn't let the tramatic events color her love for him. I feel that in this situation once she is ready and Sadi is ready they will have more than 1 because they will both be ready and more than able. I don't know if any of that made any sense at all but I hope it did.
          • Kimera
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 12 10:34 PM
              A broken witch can only concieve one child. Any witch has the ability to spontaneously abort a pregnancy.

              Titan had to fight her body's natural reaction to abort the child of her rapist... in contrast Tersa readily accepted a pregnancy engendered by the High Lord well after she had been broken.

              Jaenelle was raped but she was NEVER broken, rather her chalice was shattered. The chalice represents the mind and has nothing to do with the Jewels. (Sadi was also shattered but never broken) So Jaenelle should be perfectly capable of concieving and bearing children, provided she is willing to go through the ordeal of being restricted to basic craft for the duration of her pregnancy.

            • Traci Dirom
              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 13 3:44 AM
                This might seem like a stupid question but I've always wondered, and Anne's input here would be valuable if she is around. If Daemon is from a long lived race and will live 3000 years or more and Jaenelle is from a short lived race and will see maybe 100 years...wont Daemon be spending an awful lot of his long long life without Jaenelle since Witch does not become demon dead? Or does Witch have the same life span as the long lived races just because she is Witch? Or does witch never die until her web is closed off? any thoughts?

              • Craig Corlis
                Message 7 of 23 , Apr 13 4:02 AM
                  It's not a stupid question. In fact, it's such a normal question it's
                  been asked at least once a year since I joined the list in 2006.
                  *grin*

                  Anne has so far declined to answer, probably because Jaenelle herself
                  may not even know the answer to tell her. General opinion has been
                  that it *may* be possible for Jaenelle to have some form of afterlife
                  (ie: Guardian) but it isn't clear, because prior to her releasing her
                  power and her change, it was stated clearly that Witch can not become
                  Cildru Dyathe, but would simply return to the Darkness.

                  Personally, I believe that after her normal Chaillot lifespan,
                  Jaenelle will pass away to become a "whisper in the Darkness" again,
                  and eventually be reborn. Daemon, with his long lifespan, will live on
                  - to look after their children, and also to have a chance to find her
                  again when Jaenelle is eventually reborn.

                  Also, Daemon spent a long time waiting for Jaenelle to be born, and
                  even if he only gets to spend 70-80 years of his 4000-5000 with her,
                  I'm fairly certain he'd say that it was worth it. They have a love
                  most people wouldn't see if they lived 50,000 years. Just ask the High
                  Lord.

                  -Craig
                • Brenda Bronson
                  Message 8 of 23 , Apr 13 10:35 PM
                    I'd would think that having children still around after Jaenelle's time is
                    up would help a bit. I don't know how much but one can hope it would be
                    enough. Cassadra if I remember correctly wasn't from a long lived race. if
                    she can become a guardian perhaps Jaenelle can. who knows. she just can't
                    become demon dead. so then the question is if she can't become demon dead
                    can she become a guardian?

                    > Anne has so far declined to answer, probably because Jaenelle herself
                    > may not even know the answer to tell her. General opinion has been
                    > that it *may* be possible for Jaenelle to have some form of afterlife
                    > (ie: Guardian) but it isn't clear, because prior to her releasing her
                    > power and her change, it was stated clearly that Witch can not become
                    > Cildru Dyathe, but would simply return to the Darkness.
                    >
                    > Personally, I believe that after her normal Chaillot lifespan,
                    > Jaenelle will pass away to become a "whisper in the Darkness" again,
                    > and eventually be reborn. Daemon, with his long lifespan, will live on
                    > - to look after their children, and also to have a chance to find her
                    > again when Jaenelle is eventually reborn.
                    >
                    > Also, Daemon spent a long time waiting for Jaenelle to be born, and
                    > even if he only gets to spend 70-80 years of his 4000-5000 with her,
                    > I'm fairly certain he'd say that it was worth it. They have a love
                    > most people wouldn't see if they lived 50,000 years. Just ask the High
                    > Lord.
                  • Brenda Bronson
                    Message 9 of 23 , Apr 13 10:38 PM
                      I'm pretty sure that Jaenelle will have the lifespan of someone from the
                      short lived races. I don't think her being witch means she'll live longer. I
                      believe her web closes off when she dies. she may live to 100 or 150 but I
                      doubt much longer. of course we may never get that far along in the world to
                      ever find out unless Anne decides to skip a few generations ahead. Then it
                      would be based on what little history there is between the times.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Apr 14 6:20 AM
                        Hmmm. Cassandra was not Witch; she was a Black-Jewelled Queen, but not
                        Dreams Made Flesh. Cassandra, if she had a strong reservoir of power, could
                        have been demon-dead and lived as long as Andulvar and Co. But she chose
                        to ensure that she would be around by becoming a Guardian.

                        Jaenelle won't become demon dead. I would imagine that, while maybe she
                        could put her body through the transition to Guardian, it just isn't done
                        for Witch. Isn't it true that dreams don't last forever? I would think this
                        applies here. There has to be room for the future dreams to come too.

                        -Kathryn

                        In a message dated 4/14/2009 1:36:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                        wolfsbabe_84@... writes:

                        I'd would think that having children still around after Jaenelle's time is
                        up would help a bit. I don't know how much but one can hope it would be
                        enough. Cassadra if I remember correctly wasn't from a long lived race. if
                        she can become a guardian perhaps Jaenelle can. who knows. she just can't
                        become demon dead. so then the question is if she can't become demon dead
                        can she become a guardian?

                        web. Get the Radio Toolbar!
                        (http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000002)

                      • Brenda Bronson
                        Message 11 of 23 , Apr 16 12:44 AM
                          no I know she wasn't witch. just that she became a guardian and she wasn't a
                          long lived race. but your right that what applied to cassandra may not or
                          doesn't able to jaenelle. if she can't be demon dead it's likely safe to say
                          guardian is out of the question.

                          > Hmmm. Cassandra was not Witch; she was a Black-Jewelled Queen, but not
                          > Dreams Made Flesh. Cassandra, if she had a strong reservoir of power,
                          > could
                          > have been demon-dead and lived as long as Andulvar and Co. But she chose
                          > to ensure that she would be around by becoming a Guardian.
                          >
                          > Jaenelle won't become demon dead. I would imagine that, while maybe she
                          > could put her body through the transition to Guardian, it just isn't done
                          > for Witch. Isn't it true that dreams don't last forever? I would think
                          > this
                          > applies here. There has to be room for the future dreams to come too.
                          >
                          > -Kathryn
                        • Renee
                          Message 12 of 23 , Apr 30 11:29 AM
                            Cassandra was a member of a short lived race?
                            Renee

                          • klmeri@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 23 , Apr 30 12:11 PM
                              Yes. Hence, the light skin and red hair. Much like Cassidy in the new
                              book Shadow Queen, except I think Cassandra was from Terreille.

                              -Kathryn

                              Message 14 of 23 , Apr 30 12:35 PM
                                Oh yea, she was a red head. i'm suprised i didnt remember that! lol. The Hayllians are typically brownskinned with black hair and gold eyes.thanks for your imput..lol
                                Renee

                                Message 15 of 23 , May 1, 2009
                                  [:D] Dear Traci,
                                  Daemon is from a long-lived race--as his father, Saetan Daemon is. He's
                                  already lived 1500 years(he's waited a LONG time for Jaenelle/Witch.
                                  Jaenelle is from another race--the time they have together? I don't
                                  know if her race is long-lived or not.
                                  That might be part of another story Ms. Bishop might write, though I
                                  don't know her thoughts on the matter. It might be an interesting tale
                                  to read.
                                  All I hope is that they continue to have a Happy Ever After. They
                                  earned it!
                                  Hugs and love,
                                  Tina

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jul 1, 2010
                                    The audio book for QUEEN OF THE DARKNESS is now available.

                                    The audio book for THE PILLARS OF THE WORLD is now available.

                                    Happy listening!

                                  • char0218@umn.edu
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jul 1, 2010
                                      Yesss!!!

                                      -Dawn

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Sep 15, 2010
                                        Besides the library editions of *Shalador's Lady* and *The Shadow Queen*
                                        audio books, Recorded Books is offering Collector's Edition CDs (available
                                        now)
                                        and by the end of the year will also offer these books in a Playaway
                                        Digital format.