Re: [ShadowRealms] Bone Crossed

  • Dawn E Charbonneau
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 5, 2009
      Yeah, I gave in and bought Bone Crossed in hardcover as well which
      turned out to be 30% off. That made me feel a little easier about the
      splurge, and yeah, it was *definitely* worth it. Now I need to get back
      to the store and see if they finally have Anne's new book in stock... :p

      -Dawn

      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 7, 2009
        I just finished reading Bone Crossed. I would have liked a little more
        Samuel and Adam in the story (but I always like a little more Samuel and Adam).
        Otherwise, I enjoyed it.

        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 7, 2009
          Anne wrote:

          <<I just finished reading Bone Crossed. I would have liked a little more
          Samuel and Adam in the story (but I always like a little more Samuel and
          Adam).
          Otherwise, I enjoyed it.>>

          Similiar to how many always want a little more Daemon, Saetan, and
          Jaenelle?? <g>

          K.
        • Brenda Bronson
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 7, 2009
            I enjoyed it to. Very well written. Maybe Adam and Samuel will get more time
            in the next book. there is going to be 3 more books and more for the omega
            series to. Yey!!

            >I just finished reading Bone Crossed. I would have liked a little more
            > Samuel and Adam in the story (but I always like a little more Samuel and
            > Adam).
            > Otherwise, I enjoyed it.
            >
            > Anne
          • snugglersmom
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 8, 2009
              > Similiar to how many always want a little more Daemon, Saetan, and
              > Jaenelle?? <g>
              >

              > K.

              Actually for Shadow Queen I was happy with the amount of Saetan, Daeman and Jaenelle, especially since the story was not about them.

              SPOILER SPACE
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              SPOILER SPACE
              I really appreciate Anne's ability to add depth to characters that we have seen through so many books already. But I missed Surreal. All she got was a nod. I realize she was front and center through Tangled Webs but she adds spice to the Sa Diablo world in a unique way. But then my ideal book would be a couple of thousand pages long because every character would have at least a chapter.
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 8, 2009
                Well, sure. Understanding the demands of the writer doesn't change what I
                want as a reader. <g>

                Anne

                In a message dated 3/7/2009 11:59:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                nightduv@... writes:

                Similiar to how many always want a little more Daemon, Saetan, and
                Jaenelle?? <g>

              • Dawn Charbonneau
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 12, 2009
                  Ahh... I always feel satisfied after reading a Mercy Thompson book...

                  ****SPOILERS...I guess...?****

                  Oddly, I found that by the end of this book, Marsilia and the whole
                  seethe have started growing on me. :) I like how complicated the
                  relationship between Mercy and Marsilia has become. And I have to say
                  that I'm very glad Stefan is actually in the story this time. I'd missed
                  him in the last book, and he'd quickly become my favorite character in
                  Blood Bound.

                  Oh, but don't get me wrong: Adam is as sexy and awesome as ever. And I'm
                  starting to see the appeal in Samuel too.

                  But one thing about the book that was a bit of a let down was all the
                  spelling and grammatical errors. I don't really have to say this, but it
                  just interrupts the flow of the story and I have to stop and figure out
                  what exactly was meant in a sentence with convoluted meaning. In the end
                  though, Mercy's trademark attitude alone makes the story worth it. You
                  almost forget that she's supposed to be an introverted loner.

                  Now to start into Shadow Queen that I finally picked up a few days ago! :D

                  -Dawn

                  **********

                  Kaeleer@... wrote:

                  > I just finished reading Bone Crossed. I would have liked a little more
                  > Samuel and Adam in the story (but I always like a little more Samuel
                  > and Adam).
                  > Otherwise, I enjoyed it.
                  >
                  > Anne

                • Brenda Bronson
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 16, 2009
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 16, 2009
                      > ****SPOILERS****

                      Do author's really appreciate readers emailing in the found spelling
                      errors? Haha, I think I'd be a little embarrassed. It's not like I hated
                      the book. But if I emailed them in, I'd worry that's what the author
                      would think. Kind of like complaining. XD

                      But yes, I do think it's funny how Marsilia manipulated everyone, and
                      used her hatred for Mercy as a tool. Did I read it wrong, or has she
                      really been plotting to neutralize the coup since two books ago? And I
                      understand that Patty can't focus on Stefan and the vampire problem
                      every single book. But like Anne said, "Understanding the demands of
                      the writer doesn't change what I want as a reader." :)

                      I wouldn't mind if we could focus on the fae in the next book. I want to
                      know more about that walking stick, too! What's with that thing...? It
                      would be really interesting if we could learn more about walkers in the
                      next book too. We've learned a lot about them in this book, of course,
                      but if Mercy could fully harness her abilities, I think it would be
                      pretty cool.

                      And I totally agree that Mercy needs a few months vacation, rather than
                      a mere week or so, from dealing with this type of thing. :( She should
                      get all settled with Adam and his pack before being thrown into another
                      foray.

                      And yes, thank you, I'm enjoying Shadow Queen very much!

                      -Dawn

                      > Brenda Bronson wrote:

                      > spelling errors don't bother me but I do notice them. It's only when it
                      > confuses me. Perhaps you could email patty so
                      > she can send them to her publisher to fix? I'm sure she would
                      > appreciate it.
                      > most authors seem to appreciate their errors being pointed out.
                      >
                      > but back to the book itself I do like that how the problem marsilia
                      > had with
                      > her seethe were played out. I like how even though she appeared pissed
                      > off
                      > at Mercy and Stevan it was all apart of a greater plans to catch the
                      > vampires who were trying to plan a sort of coup. I actually liked that
                      > Patty
                      > focused on the fae after blood bound. Yes I like the stories with the
                      > vampires but it makes sense that mercy isn't always going to have a
                      > problem
                      > with the vampires. I figure her next book is more then likely going to
                      > focus
                      > on either the werewolves again or the fae since this last book was the
                      > vampires but who knows maybe patty will find a new problem to focus on
                      > instead that we've yet to know about. I do kind of like that Mercy and
                      > Adam
                      > are officially a mated pair and liked how the relationship was
                      > developed up
                      > to that point and didn't happen overnight and that there were problems to
                      > the relationship like the fact that adam is an alpha and mercy doesn't
                      > like
                      > to have her choices made for her.
                      >

                      > I just hope
                      > mercy gets a few months to heal before she is facing another problem!!
                      >
                      > Enjoy reading shadow queen if you haven't finished it already. you'll
                      > love
                      > it :)
                      >
                      > __.
                    • Tina Loflin
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 16, 2009
                        Dear Dawn, Everyone,
                        I really love the Mercy Thompson novels--they are great. I just bought
                        Kim Harrison's latest book, "White Witch Black Curse," though, and so
                        will have to wait until next month to get it.
                        On another note, have anyone of you heard about paperbackswap.com? I am
                        a member--it's free to join--and a great way to get books for next to
                        nothing. You post 7 books that you are willing to part with into the
                        system, then when someone orders a book from you, you mail it to that
                        person(make sure you record it as being mailed! [:D] ). Print out the
                        mailing label.
                        Once the person's received your book, you earn a book credit--and can
                        order a book from their list...and pay not a dime for it!!
                        I LOVE that site!
                        Love and hugs,
                        Tina
                        --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Dawn Charbonneau <char0218@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Yeah, I know I've been sending a million messages tonight. Sorry guys.
                        > Just this one last thing.
                        >
                        > I usually get my book news from you all, so I was surprised that no
                        one
                        > mentioned that Bone Crossed, the latest Mercy Thompson book, came out
                        > few weeks ago. :D This is a great time to shack yourself in against
                        the
                        > winter snow (if you get snow where you are) and read some new good
                        books.

                        > -Dawn

                      • Brenda Bronson
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 16, 2009
                          well that's certainly interesting but I don't think I have very many books I
                          want to give up. not currently anyways. :) mostly in the past when I was
                          willing to give them up and didn't want them anymore I donated them to my
                          local library. :)

                          > I really love the Mercy Thompson novels--they are great. I just bought
                          > Kim Harrison's latest book, "White Witch Black Curse," though, and so
                          > will have to wait until next month to get it.
                          > On another note, have anyone of you heard about paperbackswap.com? I am
                          > a member--it's free to join--and a great way to get books for next to
                          > nothing. You post 7 books that you are willing to part with into the
                          > system, then when someone orders a book from you, you mail it to that
                          > person(make sure you record it as being mailed! [:D] ). Print out the
                          > mailing label.
                          > Once the person's received your book, you earn a book credit--and can
                          > order a book from their list...and pay not a dime for it!!
                          > I LOVE that site!
                          > Love and hugs,
                          > Tina
                          > --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Dawn Charbonneau <char0218@...>
                          > wrote:
                          >>
                          >> Yeah, I know I've been sending a million messages tonight. Sorry guys.
                          >> Just this one last thing.
                          >>
                          >> I usually get my book news from you all, so I was surprised that no
                          > one
                          >> mentioned that Bone Crossed, the latest Mercy Thompson book, came out
                          >> few weeks ago. :D This is a great time to shack yourself in against
                          > the
                          >> winter snow (if you get snow where you are) and read some new good
                          > books.
                          >>
                          >> -Dawn

                        • Brenda Bronson
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 16, 2009