Got my book

  • bashirfan
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 25, 2009
      Got my copy of The Shadow Queen today. :0) Now I've just got to finish
      the book I'm reading.

      MC23
    • Jessica Secret
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 25, 2009
        What??? i thought it wasnt coming out until march!! :)

        > Got my copy of The Shadow Queen today. :0) Now I've just
        > got to finish
        > the book I'm reading.
        >
        > MC23
      • Rose Wink
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 25, 2009
          I though it wasn't out yet too...are you in the US?

          I've got mine pre-ordered, but DH's birthday is March 8th and Amazon says we
          should get it that week...so I have to let him read it first :-(
          --
          @->---

        • Stephanie Small
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 25, 2009
            Some book sellers are not very respectful about on-sale dates :) That might
            be the situation....

            On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 9:52 PM, Rose Wink <rose.wink@...> wrote:

            > I though it wasn't out yet too...are you in the US?
            >
            > I've got mine pre-ordered, but DH's birthday is March 8th and Amazon says
            > we
            > should get it that week...so I have to let him read it first :-(
            > --
            > @->---

            Stephanie Small
            ----
            Colette de Navarre
            Tariel Nimara

          • Kalen vuysher
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 26, 2009
              I got my copy of Shadow Queen today also, got an email yesterday saying it had been dispatched. in uk here and pre ordered from amazon

              Life may not be the party we imagined, but while we are here we might as well dance

              Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
            • bashirfan
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 26, 2009
                I'm in the UK, and had pre-ordered it from Amazon.co.uk, (nextday
                delievery with Prime). Until I got the email my order still said it
                would be posted on the 2nd March arrive on the 3rd. Plus since I
                ordered it as soon as it was up I got it for even cheaper than they
                have the price now. :0)

                MC23

                --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Rose Wink <rose.wink@...> wrote:

                > I though it wasn't out yet too...are you in the US?
                >
                > I've got mine pre-ordered, but DH's birthday is March 8th and
                Amazon says we
                > should get it that week...so I have to let him read it first :-(
                > --
                > @->---

              • snugglersmom
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 26, 2009
                  My DH came home with a copy last night. I didn't ask where he got it.
                  It is probably not an affadavit laydown so they are allowed to put
                  the books on the shelf when they arrive. The publishers do their best
                  to get everything to all stores at the same time but shipping isn't
                  that predictable. Amazon is automated so they always abide by the
                  publisher's on sale date. Anyway I finished my first read through
                  last night. I rate it somewhere between chocolate and sex. Without
                  getting into any spoilerish details I think it returned to the more
                  intense feel of the BJT and invisible ring after the lighter (in its
                  way) Tangled Webs. While I enjoyed TW this is the stuff that keeps me
                  coming back.
                • Stephanie Small
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 26, 2009
                    Anne bishop books have strict release dates, lol, its Harper and they're
                    very strict :D You're not allowed to open the box,. I have noticed pubs
                    getting more lazy though, and just printing it on the invoice rather than
                    the box. Harper was doing it where they only label one of the box shipments
                    with the onsale date though. Last time Annes books came in they were on hold
                    when the pre-release eds for the booksellers came out though, so we were
                    good, we called the pubs to make sure we could read them and they said yes.
                    That is probably what it was, in which case, you're lucky.

                    I am sad because knowing the booksellers I know they'll uphold them (OK, and
                    for work pride i respect that, but POUT) I loves her books lots!!! I really
                    want to justify going into town to get a copy, but I can guarantee they
                    won't be available yet. Maybe they'll let me drool on the box. I am no
                    longer a seller myself so i don't get pre-releases anymore :cries:

                    --
                    Stephanie Small
                    ----

                  • Dawn Charbonneau
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 26, 2009
                      Between chocolate and sex, eh? XD

                      Argh, I want it. When I get my copy, I'm gonna milk that for all its
                      worth. I looove reading really good sections over and over again until I
                      decide to keep moving on in the story.

                      -Dawn

                      snugglersmom wrote:

                      > Anyway I finished my first read through
                      > last night. I rate it somewhere between chocolate and sex.

                    • shelly
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 3, 2009
                        ---
                        Picked mine up today, and as soon as I finish the book I am on I will
                        dig in. Can't wait.
                        Shelly

                        In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "bashirfan" <mc230271@...> wrote:

                        > Got my copy of The Shadow Queen today. :0) Now I've just got to finish
                        > the book I'm reading.
                        >
                        > MC23

                      • Rose Wink
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 3, 2009
                          picked mine up today too :-) first time I've been in a regular book store
                          in YEARS (I always buy used!)

                          when I was done talking to the girl who helped me find it...she walked away
                          with a copy of it and an omnibus copy of BJT in her hands :-D

                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 3, 2009
                            ::warm fuzzy author moment::

                            In a message dated 3/3/2009 3:03:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                            rose.wink@... writes:

                            when I was done talking to the girl who helped me find it...she walked away
                            with a copy of it and an omnibus copy of BJT in her hands :-D

                          • Margaret Brown
                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 3, 2009
                              Oh, I'm adoring Shadow Queen! Made a special stop so I would have it at
                              lunch today - definitely worth giving up my lunchtime World Of Warcraft fix
                              for. *lol*

                              BTW, Anne - one of my coworkers will be racing to the bookstore to pick up
                              Tangled Web and Shadow Queen. She didn't realize new books had come out and
                              was thrilled when I told her.

                              Margaret

                              On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:16 PM, <Kaeleer@...> wrote:

                              > ::warm fuzzy author moment::

                            • Toz/Heather
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 3, 2009
                                I, too, got my book today.  Whoopee!!

                                However, unlike most of you, I will be saving my book as a treat to savor.  Which I can as right now I'm reading Belladonna.

                                This is my way to shorten the wait until the next book comes out.  I'll read around it, until I can't hold off anymore, or all of the other books begin to lose there appeal...then, I will really savor the newest book.

                                Just knowing that it is on my shelf gives me satisfaction.  It's like having a decedent desert placed before you, but continuing to carry on the conversations around you, while you look and build the essence and the flavors in your mind of what you behold.  Then if the desert is as good as you think; the satisfaction will be so much greater...now, that's a treat!!

                                Thank you Anne for continuing to write.  A beloved and loyal fan.

                                Blessed Be
                                Heather

                              • Jessica Secret
                                Message 15 of 18 , Mar 3, 2009
                                  Just got back from the nearest Barnes and Noble with my copy! I was going to try to wait and save it, but i just couldn't do it! hopefully i get some sleep tonight, i can never put annes's books down. oh and ive been dying to open those 'spoilerish' emails...soon! :)
                                  ********
                                  > I, too, got my book today.  Whoopee!!
                                • Brenda Bronson
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Mar 4, 2009
                                    got my book, read it and of course LOVED it :) I suppose I'll go back to
                                    reading the other book I was rereading. that or go and get more new books

                                    > Picked mine up today, and as soon as I finish the book I am on I will
                                    > dig in. Can't wait.
                                    > Shelly
                                    >

                                    > In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "bashirfan" <mc230271@...> wrote:
                                    >>
                                    >> Got my copy of The Shadow Queen today. :0) Now I've just got to finish
                                    >> the book I'm reading.
                                  • Soli
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Mar 4, 2009
                                      Mine came today, already 80 pages into it and enjoying myself.

                                      Keep up the good work Anne. :)

                                      -Soli

                                      --
                                      one long, shining thread of coincidence
                                      quantumbutterfly@...
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Mar 4, 2009
                                        awsome! I always love hearing that I got another person to read Anne's
                                        books. as soon as my friend gets time she's going to read the books and see
                                        how she likes them.