Daughter of the Blood

  • kandra
    Message 1 of 20 , May 21, 1999
      Hi all!

      Great news..just received permission from Anne to post this:

      DAUGHTER OF THE BLOOD has just gone into its second printing

      Yay, Anne! Congrats! :)

      Kandra
      Message 2 of 20 , May 19, 2007
        The Trade edition of Daughter of the Blood is now shipping to bookstores.
        Check out the Books page on my website to see the new covers.

        Anne

        _www.annebishop.com_ (http://www.annebishop.com)

        Message 3 of 20 , May 19, 2007
          Wow. I like the new covers better.

        • RoseOfMalice@aol.com
          Message 4 of 20 , May 19, 2007
            Ooooh....a trade edition! I think I'm going to have to collect these, 'cause
            the chunky regular-sized paperbacks make my hands hurt after an hour or two.
            That's one of MANY reasons I could never get anywhere near the middle of any
            Robert Jordan's books.

            ~Ariel

          • tarnished_unicorn69

              Message 6 of 20 , May 20, 2007
                I love, love, love these new covers. I wish I could afford to buy a
                whole set of new books because I'm a total cover whore. Unfortunately
                I'm also a jobless one with a three year old.

                I hope these catch people's eyes and get you a whole new collection of readers.

                Kerry

                --
                rocalisa@...
                rocalisa.blogspot.com / rocalisa.livejournal.com

                finished: Song of the Beast - Carol Berg (8/10)
                reading: Queen of the Darkness - Anne Bishop; Venetia - Georgette Heyer
                next: still deciding
              • scarlet_lullaby13
                Message 7 of 20 , May 21, 2007
                  <<<<I love, love, love these new covers. >>>>

                  Me too!!!How freaking attractive are they!
                • Nonny
                  Message 8 of 20 , May 21, 2007
                    Ooooh awesome.

                    The hubby is not going to be happy about the new expense. *whistles*

                    Nonny

                    On 5/19/07, Kaeleer@... <Kaeleer@...> wrote:

                    > The Trade edition of Daughter of the Blood is now shipping to
                    > bookstores.
                    > Check out the Books page on my website to see the new covers.
                    >
                    > Anne
                    >
                    > _www.annebishop.com_ (http://www.annebishop.com)

                    Nonny
                    writing as Elisabeth Drake
                    http://www.emdrake.com

                  • Dawn Charbonneau
                    Message 9 of 20 , May 21, 2007
                      O~h! How I want to buy them too! I think that while the old ones got the message across and certainly caught my eye (which is the only reason I started reading the books, admittedly), these news ones are very modern and a big step from the old ones.

                      Now to just figure out a valid reason to buy them after having bought the originals and the omnibus. XD At least with the omnibus, there was a new intro.

                      -Dawn

                      The hubby is not going to be happy about the new expense. *whistles*

                      Nonny

                      On 5/19/07, Kaeleer@... <Kaeleer@...> wrote:

                      > The Trade edition of Daughter of the Blood is now shipping to
                      > bookstores.
                      > Check out the Books page on my website to see the new covers.
                      >
                      > Anne
                      >
                      > _www.annebishop.com_ (http://www.annebishop.com)

                      Nonny
                      writing as Elisabeth Drake
                      http://www.emdrake.com

                    • Robyn Hay
                      Message 10 of 20 , May 22, 2007
                        I quite like the new one for Daughter, but find the face of the girl for Heir and Queen a bit ugly. Too bad they didn't keep the same 'model'.

                        Robyn

                        scarlet_lullaby13 <scarlet_lullaby13@...> wrote:
                        <<<<I love, love, love these new covers. >>>>

                        Me too!!!How freaking attractive are they!

                      • erinkjenner
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 5, 2007
                          so who all went out this morning and got their copy of the new trade
                          paperback of Daughter of the Blood?? I was lucky enough to get the
                          only copy the store got in. :D the cover art is awesome! it's
                          definitely much more how I imagined Jaenelle would look (in all the
                          new covers).

                          Anne, are you going to be coming around the midwest at all for any
                          signings or conventions? I would love to meet you and get a signed
                          copy! ::crosses fingers::

                          -Erin-
                        • Laura
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 5, 2007
                            Hey Everyone,

                            I just wanted to say that I bought the trade paperback edition of Daughter of the Blood and the cover's beautiful. It looks nice online but it's even better in person. I can't wait to get the others...

                            Laura

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 5, 2007
                              Not this year, but if you send me an email at _anne@..._
                              (mailto:anne@...) , I'll send you instructions on how to receive a signed
                              bookplate. You can peal off the backing and put it in the book to have an
                              autographed copy. :)

                              Please put BOOKPLATE in the subject line.

                              Anne

                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 5, 2007
                                Can I do that too????

                                Kathryn.
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 6, 2007
                                  Get a bookplate? Sure. Anyone on the list can request instructions. :)

                                  Anne

                                  In a message dated 6/5/2007 10:15:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                                  scarlet_lullaby13@... writes:

                                  Can I do that too????

                                • scarlet_lullaby13
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jun 6, 2007
                                    <<<<Get a bookplate? Sure. Anyone on the list can request instructions.>>>

                                    Ohh how exciting! Gosh I hate Australian book stores. No-one ever
                                    seems to know anything, and I no-one appears to when or if the new
                                    trade paperback DOTB is coming out. *sighs*
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jun 6, 2007
                                      The Trade edition of the Black Jewels is only coming out in the US.
                                      Australia published its own edition of the books, so those are the ones that are
                                      available in the stores down there.

                                      Anne

                                      In a message dated 6/6/2007 6:34:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                                      scarlet_lullaby13@... writes:

                                      Ohh how exciting! Gosh I hate Australian book stores. No-one ever
                                      seems to know anything, and I no-one appears to when or if the new
                                      trade paperback DOTB is coming out. *sighs*

                                    • snugglersmom
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jun 6, 2007
                                        --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "erinkjenner" <erinkjenner@...>
                                        wrote:

                                        > so who all went out this morning and got their copy of the new trade
                                        > paperback of Daughter of the Blood?? I was lucky enough to get the
                                        > only copy the store got in. :D the cover art is awesome! it's
                                        > definitely much more how I imagined Jaenelle would look (in all the
                                        > new covers).
                                        >
                                        > Anne, are you going to be coming around the midwest at all for any
                                        > signings or conventions? I would love to meet you and get a signed
                                        > copy! ::crosses fingers::
                                        >
                                        > -Erin-

                                        Sigh -- hubby was laid off last week and I have the omnibus so I can't
                                        justify the trade editions but please all keep fingers crossed he had
                                        a good interview this morning with a call back for a second on Friday
                                        almost as soon as he left. If he gets the job I know I'll get the
                                        book to celebrate.
                                      • scarlet_lullaby13
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jun 6, 2007
                                          <<<<The Trade edition of the Black Jewels is only coming out in the
                                          US. >>>

                                          Ahh the disappointment. I'll just have to get through the good old
                                          internet.

                                          Kat.
                                        • rachooky
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Aug 6, 2007
                                            I got the new edition of Daughter of the Blood, since the cover was so
                                            preety, and since we don't get it down in Australia, I got it ordered
                                            in at the book shop my brother gets most of his stuff, since they get
                                            things from the US of A all the time. My siblings, and parents, think
                                            it's silly that I bought it, although I had the old edition, but I
                                            don't care.
                                            I can't wait to get the Heir to the Shadows, I should ask my brother to
                                            order it for me next week.