Re: [ShadowRealms] new Mercedes Thompson book

    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 4, 2008
      Dawn wrote:

      <<For those who have read the Mercedes Thompson books by Patricia Briggs,
      a new one is out this month called Iron Kissed. I already have a copy,
      and I'm really enjoying it!>>

      I bought it the other day at B&N...who always seems to release books earlier
      than
      anyone else! <g>

      Kandra
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 4, 2008
        I picked it up this week too. Having fun with it so far.

        Anne

        In a message dated 1/4/2008 3:42:59 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        nightduv@... writes:

        I bought it the other day at B&N...

      • Dawn E Charbonneau
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 4, 2008
          I bought it there too. I was surprised it was there so early... But I'm
          not complaining.

          *Hopes that Stephan will make an appearance*

          -Dawn

          > I bought it the other day at B&N...who always seems to release books
          > earlier
          > than
          > anyone else! <g>
          >
          > Kandra

        • A Z
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 4, 2008
            Blast it. I accidently erased all this. Let's try
            again.

            I am looking foward to IRON KISSED because I am hoping
            she will delve more into the Fae world. I enjoy the
            vamps and weres, but I love it when authors go for
            things outside the standard popular stereotypes in
            fantasy books. Plus, I just have a weakness for Fae
            books period.*sigh* I have to wait till I get back
            home though as I am out-of-state and the book I had
            pre-ordered is being delivered there. I have to wait
            till I get home and it is shipped! Argh!

            How does her Dragon and other fantasy series compare
            to the Mercedes? Anyone read them? Which would be the
            one to read first? Which would be your favorite to
            start with?

            Shar

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
          • 5starfire@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 4, 2008
              I thought the glimpses she gave us into the Fae world were very interesting and did, indeed, take a different look at it than most did; I'm hoping for that too.

              Her older books were excellent. I loved the Dragon series, but my favorites were the 'Raven' series. The oldest books weren't quite as vividly fascinating-more unpolished, a bit-but were still very enjoyable reads.

              Shiegra

              From: A Z <smtbdb@...>

              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 5, 2008
                Iron Kissed was a fun read. And Mercy chose the werewolf I was routing for,
                so I'm happy. ::grin::

                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 5, 2008
                  <<Iron Kissed was a fun read. And Mercy chose the werewolf I was routing
                  for,
                  so I'm happy. ::grin::>>

                  I just know this means the one I wasn't.

                  Silly Mercy, sigh.

                  K.
                • Adrienne Roehrich
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 6, 2008
                    I've never read these books, but they are now on my wishlist. I visited
                    hurog.com to find out more about the books and found the homepage very
                    amusing regarding research conversations. Hopefully these books will show
                    up for reading soon :)

                    Adrienne

                  • Dawn E Charbonneau
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
                      Yes, if you like to read about her Fae world, then you will definitely
                      like Iron Kissed. I was a little surprised at how dark this book got
                      though.

                      -Dawn

                      A Z wrote:

                      > I am looking foward to IRON KISSED because I am hoping
                      > she will delve more into the Fae world.

                    • shelly
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 9, 2008
                        --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Dawn E Charbonneau <char0218@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Hello!
                        >
                        > For those who have read the Mercedes Thompson books by Patricia Briggs,
                        > a new one is out this month called Iron Kissed. I already have a copy,
                        > and I'm really enjoying it!
                        >
                        > -Dawn

                        I really enjoyed this one also. So glad she picked the one I was
                        rooting for. I have loved these three books and hope she comes out
                        with more of Mercy.
                        I also read the new Lynsay Sands book "The Accidental Vampire" I love
                        her series also with the Argeneau family. This vamp series is on the
                        light side and the books are quick reads, but they are fun and make me
                        laugh. They start with "A Quick Bite" if anyone is interested and I
                        think there are about six out now with two more coming in the next two
                        months.
                        Shelly
                      • Andrea
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 10, 2008
                          I've found that I loved this book.
                          SPOILERS....

                          To tell the truth...I understood why she felt the pull to Samuel even
                          though it was obvious she needed to be with Adam. Samuel had the luck
                          of being her first love. First love has that sensation of
                          "perfectness". I'm glad that she finally admitted that her
                          relationship with Adam and his daughter and pack were more realistic
                          and what she is truly drawn toward. It made sense to me. Sometimes,
                          when faced with the past and the present, it's better to choose the
                          present. It even felt like a little lesson or moral added in.
                        • Andrea

                            Message 13 of 25 , Jan 26, 2008

                              > How does her Dragon and other fantasy series compare
                              > to the Mercedes? Anyone read them? Which would be the
                              > one to read first? Which would be your favorite to
                              > start with?
                              >
                              > Shar

                              I don't know if anyone else responded to you about this... i was
                              avoiding the site for a while so I didn't accidentally read Iron
                              Kissed spoilers :).
                              I do want to say that Patty Briggs is one of two authors (the other
                              being Wen Spencer -- everyone go read A Brother's Price!!!) who I
                              discovered last year and immediately fell in love with their work and
                              read everything. I started with her Mercy books and looked up what
                              else she'd done, then devoured all of it (except masques, i couldn't
                              find it)! I decided to go through and read her catalogue in order, it
                              seemed to work to me! Hob's Bargain is a pretty good book,
                              predictable but that doesn't really detract from it. I really liked
                              Dragon Bones, the first Hurog book (I always dig stories of
                              beginnings). And the Raven books have a great/interesting idea about
                              magic and such. So I guess I'm saying... none of her books suck, or
                              were 'off' books, and I suppose you could start anywhere, go ahead and
                              read them all! Hah, sorry if that wasn't overly helpful.
                              Mercy is her only urban fantasy series, the others are fairly
                              straightforward fantasy.
                              Brooke