Re: [ShadowRealms] Queen of Ebon Askavi?

  • klmeri@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 27, 2007
      Actually, Saetan had no choice but use his Red and Black jewels. If you'll
      recall, that didn't turn out so well. So he had Marian and Morghann use
      their jewels, the Rose, Purple Dusk and Green, to make a better illusion (than
      his ugly twisted mess). Jaenelle wasn't using the Black during the original
      experiment. So assuming Twilight's Dawn can access the Black from this scene
      in the book is false.
      (Sorry, no offense meant. I had to point that out. I'm a mathematician;
      proofs are everything.)

      However, don't get me wrong, I firmly believe she's got access to a bit of
      Black. I say "a bit" because each person's Jewel has a different depth to it,
      i.e. how far done the well they can reach. I'm thinking Jaenelle has got a
      small allowance into the Black, but not a terribly far reach.

      (Spoiler!) Hence why she says to Daemon in the Tangled Webs excerpt that
      she is no longer stronger than him. A little piece of Black, but not enough to
      combat the darkness of Daemon's Jewels.

      -Kathryn

      In a message dated 11/27/2007 3:40:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      Kimera_stormryder@... writes:

      Furthermore in recreating her experiment he *must* use his Black and Red
      jewels in tandem. Proving that Twilight's Dawn can access Black.

    • wendyb52607
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 19, 2007
        Here is my question: Who decided that only a Black Jeweled Queen can
        rule Ebon Askavi?

        I ask because most of the human Blood thought that Witch always wears
        the Black, but then Draca(I think it was Draca) said that she doesn't
        always wear the Black and that Cassandra was not Witch. So why is the
        Queen of Ebon Askavi required to wear the Black? Just because of human
        tradition?

        Although Jaenelle wouldn't want to be Queen again, so its probably a
        moot point. But I'm just saying....maybe she could, if there was a
        need. Although if something really serious happened, she could just
        reclaim the Ebony, once again making this discussion unneccessary.
      • Kimera
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 19, 2007
          The only person who can answer this has, so far, decided to remain silent.

          Anne? Please clue us in, why is it that Witch must wear Black (Ebony) to be the Queen of Ebon Askavi?

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 19, 2007
            You have to ask Draca. Or Lorn.

            The Queen of Ebon Askavi wears a Black Jewel.

            Anne

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 19, 2007
              That's not fair, you know Draca wont talk... and Lorn is ummmm well LORN

            • Rowan222@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 20, 2007
                yea i'd like to know Lorn's thoughts on this too, but..umm yea, hes lorn!lol

                i personally like that its a mystery and no one really knows.
                Renee