Queen of Ebon Askavi?

  • Kimera
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 25, 2007
      From the website:

      Q. Why isn't Jaenelle the Queen of Ebon Askavi any longer??

      A. The Queen of Ebon Askavi always wore at least the Black. But while she can no longer hold that position, Jaenelle is still a Queen, a Black Widow, a Healer -- and Witch.

      Now I dont get this... Twilight's Dawn seems to be several Jewels in one including Black... so if Jaenelle is still wearing (if only a bit of) the Black, why can't she still be the Queen of Ebon Askavi?

    • Katie, Forsaken ST
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 25, 2007
        <Overly Intellectual Analysis>

        > Now I dont get this... Twilight's Dawn seems to be
        > several Jewels in one including Black... so if
        > Jaenelle is still wearing (if only a bit of) the
        > Black, why can't she still be the Queen of Ebon
        > Askavi?

        Twilight's Dawn ISN'T the same as Black. It has a tiny
        strand of Black, but by the same logic that says she
        still bears the Black Jewels, she also bears Rose and
        Red and all the other colours. Twilight's Dawn doesn't
        have a rank in a conventional sense- it is unique, and
        there will never be anything like it ever again. To be
        a Queen that bears Black is an absolutist statement-
        either it's Black in it's entirety, or it's not, and
        therefore she can't be Queen.

        At least, that's what I think.

        </Overly Intellectual Analysis>

        Morag
        =^..^=

        Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now. www.yahoo7.com.au/worldsbestemail
      • Kimera
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 25, 2007
          Actually I dont consider it an absolutist statement considering that prior to twilights dawn Janelle was bonded to one of each colored jewels from White to Ebon-Grey and Thirteen Black.

          If Twilight's Dawn is several jewels in one, much less than what she had but still more than any other of the blood) and the darkest is the Black.. than in theory Janelle still has the right to claim Black and in turn the throne of Ebon Askavi.

          Simple point in fact, in Dreams Janelle used Black strength in constructing her faux plants... so this isnt a question too far off base.

        • Soli
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 25, 2007
            On Nov 25, 2007 5:59 AM, Kimera <Kimera_stormryder@...> wrote:

            > Simple point in fact, in Dreams Janelle used Black strength in constructing her faux plants... so this isnt a question too far off base.

            spoiler below if you've not read Kaeleer's Heart

            But just because Jaenelle can benefit from the strength of the Black
            doesn't mean she fully wears it anymore. I'd say she does technically,
            since technically she still has access to her full Ebony strength, but
            she's CHOSEN to not be that strong anymore. She doesn't WANT to be
            Queen of Ebon Askavi and hold all that power.

            Soli

            --
            one long, shining thread of coincidence
            quantumbutterfly@...
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 26, 2007
              Soli Joxer thank you for answers rather than just the assumption that "Twilight's dawn is less than black".

              Never having wanted to be Queen makes more sense... still though it makes things rather interesting for the lower circles. ^_^ More grist for the story mill!

            • Katie, Forsaken ST
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 26, 2007
                --- Kimera <Kimera_stormryder@...> wrote:

                > Soli Joxer thank you for answers rather than just
                > the assumption that "Twilight's dawn is less than
                > black".

                I'm... reasonably sure it's explicitly stated, either
                by Saetan or Daemon.

                Morag
                =^..^=

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 27, 2007
                  Saetan watched Janelle create her faux plants, at that time it is stated that he feels Twilight's Dawn resonate (at different times) with ever jewel between Rose and Black.

                  Furthermore in recreating her experiment he *must* use his Black and Red jewels in tandem. Proving that Twilight's Dawn can access Black.

                  What is stated explicity is that Twilight's Dawn, whatever it is, is less than Ebony. Beyond that neither Saeten or Daemon (or anyone excluding Lorn and Draca who refuse to say) has a clue.

                • klmeri@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 27, 2007
                    Actually, Saetan had no choice but use his Red and Black jewels. If you'll
                    recall, that didn't turn out so well. So he had Marian and Morghann use
                    their jewels, the Rose, Purple Dusk and Green, to make a better illusion (than
                    his ugly twisted mess). Jaenelle wasn't using the Black during the original
                    experiment. So assuming Twilight's Dawn can access the Black from this scene
                    in the book is false.
                    (Sorry, no offense meant. I had to point that out. I'm a mathematician;
                    proofs are everything.)

                    However, don't get me wrong, I firmly believe she's got access to a bit of
                    Black. I say "a bit" because each person's Jewel has a different depth to it,
                    i.e. how far done the well they can reach. I'm thinking Jaenelle has got a
                    small allowance into the Black, but not a terribly far reach.

                    (Spoiler!) Hence why she says to Daemon in the Tangled Webs excerpt that
                    she is no longer stronger than him. A little piece of Black, but not enough to
                    combat the darkness of Daemon's Jewels.

                    -Kathryn

                    In a message dated 11/27/2007 3:40:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                    Kimera_stormryder@... writes:

                    Furthermore in recreating her experiment he *must* use his Black and Red
                    jewels in tandem. Proving that Twilight's Dawn can access Black.

                  • wendyb52607
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 19, 2007
                      Here is my question: Who decided that only a Black Jeweled Queen can
                      rule Ebon Askavi?

                      I ask because most of the human Blood thought that Witch always wears
                      the Black, but then Draca(I think it was Draca) said that she doesn't
                      always wear the Black and that Cassandra was not Witch. So why is the
                      Queen of Ebon Askavi required to wear the Black? Just because of human
                      tradition?

                      Although Jaenelle wouldn't want to be Queen again, so its probably a
                      moot point. But I'm just saying....maybe she could, if there was a
                      need. Although if something really serious happened, she could just
                      reclaim the Ebony, once again making this discussion unneccessary.
                    • Kimera
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 19, 2007
                        The only person who can answer this has, so far, decided to remain silent.

                        Anne? Please clue us in, why is it that Witch must wear Black (Ebony) to be the Queen of Ebon Askavi?

                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 19, 2007
                          You have to ask Draca. Or Lorn.

                          The Queen of Ebon Askavi wears a Black Jewel.

                          Anne

                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 19, 2007
                            That's not fair, you know Draca wont talk... and Lorn is ummmm well LORN

                          • Rowan222@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 20, 2007
                              yea i'd like to know Lorn's thoughts on this too, but..umm yea, hes lorn!lol

                              i personally like that its a mystery and no one really knows.
                              Renee