Re: [ShadowRealms] All of you:)

  • Craig Corlis
    Message 1 of 27 , May 31, 2007
      I've gotten together with groups from many activities. Once, I flew to Las
      Vegas to meet a group of people I play an online game with. I don't see any
      reason a group of like-minded author-crazed fans couldn't do the same thing.
      All it would take is someone to step up and organize it, and enough interest
      to make it worth the trip, of course.

      -Craig

      On 5/31/07, scarlet_lullaby13 <scarlet_lullaby13@...> wrote:

      > I would love for us all to meet one day. You are all such a diverse
      > and cultured group of people. It's such a shame we all live so far
      > apart, but at the same time, it's also a good thing, because we all
      > come from different countries/ communities.
      >
      > Kathryn.

    • vuysher
      Message 2 of 27 , Jun 1, 2007
        Craig said
        > I don't see any reason a group of like-minded author-crazed fans
        > couldn't do the same thing.

        I met up with a group of ppl who read Lackey books well over 10 yrs ago
        now and we stil meet up periodically whenever we can organise it

        Jason
      • ~Priestess
        Message 3 of 27 , Jun 4, 2007
          What state is everyone in? Maybe we should get some logistics.
          I, for one, would love to meet everyone. Imagine the possibilities!
          Sounds like a great idea. :)

          ~Iria

          vuysher wrote:

          > Craig said
          > > I don't see any reason a group of like-minded author-crazed fans
          > > couldn't do the same thing.
          >
          > I met up with a group of ppl who read Lackey books well over 10 yrs ago
          > now and we stil meet up periodically whenever we can organise it
          >
          > Jason

        • Craig Corlis
          Message 4 of 27 , Jun 4, 2007
            I'm in Florida. Which, by the way, has Orlando, which is one of the best
            places to have a get-together there is.

            -Craig

            On 6/4/07, ~Priestess <priestess@...> wrote:
            What state is everyone in? Maybe we should get some logistics.
            I, for one, would love to meet everyone. Imagine the possibilities.
            Sounds like a great idea. :)
            ~Iria.

          • scarlet_lullaby13
            Message 5 of 27 , Jun 4, 2007
              I'm Down Under. But I'm still willing to meet everyone.:)
            • Rose Wink
              Message 6 of 27 , Jun 4, 2007
                Florida, North Eastern part

              • Yvonne Kalis

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                    Iria wrote:
                    What state is everyone in? Maybe we should get some
                    logistics. I, for one, would love to meet everyone.
                    Imagine the possibilities! Sounds like a great idea.
                    :)

                    well i'm over the big pond inthe UK so anything that
                    comes off in the US wud need a lot of planning

                    Jason

                    Life may not be the party we imagined, but while we are here we might as well dance

                    Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

                    All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
                  • RoseOfMalice@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                      In a message dated 6/4/2007 9:34:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
                      scarlet_lullaby13@... writes:

                      >>I'm Down Under. But I'm still willing to meet everyone.:)

                      I'm in southeast Wisconsin. I'd rather go to your neck of the woods to meet
                      you! :)

                      ~Ariel
                      who's always wanted to go to Australia

                    • Soli
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                        And I'm in Connecticut.

                        Soli

                        --
                        one long, shining thread of coincidence
                        quantumbutterfly@...
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                          Is there a way to turn this into a poll on the site? Might be a little less
                          messy overall and easier to analyse.

                          Adrienne

                          --
                          http://bookcrossing.com/referral/adrienne10
                          http://360.yahoo.com/adrienne10_99

                        • LadyDragus
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                            Missouri, Springfield..
                          • Craig Corlis
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                              This might work better.

                              http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_map&mapid=68720298250

                              It's a private Frappr map, not on the general member directory or listed
                              publically. It's only use is to see where we're concentrated geographically.

                              -Craig

                              On 6/5/07, Adrienne Roehrich <aroehrich@...> wrote:

                              > Is there a way to turn this into a poll on the site? Might be a little
                              > less
                              > messy overall and easier to analyse..

                            • Robyn Hay
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                                I'm Up North. Alberta has some lovely mountain ranges.

                                Robyn

                                scarlet_lullaby13 <scarlet_lullaby13@...> wrote:
                                I'm Down Under. But I'm still willing to meet everyone.:)

                              • Jaeneva
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                                  Odd.... There used to be another Anne Bishop frappr map I was on, but it
                                  seems to have disappeared from my maps.

                                  Jae

                                  mailto:aroehrich@...]> wrote:

                                  > > Is there a way to turn this into a poll on the site? Might be a little
                                  > > less
                                  > > messy overall and easier to analyse..

                                  > Messages in this topic [link:
                                  groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowRealms/message/15610;_ylc=X3oDMTM1NDN1cGllBF9TA
                                  zk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4MzU2OARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwMjAyMjcEbXNnSWQDMTU2NTIEc2VjA
                                  2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMTgxMDU2NDkxBHRwY0lkAzE1NjEw](0) Reply (via web
                                  post) [link:
                                  groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowRealms/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwcTNhY2xwBF9TAzk3MzU5Nz
                                  E0BGdycElkAzE4MzU2OARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwMjAyMjcEbXNnSWQDMTU2NTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbG
                                  sDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMTgxMDU2NDkx?act=reply&messageNum=15652]| Start a new
                                  topic [link:
                                  groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowRealms/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcDJ2OXVkBF9TAzk3MzU5Nz
                                  E0BGdycElkAzE4MzU2OARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwMjAyMjcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbnRwYwRzdGltZQ
                                  MxMTgxMDU2NDkx]
                                  > Messages [link:
                                  groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowRealms/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJkYTU1OTJ0BF9TAzk3Mz
                                  U5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4MzU2OARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwMjA
                                • Kimera
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                                    New York City here ^_^
                                    Great hotels, horrible prices >.<

                                    What state is everyone in? Maybe we should get some
                                    logistics. I, for one, would love to meet everyone.
                                    Imagine the possibilities! Sounds like a great idea.
                                    :)

                                    well i'm over the big pond inthe UK so anything that
                                    comes off in the US wud need a lot of planning

                                    Jason

                                    Life may not be the party we imagined, but while we are here we might as well dance

                                    Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

                                  • Elizabeth Schechter
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                                      Also in Florida! And also near Orlando!

                                      --
                                      Elizabeth Schechter
                                      House Oakenhame
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                                        I know I'm usually very quiet on this list and from the heart of Dixie in Alabama.

                                        Michael

                                        --
                                        Elizabeth Schechter
                                        House Oakenhame
                                        SCA: Aurelia Aurifaber. Barony of Darkwater, Kingdom of Trimaris
                                        http://www.livejournal.com/users/ladysmith/

                                      • Cubby
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                                          No she needs to come to CA it is so nice. I would really love to have a good writer come out this way. We very rarely have any writers come to Bakersfield. It is like the end of the world and no one wants to come. They built this huge convention center to attract all kinds of entertainment and them people can't afford to go because the prices are too high. The first and only convention we had at it was in 93 or 94. since then they have hockey, ice shows or music and like i said no one can afford to go unless they are rich. Barnes and Nobles doesn't have any signings and Borders has had only one in 2005 with Rick Springfield. Dee

                                          YAHOO/AIM/AOL dragonscub1a ICQ 380495169
                                          WINDOWS/MSN drgnscub1@...
                                          http://cubbys-den.covenspace.com/ (vixis)
                                          http://www.myspace.com/vampires_klingons_oh_my (Vixis)
                                          EXERCISE is a DIRTY work. Everytime I HEAR it I Wash my mouth out with CHOCOLATE.

                                          Argue not with dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with brie "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus" or ketchup whichever is handy.

                                        • Cubby

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                                              Well...I'm in a happy and full state ~I know I'm a geek...no need to tell me
                                              LOL~ Naw, I'm in California at the moment...but I can't wait to get home to
                                              Missouri...Kansas City Missouri...and will be there at some point...within
                                              the next year...hopefully for good.

                                              Picture this � share your photos and you could win big!
                                              http://www.GETREALPhotoContest.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us
                                            • Lori Schmitt
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Jun 6, 2007
                                                Hurray for Kansas City! I live on the Kansas side of the Metro area.

                                                Peace, love and dragons!

                                                Lori

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Jun 6, 2007
                                                  <<<snip>>>
                                                  > This might work better.

                                                  http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_map&mapid=68720298250

                                                  > It's a private Frappr map, not on the general member
                                                  > directory or listed
                                                  > publically. It's only use is to see where we're
                                                  > concentrated geographically.

                                                  <<<snip>>>

                                                  Thanks for setting this up. :)

                                                  ttyl,
                                                  Lisa :)

                                                • Joie Helena
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Jun 7, 2007
                                                    So true...the MISSOURI side of Kansas City is cultured and fun and
                                                    awesome...the Kansas side is sucky LOL. Still...it's fun.

                                                  • Lori Schmitt
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Jun 7, 2007
                                                      um, ouch :) KCK does suck (tho not so much since the Speedway and The
                                                      Legends opened), but luckily I don't live in KCK. I'm a JoCo brat, me.
                                                      Peace, love and dragons!

                                                    • finn13@ksu.edu
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Jun 7, 2007
                                                        I'm not too far away from you guys. I'm in Manhattan, KS right
                                                        now-because of K-State. I'm originally from Wichita, KS though.

                                                        Jenn