Re: [ShadowRealms] Re: Books read lately

  • RoseOfMalice@aol.com
    Message 1 of 81 , May 1, 2007
      In a message dated 4/30/2007 11:18:50 PM Central Daylight Time,
      tyflyygirl@... writes:

      ..."The
      Great Gatsby" which I am taking a lit test on and my
      class that I student teach is reading it. (sigh) I
      like it but its boring to keep rehashing things for
      weeks at a time.

      I think you just hit on the way that school in general destroys the joy of
      reading for the rest of the population. :)

      I was in Barnes and Noble on Sunday to sit in one of their comfy chairs for a
      couple hours and give some new books a try and I happened to find a seat
      directly across from their two racks of Spark Notes. (What happened to Cliff
      Notes? I feel kind of old now...) Looking at what I had read and hadn't, I came to
      the conclusion that I would probably be considered a pretty well-read
      person....except I'd probably never pick up any of those books for a re-read and I
      can't remember what happened in most of them beyond major plot details. Is that
      the kind of reading schools want to encourage?

      ~Ariel
      Required Reading Survivor

    • Cubby
      Message 81 of 81 , May 14, 2007
        now I admit to trying to get old but not yet. But as for being grumpy and grouchy i am what i am and you kids made me that way sot there. LOL Dee

        YAHOO/AIM/AOL dragonscub1a ICQ 380495169
        WINDOWS/MSN drgnscub1@...
        http://cubbys-den.covenspace.com/ (vixis)
        http://www.myspace.com/vampires_klingons_oh_my (Vixis)
        EXERCISE is a DIRTY work. Everytime I HEAR it I Wash my mouth out with CHOCOLATE.

        Argue not with dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with brie "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus" or ketchup whichever is handy.