Re: [ShadowRealms] Re: Excited

  • BJ Hunter
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 12, 2007
      lol I like that! BJ

      > I mean supposedly she was the daughter of
      > Dracula, can you be a little more scary?
    • A Z
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 13, 2007
        I got that same anthology. I have decided not to buy
        anthologies anymore for her work or MaryJanice
        Davidson as simply their works are too short and i
        always feel jipped. L.A. Banks usually aren't bad and
        Sunny's worked for her series on having something
        happen relationship wise that had bearing on the
        series (if not the actual plot). Some authors just
        don't write good short stories.I always though the
        daughter of dracula would have a big long story with
        lots of evil and good fighting. I mean she is
        DRACULA'S DAUGHTER. You want a kick butt daughter who
        is either evil or conflicted or something of that
        nature. Gah!

        Surprisingly, while i found the blurb and ads for
        KNIGHT OF DARKNESS to be boring and dull (which is why
        it took so long for me to get around to buying and
        reading it), i enjoyed it a lot. The blurb was
        misleading as it has lots of humor (a mandrake that
        quotes spamalot and monty python and the holy grail to
        the king author knights? Hilarious!) and i agree that
        the heroine was more likeable. Got more spunk and not
        so "i am so good and innocent" going on in her head.
        She truly believes the opposite without the whining
        (except for the pit of despair incident which was
        hilarious and how i feel about such people whining
        like that) and angst that predominates so many books
        lately.She definitely has a sarcastic mouth on her. I
        am about half way through the book and should have it
        finished tonight if not earlier. I got some scheming
        and plotting to do for the holiday tomorrow. I love
        Valentine's Day as it is one of those days i can use
        as an excuse to be as evil as i want to the hubby.
        <grin> Forget sweet and nice lets be evil! Oh yes!

        Sorry. I am back to normal now.

        Good luck on your test!
        Shar

        --- ja'von mccreary <tyflyygirl@...> wrote:
        I probally won't
        > really start reading Sunshine until this weekend
        > lots of test this week must have will to study.

        The fish are biting.
      • Raonaid Siofra
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 15, 2007
          <SNIPPED FROM "Shar" ON FEB. 11, 2007> <g> I have the same problem with my husband. Games and
          anything computer related. He just talked me into letting him buy a back up drive for $115. Now he is
          trying for some other computer related stuff. I already got him the game he was interested in the most
          in Jan. and now he is after a new play system as our playstation 2 is starting to give us trouble.

          Of course, you put me in a bookstore (used or new) or a library and you will pity the check out person as
          the piles grow big. Shar <END OF SNIP>
          -- ::Laughs:: My husband tries to convince me that our boys need or want game-related things. With our income tax, he bought himself the X-box 360, and our three boys, the Wii.
          Hehe, my local librarian knows me already. She knows to expects a small list of titles/authors to get in for me. My hubby grumbles about that. I told him the other day my ideal job would be working in a book store. However, being around so many books, I'll probably not have a paycheck.

          <SNIPPED FROM "Ja'von mccreay" ON FEB. 11, 2007> But what did surprise me about the
          book was ZT I had never met him before I want to see more. <END OF SNIP>

          -- Zebulan's a new character. We 'may' see more of him in upcoming books. He made Kenyon's February Dark Hunter of the Month (something she does for her fans). I love the male models she finds for her characters. If I can find the web page I'll include it in this email.
          http://www.dailyinquisitor.com/hunter//zeb.htm
          Rao

          Anger and agony are better than misery
          Trust me I've got a plan when the lights go off you will understand - "Pain" by Three Days Grace (awesome song there! My theme song}