OT: bookshelves/storage

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 22, 2006
      We all talk about our TBR "pile(s) of books. Well, I have TBR bookcases...if
      I had a few!

      Does anyone know of an online retailer who is selling cheepie (yet of course
      good quality!) bookcases...modular would be good. I've found a few places
      but I'd love to find more to choose from.

      I'd really like it if minimum time would be needed to
      put it together. I saw some neat ones at Staples...glass top and the shelves
      themselves wood..all done with the frame of the bookcase being black. I
      would have bought one there but it was too heavy for me to lift and of
      course I can't find online!

      If you have any suggestions, please email me OFFLIST.

      thanks!!

      Kandra

    • Danielle
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 22, 2006
        I recently aquired some more bookshelves. I now have more space for books
        ^.^ Time for a shopping spree...
      • Missy / Crystal Dolphin
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 23, 2006
          I have found the Bookshelves from Ikea to be durable, good looking and modular (lots of options). I have 5x3" bookshelves plus some of the CD/DVD shelves, and as an added bonus some of the types have optional doors if you want to have doors.

          Hugs

          Missy / Crystal Dolphin

        • rchristoph
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 23, 2006
            I recently aquired some more bookshelves. I now have more space for books
            ^.^ Time for a shopping spree...

            __._ Having to go shopping for books......... ohhhhhhhhh twist my
            arm.......

            Ronda ,_.___ .

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 23, 2006
              Hi Missy,

              <<I have found the Bookshelves from Ikea to be durable, good looking and
              modular (lots of options). I have 5x3" bookshelves plus some of the CD/DVD
              shelves, and as an added bonus some of the types have optional doors if you
              want to have doors.>>

              Could you please send me (offlist) a couple of those links to the modular
              bookcases?

              Thanks!

              K.

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 23, 2006
                Danielle wrote:

                <<I recently aquired some more bookshelves. I now have more space for
                books>>

                ::glare:: Hey!! I want some of those shelves, please! <g>

                ^.^ Time for a shopping spree...>>

                Oh yeah!

                Kandra

              • Cubby
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 23, 2006
                  have lots of books in storage but need more sheelves and another room to put them in. hehehe Dee

                  YAHOO/AIM/AOL dragonscub1a ICQ 291581762 MSN drgnscub1@...

                  "I can not create life... but I can breath on the remaining embers...Can simply BE...".

                  Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

                  EXERCISE is a DIRTY work. Everytime I HEAR it I Wash my mouth out with CHOCOLATE.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 23, 2006
                    I hate to say it, but most of mine are in those flat plastic totes under the bed (I heard those gasps). My kids have the bookshelves all taken up with their books, coloring books, and puzzles. Maybe someday I will get the shelves back! BJ
                    =====================
                    have lots of books in storage but need more sheelves and another room to put them in. hehehe Dee
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 23, 2006
                      BJ wrote:

                      <<I hate to say it, but most of mine are in those flat plastic totes under
                      the bed (I heard those gasps).>>

                      lol! No gasps here...but those wouldn't fit under my bed. Plus, I'm afraid
                      I'd be the type of "out of
                      sight, out of mind...."

                      K.
                    • momof2nastyboys@verizon.net
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 24, 2006
                        For me it's more like "out of sight, away from Jacob's crayons"! BJ
                        I'd be the type of "out of
                        sight, out of mind...."
                        K.