Thanks for your welcome

  • Hope Harris
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2006
      Hi thanks.

      I've read Dreams Made Flesh now and loved that too.

      Weaver of Dreams was a great background to how the blood came about.

      I love Marian and Lucivar....I loved the bit where she beats up Roxie (yeah! Go girl!) and I thought their growing relationship was very touching. As for the rut...whew!

      And Zuulaman. Wow.

      And of course Kaeleer's Heart....isn't Daemon wonderful? Okay he's also The Sadist and kills Lektra and Roxie, but I still love him! I absolutely love his relationship with Jaenelle. Their acceptance of each other, exactly as they are, is very moving.

      I bought the omnibus edition of The Black Jewels Trilogy and talking about covers...really liked it. I also liked the cover of Dreams Made Flesh. I'm going to cover them in sticky back plastic to protect them.

      And I agree about the German covers being scary....more like covers for some bondage story! Hated them. They don't reflect the characters or stories at all. Just my opinion of course. :-)

      And Taesha I'd love to discuss plot points with you.

      Hope

    • Robyn Hay
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2006
        Welcome Hope (after long delay involving diapers and life)!

        I must say, reading your intro., and this newest post, you certainly have a way of typing your excitement about the realms. ;) It's nice to hear from someone who just finished reading them. It reminds me of how much I enjoyed them. Makes me want to re-read them! Not that I haven't a billion times over....but that isn't the point.

        Anne certainly has a way with characterization. Wonder how she does it?

        Robyn

        Hope Harris <hopeful512@...> wrote:
[...]

      • Taesha Stevens
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 8, 2006
          i think lektra and roxie got everything they deserved, and nothing more. i really liked when jaenelle totally busted luthvian treating marian like a slave, and gave her shit for it. i think that was one of two times in her life luthvian really felt bad about something she had done (the other time was when she was dying...). it must be very difficult to be like jaenelle and saetan are. they are such good people when their homes and families and friends are being treated well. but they are so powerful, destroying a whole culture or a taint spreading in the land is not out of reach for them... but they are so fragile that to do it tears them apart, physically and emotionally, because of the strain on their bodies and their friendships. only the people who would never ask for that kind of power, and really don't like it, should ever weild anything like it.

        • scarlet_lullaby13
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 13, 2006

            [I love Marian and Lucivar....I loved the bit where she beats up Roxie
            (yeah! Go girl!)]

            I absolutely agree!!

            [isn't Daemon wonderful?]

            *Sighs dreamily* ...yes.