Re: [ShadowRealms] Re: excerpt

  • Robyn Hay
    Message 1 of 68 , Oct 10, 2006
      Many years ago, I sent Anne an email claiming it was "cruel" to end Heir on such a cliff hanger and that I was going insane waiting for Queen. She replied that it shouldn't be viewed that way, that you were supposed to know that Daemon and Jaenelle would be together in the next book.

      Despite her words, I still lost half my hair in the wait.

      Robyn

      bj hunter <momof2nastyboys@...> wrote:
      That is why I don't read the excerpts, I just wait until the book
      comes out. Why tease myself early, or is that why let Anne tease me? I
      just don't do it! BJ

      > Okay, again don't take this wrong, but i really think
      > we have an author who loves to torture us poor
      > readers. Not that i am really complaining, but...She
      > loves to tease us! No fair. Fun, yes? Fair, no! Argh!

    • Robyn Hay
      Message 68 of 68 , Oct 12, 2006
        Nice to know. I'll have to ask at Chapters next time I'm in the store (which will be tomorrow). BTW: Good, strong name! Too bad it's spelt wrong...;)
        My daughter's is spelled with a C! Which makes for her nickname: Cat.
        Hmmmm......where'd I get that from?

        Robyn

        Katherine Lazo <casey_lazo@...> wrote:
        When I was in Chapters (downtown Vancouver) last month, they had a banner in the store about how the Canadian dollar price on the books wasn't the "final" price. They were adjusting the actual price at checkout to reflect the strong loonie. So there's hope!

        Katherine

        Robyn Hay wrote: I love the gift certificate route. My inlaws believe that a $200 Chapters card makes a good gift. I'm sure the neighbours down the street heard my whoop! Unfortunately for me, I'm bitter at the world as prices of books in Canada haven't gone down despite the rise of our dollar compared with the USA. Fine, it's not an easy thing to change but you'd think they could do something.....

        Robyn